It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   
A good point I heard today is that this President has kept himself very accessible to the Media, even though 80% of them are Anti-Trumpers.

Obama would have shut down all interviews if they were like the ones that President Trump has subjected himself to.

He taped one today with Judge Jeanine Pirro, of FOX News. It airs Saturday (tomorrow) at 9pm ET. Excerpts from it have been shown this evening. Tough...but respectful. The way it should be.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   
I wonder at what point where Trump does something so outrageous and against all our country stands for, where his supporters will start to question him. So far, nothing has phased his supporters.. they support him through blunders, angry outbreaks reminiscent of an angsty teen, a nonstop flow of lies to try and build his own ego.. and now proposes something that had Obama recommended it, they would call him a dictator and would have asked for impeachment.

Why people can't see that a President that only supports media that favors him, and calls all other media no less than TRAITORS to the U.S. and "fake" is going down a very dark path, boggles the mind. Control of the press is not a good thing.. no matter how bad you think the press is, all Presidents have had to go through that ringer. No matter how opposite their viewpoint is, that is the point of free speech.. so that you can hear supporters and opposition both. CNN has an agenda? Yea.. so does Fox.. and every news outlet.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

The irony is that Trump loves the Camera, he loves to be interviewed and be in the spotlight. He may call the press names but he can't control information leaking from a WH filled with people tasked to record everything Trump says for posterity.
His inflated ego very well might be his undoing. His tweet obsession shows his unstable personality and it scares the ***t out of the GOP.
edit on 13-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

He does have a problem with leaks, but while I will not deny the possibility they come from some of his associates, I believe it more likely they come from the beaurocracy left by Obama.

The most troubling thing I have seen in his entire Presidency was the leaking of General Flynn's improprieties to the press. Now, Flynn looks guilty as sin, and if so I hope he finds himself under a Federal cell block, but he is one man. The unmasking and leaking of names concerns the privacy of all Americans, and that particular leak didn't come from the Trump campaign... it came from within the Executive Branch if the US government under Obama.

I can't even put full blame for that on the MSM. They took advantage of an opportunity. The real culprit is whoever created that opportunity. I only blame the MSM for lazy, biased reporting of innuendo and fantasy... and that's enough blame for me to say they made their bed with this latest announcement.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I wonder at what point where Trump does something so outrageous and against all our country stands for, where his supporters will start to question him. So far, nothing has phased his supporters..

That's because of his detractors.

No President in history has had anywhere near the amount of bad press, much of it demonstrably false, linguistically biased, or simply fantastically paranoid, levelled at them. Some of us have actually been watching what's been happening, and we have seen a concerted effort to destroy everything Trump with reckless abandon.

Donald Trump won the election and has attempted to follow through on his promises. The fact that he has been thwarted at every turn reflects not on him, but on those who thwarted the will of the people who elected him. This story is a perfect example: people have watched the way Sean Spicer has been hounded by the White House Press Corp, and they find it abhorrent. When Trump takes steps to stop the biased reporting, the MSM cries that he is stifling transparency, despite his administration being one of the most transparent in memory.

That reflects poorly on the MSM, not on Trump.

As will the responses accusing me of ignorance or worse, simply for the reason that I cast my vote for who I considered to be the best choice.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President?

Whats the difference?
If Trump's, or his band of minions lips are moving, it's a lie, anyway, propaganda.

Learn what's happening at the WH from Putin, or BBC and Al Jazira!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

You know? Ive never seen such confusion and insults and backstabbing and "I -can-say-and-do-this-but-I-didnt-say-I-can-and-will-do-this" with this Presidency.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Oh, I definitely respect the office. But why doesnt Trump respect us?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Because after the paperboys deliver the paper every day...we cant question anything. Read it and take it. No questions asked.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

That's actually not true. You should actually listen to what was said once in a while; you might learn something.

Trump has suggested changing the daily briefings (which is much more available to the press than any time in history) with written press releases, yes. But he also suggested a bi-weekly or monthly question-and-answer session with the press talking directly to him.

The only thing that would change is that the press can't badger Sean Spicer any more.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The only thing that would change is that the press can't badger Sean Spicer any more.

I do sympathize with Sean and Sarah. They are caught between a rock and a hard place!!

www.nytimes.com...

I have nothing but admiration and respect for my GOP bosses when I worked for them in our local press room/studio during the campaigne. I still get my info about DC from them.
edit on 13-5-2017 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Oh, I did listen, watch and read the statements. One has to admit...a twice monthly or once weekly even...will leave some important issues buried in yesterday's, today's and tomorrow's news and happenings.

It's actually a clever way not to address everything. The public forgets...and other issues develop. Perhaps Im wrong. But I suspect I'm not alone in my observations. Whether a derogatory quote on a tour bus about women to a inquest or quote made months ago or last week...the public will forget much.

We do that now. In an uproar today about something...forgotten tomorrow because something takes its place.

Example: America nukes or gets hit by EMP's at or from another country somewhere. And we need to store up our questions for discussion in 2 weeks as the missiles fly, plagues hit, or our computers fail?

Potentially total annihilation in minutes...but we wait once or twice even 4 times a month for questions of clarifications????

