It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Well, I don't know you personally, of course. But I still know you in a broader sense. I have spent better than a half-century trying to understand the human animal... in all that time, I have picked up a few things. Your agenda is completely transparent to me.

While it is true the GOP went after Obama for 8 years, it is not true that the media did so. The media were his cheerleaders; the courts were his benefactors. With Trump, a similar reaction from the DNC is expected... but not from the media nor the courts. The DNC themselves are not the reason the briefings may be cancelled; the media is.

The fact that you choose to not just ignore that, but to actively divert around it, is transparent. I know you well enough to know you have more inter-ear horsepower than that.

Yes, stopping the daily press briefings would be a reduction in transparency in the short term, but compared to previous administrations, there would still be an overall increase in transparency. Again, you know that to be true, but you will twist your argument to divert away from that uncomfortable fact.

You are a man hiding in a cabin with no windows surrounded by miles of inpenetrable forest, complaining that someone living in a glass house shouldn't draw the curtains a little. I know you well enough to say that.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

Well, I don't know you personally, of course. But I still know you in a broader sense. I have spent better than a half-century trying to understand the human animal... in all that time, I have picked up a few things. Your agenda is completely transparent to me.

Yet you were completely wrong about what I wanted and what I hoped for in the days following the election. So, how about you shut up about me? Capiche?

While it is true the GOP went after Obama for 8 years, it is not true that the media did so. The media were his cheerleaders; the courts were his benefactors. With Trump, a similar reaction from the DNC is expected... but not from the media nor the courts. The DNC themselves are not the reason the briefings may be cancelled; the media is.

So you are just pretending like conservative media such as Fox News, Infowars, Breitbart, Drudge Report, etc NEVER piled on stupid and negative articles about Obama? Can I have whatever you are smoking? Because it MUST be good. The "Birther" controversy alone makes what you are saying here to be nonsense because that was SOLELY driven by conservative media. Well that and Donald Trump.

The fact that you choose to not just ignore that, but to actively divert around it, is transparent. I know you well enough to know you have more inter-ear horsepower than that.

Ignore? No. Consider unimportant? Yes.

Yes, stopping the daily press briefings would be a reduction in transparency in the short term, but compared to previous administrations, there would still be an overall increase in transparency. Again, you know that to be true, but you will twist your argument to divert away from that uncomfortable fact.

No. Actually I don't and I eagerly await how you will spin this to show that it is.

You are a man hiding in a cabin with no windows surrounded by miles of inpenetrable forest, complaining that someone living in a glass house shouldn't draw the curtains a little. I know you well enough to say that.

TheRedneck

And you are agreeing with someone making a decision to reduce transparency because he has super thin skin and can't take what he's dished out.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   

a reply to: mysterioustranger

That's sorta taking things to the extreme.

No President has ever given daily briefings before. None.

That is bizarrely untrue....

www.whitehousehistory.org...

Lord...who told you that lie?

edit on 15-5-2017 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
maybe the problem is with the voters that put trump into office...trump is 70 years old, has privately owned his own company where he could fire anyone that disagreed with him, has had lawyers and accountants handle any of his legal and financial problems, had PR people to handle any public blowback, and somehow those voters thought he would make a great president

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Indigo5

Transparency is truth and facts...

True.

Sorta...

Fact: Sean Spicer was spotted walking in an area close to some bushes.
Spin: Sean Spicer was hiding in the bushes so he wouldn't have to talk to the press.

Fact: Donald Trump got two scoops of ice cream on his desert.
Spin: Even his desert choice shows Trump is a dictator.

Fact: Trump was already considering firing Comey before Rosenstein's recommendation.
Spin: Trump might want to derail an investigation into his criminal activity.

Fact: According to multiple officials, there is no evidence of collusion surrounding Trump himself.
Spin: The investigation into Trump's Russian connections might have uncovered something.

Fact: There is an ongoing procedural investigation within the FBI surrounding the 2016 Presidential election.
Spin: Trump could be indicted any day now for criminal activity.

Fact: Trump works harder than any President in memory, constantly holding meetings and developing policy to implement his campaign promises.
Spin: Trump changes his story constantly.

