It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:01 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

What do you consider authentic? The narrative you are all pushing trying to compare to the NK is embarrassing.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Did he not hide from reporters? Was he not bush adjacent?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Ok, you win with 'bush adjacent'....have a good weekend Kali I know you deserve it!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143
I think it's a great decision to snip the media's testicles.

He's the President. He shouldn't have to put up with what's going on. Look what Lester Holt did to him, constantly interrupting him. Trump should have bitchslapped him.

The Left seems to be mentally ill as a group. They are hysterical, illogical, and violent as a group, completely beside themselves in their powerlessness to control what has happened and its consequences.

I confess their downward spiral has been fascinating to watch. The psychology is amazing.

I love this comment!!!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs'

Trump's attitude toward the media is more like Russia than North Korea. But, whatever. State sponsored media is what Trump has been promoting, attacking the 1st Amendment and the free press, calling them "fake" and "the lying media" reminiscent of Hitler, if what they report disagrees with his contrived narrative.

Trump got busted for fabricating the timing and his reasoning for the firing of Comey. His staff was found "flat footed", unaware and uniformed. They hadn't coordinated their stories. Everything came crashing down on Trump's true motive, to block the investigation into his campaign's ties to Russia. He's embarrassed, being caught with his pants down, so his knee jerk response is to blame the media and threaten to block their access.

Trump's rattled and scared, that's transparent.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: matafuchs'

Trump's attitude toward the media is more like Russia than North Korea. But, whatever. State sponsored media is what Trump has been promoting, attacking the 1st Amendment and the free press, calling them "fake" and "the lying media" reminiscent of Hitler, if what they report disagrees with his contrived narrative.

Trump got busted for fabricating the timing and his reasoning for the firing of Comey. His staff was found "flat footed", unaware and uniformed. They hadn't coordinated their stories. Everything came crashing down on Trump's true motive, to block the investigation into his campaign's ties to Russia. He's embarrassed, being caught with his pants down, so his knee jerk response is to blame the media and threaten to block their access.

Trump's rattled and scared, that's transparent.

Oh bull. He wants what is being said to be judged by its own merit instead of by spin. That's why he's suggesting the action. And you know it, windword.

ETA - notice how we are all judged by our written word here at ATS?

I rest my case.
edit on 5/12/2017 by TarzanBeta because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TarzanBeta

And you know it, windword.

No, that's not what I know. What I know is that this president, #45, is a thin skinned, tantrum throwing man child. He spins lies more often than he tells it like it is, and when the media "fact checks" his lies, he attacks them.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

And you know it, windword.

No, that's not what I know. What I know is that this president, #45, is a thin skinned, tantrum throwing man child. He spins lies more often than he tells it like it is, and when the media "fact checks" his lies, he attacks them.

He's only throwing fits when he says what you don't like to hear.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

LOL......Trump's tantrums aren't based on my emotions. Those are all his! This isn't about me, it's about Trump's inability to deal with the press as a politician.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

it's about Trump's inability to deal with the press as a politician.

So you're saying you want Trump to lie to the people, make promises he has no intention of trying to keep, collude, deceive, obfuscare, extort, conspire, and all the time smile for the camera and use purty words?

Wow, no wonder you hate Trump...

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:52 PM
link   

LOL......Trump's tantrums aren't based on my emotions. Those are all his! This isn't about me, it's about Trump's inability to deal with the press as a politician.

The press is supposed to be honest. They're all worried about spin. But if course, you know that.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Except in Russia or NK the entire CNN, MSNBC, Morning Joe, HuffPost and the other MSM sites would all be in prison or dead. Trump is simply calling them out on their bull#. Sorry you do not agree or like it but that is the truth.

NEVER in history has a media been the way they are to Trump. Trump did not get busted doing anything. There is nothing illegal with firing Comey and if he was scared he would have fired him day one. However, he gave him a chance and he still defended people who were not even elected or in office.