Thank you RedN. for the reply....Best, MS***

***Edit to add: Why should this procedure be any different for this administration than all the others Presidencies?
edit on 14-5-2017 by mysterioustranger because: :to add

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

That's sorta taking things to the extreme.

No President has ever given daily briefings before. None. That was one of Trump's promises: transparency. Every workday, Sean Spicer (or lately Sarah Huckabee-Sanders) would walk out and take questions from the media. Obama didn't do that, nor Bush, nor Clinton, nor Bush, nor Reagan, nor Carter, nor Ford, nor Nixon...

But every one of them did give briefings, based in large part on the need to inform the people. If we nuke North Korea, I would fully expect Trump to interrupt American Idol with a message from the Oval Office. Every other President has done that. Nothing is even being considered to even remotely change that.

All Trump has said is that he tried the daily briefings idea and the media broke it. That's not on Trump. That's on the media. If I buy my kid a new car and he tries to drive it through a convenience store, that's his fault he doesn't have it anymore... not mine. But if he needs to get somewhere, of course I'll take him there.

Sometimes, reading between the lines isn't a good thing. Sometimes there's nothing actually written there.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
No one's going to trust another Republican or allow Republicans majority power for another 50 years.

Those that were on the fence - that took a chance and voted for the Great Orange - have learned a hard lesson.

I feel for them.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Thank you Red. I can see and agree with most of your point here...and its a changing world day to day..

I do see that we now-a-days question everything...every little nuance. And that can be a bad thing when there are soooo many questions to soooo many issues.

Thanks again........Best, MS

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Thank you for being willing to at least listen to another viewpoint. That is, unfortunately, becoming a rarity.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So, like the media, you take words and twist them? Where the hell did I say that? You cannot even do what Trump is asking and that is correct reporting of words written not spoken. You get your stars from the others that do not research but blindly follow a liar.

You proved you are no better than the assholes in the press corp. Thank you so much for proving my OP true.

Lol. Can't defend wanting to reduce transparency in government so then you attack me instead. Good stuff.

PS: Why you so bitter about my stars? You can't stand that others agree with me or something?
edit on 15-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

"Reduce transparency"...

Some people will look through a perfectly clear plate glass window, see something they don't like, and then complain the window is actually a painting.

We have transparency; it's just not what you wanted. You wanted Trump to commit high treason in full view of TV cameras on Day 1, confess on Day 2, and be executed on Day 3. You watched intently for that to happen, and it didn't. Now the panic has set in; Trump was not evil incarnate, nor was he completely inept. So now you rail against the transparency you cried for for so long, yet refused to implement when it was your turn.

How about some transparency in the DNC? Maybe they can actually explain, for once, why they begged for Comey to go, then attacked Trump when it happened? Maybe they can expose the obvious bias shown toward Clinton at Sanders' expense? How about some transparency in the media? Maybe the MSM can for once, finally, admit they were wrong about the election and investigate why their polls were so wrong.

I like the daily press briefings. I hope they stay. But if they go, it's not because Trump isn't being transparent; it's because the MSM and the DNC abused the transparency given them while hiding behind closed doors. Some people can destroy a steel ball using a rubber hammer.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I like the strawman; like you know me or something. Nice touch. Makes me not care about your opinion though. Not surprising though. Actually typical. Even the most verbose conservatives can't pass up a chance to ad hominem or strawman me in their responses even if I never attacked them in the first place.

Furthermore, this:

But if they go, it's not because Trump isn't being transparent; it's because the MSM and the DNC abused the transparency given them while hiding behind closed doors. Some people can destroy a steel ball using a rubber hammer.

Is ridiculousness. Hell I'm pretty sure this isn't JUST ridiculous. It's ricockulous as my squad mates in the Army used to say. Obama put up with daily abuse from conservative media for 8 #ing years and Trump gets it for little over 100 days from the liberal media and somehow that is "abusing transparency"? Lol. And that's without taking into consideration that MANY MANY of Trump's frustration are self-inflicted wounds and have nothing to do with what the liberal media is saying about him. What a terrible short-term memory you have.

Also, issuing notes as opposed to releasing information and fielding questions about why that information is happening is CERTAINLY a reduction of transparency. There is no other way to slice that pie. You are getting less information from pre-screened propaganda notes from the administration versus getting that information plus additional insight through questioning. Arguing otherwise is just lying about reality.
edit on 15-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I like the daily press briefings. I hope they stay. But if they go, it's not because Trump isn't being transparent; it's because the MSM and the DNC abused the transparency given them

Transparency is truth and facts...

In a democracy it is not a something that is "given" by power to the people, it is something that is demanded by the people of power.

I don't give a # if you don't like the news or if they report things that YOU don't believe or agree with.

This is the least transparent and most dishonest Presidential administration to ever sit in the Whitehouse.

Trump's excuse is now that he is "very active" and his spokespeople can't keep up.

It's pathetic....his best excuse for his unprecedented dishonesty is to declare his team incompetent.

Most of what he does share is a lie and in response to the press catching him in lies, he wants to be LESS transparent.

What a disgusting excuse for a President.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join