Fact: Trump wants peaceful relations with Russia.
Spin: Trump is sacking up to Putin.

Fact: Spin is not fact.

I don't give a # if you don't like the news or if they report things that YOU don't believe or agree with.

I should have warned you... I have developed a liberal translator. Let's see how that translates into English...

Just a minute... have to adjust the discombobulater filter sequencer... there!

"I don't care if the news uses facts or not, as long as they get my message out in a way that people will accept it."

Wow! I need to patent this thing!

This is the least transparent and most dishonest Presidential administration to ever sit in the Whitehouse.

Let's see how it works this time... cross-speak detection at 34.8%... should be good...

"This administration's transparency and honesty doesn't agree with what I want it to be"

Yep, calling a patent attorney now. Thanks for the test run!

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Transparency is truth and facts...

True.

Sorta...

Fact: Sean Spicer was spotted walking in an area close to some bushes.
Spin: Sean Spicer was hiding in the bushes so he wouldn't have to talk to the press.

I didn't see that news story? I did hear SNL did a funny skit about it? Is there a story?

Fact: Donald Trump got two scoops of ice cream on his desert.
Spin: Even his desert choice shows Trump is a dictator.

Lord...now I have to search up this piece of no news? What are you obsessing about? Hold on..

Ok...Times reporters reported they got one scoop and POTUS got two? Who gives a eff? People can make fun of the thin skinned oompa-loompa if they like, he is President...it's his job. Geez...Do you recall Pres. Obama looking to ban the press? Did anyone in the press ever give him a hard time? Or does Gay, Terrorist, Muslim born in Kenya ring bells?

But a fluff piece about two-scoops and poor Donnie? No more press?

Fact: Trump was already considering firing Comey before Rosenstein's recommendation.
Spin: Trump might want to derail an investigation into his criminal activity.

Did you forget the "fact" where for 48 hours his staff + the VP said the exact opposite in giving the causation and reasoning?

Fact: According to multiple officials, there is no evidence of collusion surrounding Trump himself.
Spin: The investigation into Trump's Russian connections might have uncovered something.

What officials? When did they say it? Because as far as I am aware there are two Inspector general Investigations...DOD and DOJ, two congressional investigations, House and Senate and one FBI investigation ...All OPEN and ONGOING?

Fact: There is an ongoing procedural investigation within the FBI surrounding the 2016 Presidential election.
Spin: Trump could be indicted any day now for criminal activity.

??? what "Procedural Investigation" are you referring to?

Fact: Trump works harder than any President in memory, constantly holding meetings and developing policy to implement his campaign promises.
Spin: Trump changes his story constantly.

Fact...he has spent more time out of the Whitehouse and more time golfing than any President in Modern Memory.
And you second item "Spin" is also Fact.

Fact: Trump wants peaceful relations with Russia.
Spin: Trump is sacking up to Putin.

Both are to be determined...

"This administration's transparency and honesty doesn't agree with what I want it to be"

Transparency and Honesty doesn't agree with anyone?

Maybe that is your disconnect..

Facts care not what you or me WANT them to be...they are facts.

FACTS win..

That is why Transparency is seen as the enemy to Trump an minions..

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   

So, how about you shut up about me? Capiche?

Capiche. And my apologies for making you uncomfortable. I tend to forget how much factual analysis can hurt.

Please forgive me.

So you are just pretending like conservative media such as Fox News, Infowars, Breitbart, Drudge Report, etc NEVER piled on stupid and negative articles about Obama?

Ah, you have me there! Good show!

You see, I stopped watching Fox News way back when, well before Obama took over. I have this allergy to stoopid, so listening to too much of Alex Jones could hospitalize me (I have been warned that more than 5 minutes of Limbaugh could be fatal). I had never heard of Breitbart until Trump got elected. I do like Drudge, but that's more of a news search than a news source... I usually prefer ATS for my online breaking news.

I only recently switched back to Fox News because CNN started giving me severe rashes.

Ignore? No. Consider unimportant? Yes.

OK, if you really want me to capiche, it would help if you wouldn't make it so tempting...

No. Actually I don't and I eagerly await how you will spin this to show that it is.

