It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: matafuchs

Newspapers have always been dominated by opinion within the reporting. It's almost a myth that we have ever had straight-up non-biased reporting. It's why we can all say Left/Middle/Right in relation to any news sites or newspapers.

God help me for saying this...we should appreciate the diversity and the detritus. There will always be some factually accurate reporting amongst the garbage and bias. We have to look for it, but most importantly know what it is when we see it.

You run a decent thread and I like your style

Exactly. We have to put some effort in to this if we want to know the truth. Too many people rely on the media to do the dirty work for them and that leads to people crying about the media when they find out they are misinformed.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Are people actually defending the MSM?

When did the media become the bastion of truth and impartiality?

I think I missed the memo.

So because the MSM lies or is wrong from time to time that means we should shut down all transparency into the government and have no accounting for the government's actions all because Trump is upset that the media says mean things about him?

Why are you defending an obviously biased media-?

Nevermind.

Forgot who I was talking to.

1st Amendment. Ever heard of it?

Yeah. Can you show me where the 1st Amendment specifies protection to media lies?

It isn't in my copy.

I do believe a Fox affiliate won a lawsuit over lying to the public did they not? Lies are covered under the 1st Amendment or do you not consider them speech?

I just don't consider the media as honest, trustworthy, factual, reliable.

But Trump and his toadies are? Give me a break! Let me introduce you to Mr Checks and Mrs Balances!

edit on 12-5-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: Kali74

But OP-Ed news is all we get now, right? As far as CNN, I know you are smarter than that. They did not want to televise so they could spin it how they wanted it....c'mon now....

The facts are still facts. I generally watch the press briefings and later coverage of said briefings, I don't see any lying. If I'm watching network news it tends to be emotionless, CNN pretty emotionless, MSNBC is more like the opposite of FOX, factual but with spin, opinion and emotions.

All in all though, I haven't seen nor read one instance of anyone changing what was said in a briefing.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

But Trump and his toadies are? Give me a break! Let me introduce you to Mr Checks and Mrs Balances!

Never said they were.

edit on 12-5-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: DBCowboy

I love it. I also love where I hear he is not doing things the way politicians should.
I mean, the media is making # up now so why not. Have a press secretary walk out, hand out a brief and leave.

I love it too.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I don't think they should stop the press briefings, but what should happen is get better reporter on the floor. Ben Stein (or Stain, I'm not sure which Mandela I'm in half the time) stated over the weekend that this Press is incredibly harsh on everything President Trump does. He even noted that Nixon didn't get treated like this.

Examples:
Trump states that a Naval Armada has been sent to North Korea. The Chinese and Russians both complain about the fleet being to close for comfort, and are worried about the aggressive stance the US has made. These statements were made after President Trump had talked to both the Chinese and Russians. The Chinese and Russian slant on this event made it clear that the US Naval Fleet was in fact near North Korea. As a result of this Lil'Kim backs off his stance of wanting to detonate another Nuc.

It then becomes clear that the US Fleet isn't anywhere near North Korea. Suddenly President Trump is a buffoon, liar, and completely incompetent since he didn't know where the US Naval Fleet was. Nobody takes any notice that both China and Russia basically confirmed the location of the Fleet that wasn't there.

So the President bluffs North Korea with the help of China and Russia. North Korea backs off the big boy talk, and the world learns that North Korean Intelligent services can't even figure out if Fleet of ships is off its coast or not. Successful bluff even though the media calls Trump an idiot.

Next is this whole issue of the wire tapping of his offices during the elections. The media had their own inside sources that had stated this, but as soon as Trump says this, then he's lying. There is evidence to back up the claim of wire tapping, but nope nothing to see here because the media says so? Really? Same goes for the whole Russian/Trump collusion thing. Everyone in the know has stated that there is no evidence that shows Trump had colluded with the Russians, but hey since the media keeps chatting about it must be true? Right?

Lastly is this thing about the Comey firing. It had to do with the Clinton e-mail investigation, and everyone is so quick to jump on the Trump is a grandstanding idiot, but while this is taking place we find out about some classified Clinton emails regarding phone calls made by Obama to Egyptian and Libyan leaders immediately following the terrorist attack on the U.S. mission in Benghazi. So wow, I guess "Russia" huh?