No media outlet is blocked from anything and if they are please show me what they are blocked from. Obama was the longest president without a press conference at over 90 days. No one said a think except probably Fox News. All the other stations were too busy covering up his daughters getting high and twerking.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Do you like when people lie about you? I don't and if they worked for me I would fire them.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
a reply to: havok
yeah i remember anderson cooper rolling his eyes that time someone was speaking the truth. if i was in charge of that network news his butt would be fired.
reporters are supposed to report news not give their options .

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   

The press doesn't work for Trump. They're free agents that enjoy 1st Amendment protected free speech. The press is the 4th Estate and serves as a public watchdog, keeping the people informed on issues that concern their best interest.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Trump is simply calling them out on their bull#.

No he isn't. Crying "Fake News" and changing the subject is not "calling them out on their BS".

NEVER in history has a media been the way they are to Trump.

LOL........Tell it to president Nixon!

Trump did not get busted doing anything.

HAHA. Yes he did!

No media outlet is blocked from anything and if they are please show me what they are blocked from.

They were blocked from Trump's meeting with the Russians.

This thread is about Trump's threat to stop press briefings and Q&As because he got caught with his pants on fire, throwing his staffers under the bus. He's embarrassed, and the it fake media that's to blame?

This is Nixon all over again.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   

So why have they not done that for the past couple of decades? Be a watchdog. They tried and were hacked by the US government.

You are right, they do not work for Trump and he does not work for them. If he does not want to talk to them it is not a violation of the 1st Amendment. They are actively using that right to the verge of slander right now and it is, to be honest, embarrassing.

And again, Trump does not have to allow the press into the White House if he does not want to. He is the president and is in charge, not the Morning Joe and those jackoffs...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:01 PM
link   

The press doesn't work for Trump. They're free agents that enjoy 1st Amendment protected free speech. The press is the 4th Estate and serves as a public watchdog, keeping the people informed on issues that concern their best interest.

Neither does Trump work for the press.

There is no requirement for any President to give press briefings. There is no requirement for any President to answer any questions put to him by anyone. That is all a courtesy extended by the White House in order to communicate with the citizenry.

It is the job of the press to search out, investigate, and report on events. It is not the job of the press to present opinion, innuendo, or rumor. The press does not have the right to attend closed meetings, invade privacy, or demand access to classified information. In fact, the press does not have any rights that do not extend to any citizen, because any citizen can be the press simply by reporting on events.

Every person who posts news of events on a Web site is a member of the press. Every person who records an event on their cell phone and publishes it on YouTube is a member of the press. Every member of ATS who presents information on an event is a member of the press.

The only difference between such people and the MSM... Fox, NBC, ABC, CNN, CBS, PBS, CSPAN, or MSNBC... is that the MSM employs professional reporters, paid to cover events. They have no more rights than a bum lying in the gutter passed-out drunk. The Federal government cannot stop that bum from reporting something he saw to others, and it cannot prevent the MSM from reporting something they discovered to others. That is not the same as the Federal government being required to give access. Getting the story is the job of the press, not the government.

Now, you or anyone else can complain about your favorite news outlet having to work harder to get the news, but the only actual action you or I have that we can take is to vote out someone who we believe needs to allow more access to professional reporters. We can vote out anyone who has a hair color that we don't like. So unless you can show evidence that Trump is actively preventing someone from speaking out about something they have knowledge of, you'll just gave to wait until 2020 to 'remedy' your problem, and that assumes others agree with you in sufficient numbers.

The MSM had access to daily briefings. They abused that privilege by acting combative with the White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer, and by twisting his words to fit a hostile agenda. If Trump decides to suspend that privilege and resort to other means of communicating with the public, that's his call and the MSMs fault.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Trump doesn't have greatest control of the leaks coming out of the oval office. Even some of Trumps closest aids are moles for the MSM I'll wager. Maybe even Spicer, Kellyann or Katrina... Money Trumps everything. Info paparazzi are everywhere in DC.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join