Spin? Spin? We don' need no stinkin' spin!

From www.quora.com...

APP shows Obama has had 163, an avarage of 1.72/month. He is the one with the lowest rate since Ronald Reagan, who held 46 (0.48/month).

Trump has daily press briefings, tweets constantly, and has appeared for so many interviews with news media that I can't keep up with them all. That's why the Left stays in this perpetually-triggered state of maximum spin.

To be honest, it reminds me of a machine gun with a stuck trigger... loaded with blanks.

Your turn.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Still waiting for you to explain this...eh..."Alternative Fact"?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Ummm... thank you for the floor plans?

I didn't see anything in there about daily press briefings.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I have spent better than a half-century trying to understand the human animal...

Along with the rest of the human population..

I would suggest you try harder before quipping arrogant and misdirected personal analysis of posters..

It's against T&C.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Capiche. And my apologies for making you uncomfortable. I tend to forget how much factual analysis can hurt.

Please forgive me.

Seriously? You're going to lie about me, I tell you that isn't how I am and you are going to call that "factual analysis" and tell me that I'm hurting because instead of addressing your offtopic lies about me I urge you to drop the bull# and proceed on topic? Are you really so conceded that you think you are my mind reader or something?

Ah, you have me there! Good show!

Exactly. QED.

You see, I stopped watching Fox News way back when, well before Obama took over. I have this allergy to stoopid, so listening to too much of Alex Jones could hospitalize me (I have been warned that more than 5 minutes of Limbaugh could be fatal). I had never heard of Breitbart until Trump got elected. I do like Drudge, but that's more of a news search than a news source... I usually prefer ATS for my online breaking news.

I only recently switched back to Fox News because CNN started giving me severe rashes.

I don't much pay attention to it either but I know it exists and has existed.

I

Spin? Spin? We don' need no stinkin' spin!

From www.quora.com...

APP shows Obama has had 163, an avarage of 1.72/month. He is the one with the lowest rate since Ronald Reagan, who held 46 (0.48/month).

Trump has daily press briefings, tweets constantly, and has appeared for so many interviews with news media that I can't keep up with them all. That's why the Left stays in this perpetually-triggered state of maximum spin.

To be honest, it reminds me of a machine gun with a stuck trigger... loaded with blanks.

Your turn.

TheRedneck

Hey. As long as he continues to have the pressers then I'm fine. This thread is talking about Trump carrying through on his recent threat to take them away. THAT'S where I have a problem, but if threat is just bluster like usual (and I'm even pretty sure that it is bluster) then I just chalk it up to another Trumpism lie and move on with my life. Sure I die a little inside that Trump would have the gall to threaten media transparency in the first place, but that happens every time Trump destroys a precedent in this country that would destroy any other politician and/or President.
edit on 15-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Ummm... thank you for the floor plans?

I didn't see anything in there about daily press briefings.

TheRedneck

So you can't support this claim?

Hint FDR was the first to hold "DAILY Press Briefings"

Pres. Bill Clinton was the first to Televise the "DAILY Press Briefings"

Where again did you get the alternative fact

"No President has ever given daily briefings before. None. "???

HERE are the Daily Press Briefings for 2016 (and going back to 1979 for tracking)..FDR is the first.
www.presidency.ucsb.edu...

You can change the date on that page going back to 1979...

A complete list of press briefings...

...Where did you get the alternative fact that Trump was the first ever to do Daily Press briefings..

Cuz..your "alternative fact" seems a prime example of why having transparency and reporting vs. Trump Tweets is a good idea.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Lord...now I have to search up this piece of no news?

Well, you're good for a laugh as usual, I'll grant you that!

My point, which you apparently missed completely, was exactly what you yourself concluded! Instead of reporting facts given in the briefings, the media is concentrating on rumors, innuendo, 'fluff,' and wild spin. That's exactly why this suggestion came about.

Did you forget the "fact" where for 48 hours his staff + the VP said the exact opposite in giving the causation and reasoning?

Is it possible that he had been considering the firing, but that the recommendation was the final straw that caused him to act? Or is it possible he chose to wait quietly until he was sure Rosenstein was in position to fire Comey?