It seems to me that the issue here is that we don't have real "Investigative Reporter" and real "Journalists" anymore. Instead we all get to watch TV personalities yap about the "news" without even looking into the facts.

***SIDE NOTE***

Before anyone goes off on this, let me say this:
"Why is it the you all (yes you guys and gals of ATS) can within minutes to hours find out more of what's going on with breaking news that the new agencies themselves?"

"When has "Citizen Journalists" become the most trusted name in news?"

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Are people actually defending the MSM?

When did the media become the bastion of truth and impartiality?

I think I missed the memo.

So because the MSM lies or is wrong from time to time that means we should shut down all transparency into the government and have no accounting for the government's actions all because Trump is upset that the media says mean things about him?

Why are you defending an obviously biased media-?

Nevermind.

Forgot who I was talking to.

1st Amendment. Ever heard of it?

Yeah. Can you show me where the 1st Amendment specifies protection to media lies?

It isn't in my copy.

I do believe a Fox affiliate won a lawsuit over lying to the public did they not? Lies are covered under the 1st Amendment or do you not consider them speech?

I just don't consider the media as honest, trustworthy, factual, reliable.

Who cares? The 1st Amendment certainly doesn't.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:14 PM
link   

"I support less transparency in government because I don't want Trump's feelings hurt", Matafuchs
edit on 12-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Good.. waste of time anyway. He needs to give monthly or biweekly "state of the union" appearances though. There has to be some access to the state of the country and direction this president is taking it.. Id just prefer not to hear it filtered through media morons. Id like to hear it straight from the horses mouth.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: 123143

Yeah..he's the President...and of a COUNTRY. And that country requires and deserves transparency...and deserves to be allowed to question in person.

Sorry...this isnt North Korea or Communist China...but he's heading us there....watch. Just dont question...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Oh god.

He's going to make us all get haircuts like him too, isn't he.

I knew it.

edit on 12-5-2017 by DBCowboy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Yeah..he's the President...and of a COUNTRY. And that country requires and deserves transparency...and deserves to be allowed to question in person.

Sorry...this isnt North Korea or Communist China...but he's heading us there....watch. Just dont question...

Did you see the interview with Holt? He tried to answer questions and was repeatedly interrupted.

How the f*** do you expect transparency if the media will not let him speak?

Don't like the man? Fine, but respect the office.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

-snip-

That sounds familiar.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

originally posted by: mysterioustranger

Did you see the interview with Holt? He tried to answer questions and was repeatedly interrupted.

How the f*** do you expect transparency if the media will not let him speak?

Bull#! After the crap that Obama put up with for 8 years, I cannot believe you people have the gall to support Trump reducing transparency in government because the media is mean to him! This is pure partisan politics and you people are celebrating making our government more corrupt, or at least making it easier to be corrupt.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Obama put up with? WHAT?$%$%$% everyone on the planet kissed his ass. He won the Nobel Peace Prize in 09 (for what I still have no F'n idea) and droned a US citizen a few years later. How many people know about that? I would think it would be lead news for weeks and was not. Trump does not part his hair correctly and it is lead story for 3 days on every news outlet but Fox. Fast and the Furious...Benghazi...all right wing conspiracy right????

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

So, like the media, you take words and twist them? Where the hell did I say that? You cannot even do what Trump is asking and that is correct reporting of words written not spoken. You get your stars from the others that do not research but blindly follow a liar.

You proved you are no better than the assholes in the press corp. Thank you so much for proving my OP true.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The way I see it? Donald Trump is a problem solver. He is solving a multitude of problems our country has had for the last several years and the process looks messy.

The media asks questions at the press briefings. They are answered. The press then proceeds to report them with all kinds of embellishments and personal opinions thrown in.

Write down your questions or post them on a private web page set up just for that, and they will get answered daily by White House Communications and posted publicly for all of us to see the real response.

Problem solved.

Most people don't have time to watch the WH press briefings. People work, come home, eat dinner, and turn on the nightly news for the regurgitated and distorted version of the answers. This way, they can go to the website and see for themselves what the REAL responses to the questions were.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Where is there no transparency? They are not closing the doors. They are changing the way information is relayed.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

How about when the media reported that Spicer was hiding in the bushes and did not want to hold a presser?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

They are changing the way information is relayed.

State sponsored media. Only positive media concerning the Trump administration is authentic and approved news.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join