Do you want a steam of Trump's consciousness broadcast on whitehouse.Gov?

Seriously, you really need to learn how negotiations and tactics work...

What officials? When did they say it? Because as far as I am aware there are two Inspector general Investigations...DOD and DOJ, two congressional investigations, House and Senate and one FBI investigation ...All OPEN and ONGOING?

James Clapper, Chuck Schumer, Diane Feinstein, Lindsay Graham, to name a few.

All those investigations are ongoing; none of them implicate Donald Trump. The vast majority are not criminal... primarily because they are investigating Russian officials and warrants don't mean squat outside the US. Flynn is the subject of a criminal investigation, if I'm not mistaken. So was Hillary.

The procedural investigations, aimed at finding out exactly how improper influence happened if it did, all include the Presidential campaigns... that includes the Trump campaign. They also include the Clinton campaign, the Sanders campaign, and probably the Rubio and Cruz and Carson campaigns.

You might want to broaden your scope a little. You seem to miss a lot.

Fact...he has spent more time out of the Whitehouse and more time golfing than any President in Modern Memory.

And done more...

Transparency and Honesty doesn't agree with anyone?

Maybe that is your disconnect..

Facts care not what you or me WANT them to be...they are facts.

Hahaha, I do love it when you make my points for me...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Hey. As long as he continues to have the pressers then I'm fine. This thread is talking about Trump carrying through on his recent threat to take them away.

Ummm... he didn't threaten to take them away.

He suggested replacing the daily press briefings with daily official written statements AND bi-weekly press conferences with him directly, to ensure that rapidly changing policy didn't get misrepresented and blown out of proportion.

You have heard him, right? As opposed to listening to someone tell you what he said?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Ummm... no, you didn't support yours. The goal line is that way.

HERE are the Daily Press Briefings for 2016

NOW we're getting somewhere!

I see where there were indeed press briefings on a nearly daily basis. Thank you for clearing that up.

I stand corrected and withdraw that portion of my argument.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Fine. Whatever you want to call it. I'm not worried about those semantics. If you understand my grander point that is what matters to me. Trump's "whatever you want to call it" in the OP is a form of reducing transparency due to him being thin skinned and not being able to take the same punishment from the media that Obama took for 7 and half more years than he has. BUT as long as he doesn't follow through on "whatever you want to call it" and he continues to hold the press briefings as is then I don't have any problems.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Lord...now I have to search up this piece of no news?

Well, you're good for a laugh as usual, I'll grant you that!

My point, which you apparently missed completely, was exactly what you yourself concluded! Instead of reporting facts given in the briefings, the media is concentrating on rumors, innuendo, 'fluff,' and wild spin. That's exactly why this suggestion came about.

As best I can tell, that fluff piece on two-scoops was a Time Magazine interview that the President gave.

What does that have to do with the Daily Briefing?

The rest seems to be logically dishonest at best...Citing conclusions of ongoing investigations etc.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   
This is just another case of Trump picking up his toys and going home. The big bad media covered something in a way that crybaby POTUS and his appointed yes men don't like... So naturally the immediate response is to act like butthurt children and just cancel all daily press briefings.

ATS never surprises me any more. Theres three or four members who understand what a huge disservice this is to the American public. The rest of you are like 'YEAH DOWN WITH THE FREE PRESS, HOW DARE THE MEDIA ASK HARD QUESTIONS OF THE PRESIDENT!'. You guys make me sick.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Ummm... no, you didn't support yours. The goal line is that way.

When you make claims contrary to reality, typically the one making the claim has the onus of supporting it.

I see where there were indeed press briefings on a nearly daily basis. Thank you for clearing that up.

I stand corrected and withdraw that portion of my argument.

Perhaps you could return the favor?

With your profound skepticism of the news, I am curious as to what was the origin of that particular "alternative fact" that you now understand was the precise opposite of a fact?

You said it with such certainty..

Lets weed out fake reporting...

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Astonishing...all these members that say they will hold Trump accountable, but they never do. Only continue with the obfuscation, support, rationalization , and snarky insults.

But Obama....

But Hillary....

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join