It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky
a reply to: DBCowboy

Throttling them all is an idea that promises more problems than solutions.

The mental image of throttling the media made me smile.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Are people actually defending the MSM?

When did the media become the bastion of truth and impartiality?

I think I missed the memo.

So because the MSM lies or is wrong from time to time that means we should shut down all transparency into the government and have no accounting for the government's actions all because Trump is upset that the media says mean things about him?

Why are you defending an obviously biased media-?

Nevermind.

Forgot who I was talking to.

1st Amendment. Ever heard of it?

Yeah. Can you show me where the 1st Amendment specifies protection to media lies?

It isn't in my copy.

I do believe a Fox affiliate won a lawsuit over lying to the public did they not? Lies are covered under the 1st Amendment or do you not consider them speech?

I just don't consider the media as honest, trustworthy, factual, reliable.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Keeping the publics attention focused on anti russian rhetoric has everything to do with they oppose the US military in Syria, The Baltic states, Black Sea, Crimea, Ukraine, etc.

Anything but the truth...
edit on 12-5-2017 by intrptr because: spelling

link   

originally posted by: Konduit
The MSM has no credibility left, we get more honest reporting from Alex Jones.

link   
The liberal press has been asking for this kind of action from the White House with their inabilities to report the truth and not theirs view of what they think the truth is.

This kind of inabilities of the press didn't just start when Trump was running for president / elected, it started sometime before all of us was born.

Good for Trump and his approach to handling the corrupt and masterminds of misinformation called the MSM.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Please show us media lying about press briefings.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Child: "I want a pet!"

Adult: "OK, but you have to care for it. It's a big responsibility."

Child: "I will!"

Adult gets the child a puppy. For two months the child cares for the puppy. Then the child stops feeding it, pulls its tail, and beats it for no reason. Adult takes the puppy away and gives it to someone else.

Child: "You lied to me! I want my puppy back! You can't do this!"

Now replace 'adult' with 'Trump,' 'child' with 'MSM,' and puppy with 'daily press briefings.'

This was a warning to the press, nothing more. Stop the over-politicizing or I'll stop giving you ammunition to politicize. Not a good move; not a bad move. A necessary move.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

I have always worked under the assumption the media is slanted according to the politics of whoever owns them.

I think that's spot on mate , hardly surprising Rupert Murdoch's Fox is Trumps favourite news provider , I wonder the influence he wields in the administration.

link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Again, the POTUS is not shutting down the press. But many past presidents went months without talking to them.

Presidents have taken questions from reporters on average every 15 days during the past three administrations, according to a recent NPR analysis of American Presidency Project data, while the "unofficial White House statistician" Mark Knoller of CBS News says the longest President George W. Bush went without talking to the press was 82 days. For President Obama, the number rose slightly to 86.

Trump has been saying since December he wanted to change the way information is given to the people to make sure it is the truth.

The I hated the media before Trump came along by the way. He just has the balls to call them out, he did, they are trying their hardest and have been since June 25th 2015 to get him and still cannot. Where are all those rape victims? How about when Lewandowski Slammed the woman to the ground? How many more bs pieces to be written by the media? How many more Trump hates gays and blacks articles should there be when they are false?

Its cool, you hate him and I am not here to try to change your mind what he is doing is smart and not hindering the media to report what he does in any way possible.

link   

Newspapers have always been dominated by opinion within the reporting. It's almost a myth that we have ever had straight-up non-biased reporting. It's why we can all say Left/Middle/Right in relation to any news sites or newspapers.

God help me for saying this...we should appreciate the diversity and the detritus. There will always be some factually accurate reporting amongst the garbage and bias. We have to look for it, but most importantly know what it is when we see it.

You run a decent thread and I like your style

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Exactly. We've grown up in a country where one tabloid affected a national election. Our main newspapers are owned by massive magnates and have always promoted their own self-interests.

I think America is only lately realising the extent of editorial bias in their media and who owns it.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Exactly. We've grown up in a country where one tabloid affected a national election. Our main newspapers are owned by massive magnates and have always promoted their own self-interests.

I think America is only lately realising the extent of editorial bias in their media and who owns it.

The Jews...right?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Sorry Kali the list is too loooooong to post. I will use one though...remember, we are looking for facts no opinion. This is from a Slate article regarding the second press conference

Donald Trump’s press secretary kept the media waiting for more than an hour today, and then when Sean Spicer finally deigned to appear for his first White House press briefing, he proceeded to hector reporters, tell demonstrable lies, and all but fire himself out of a cannon in the general direction of the press corps. On Day 2 of the Trump presidency, a screeching red-eyed man declared war on the media and reality itself.

Spicer even put the press on notice that day

Spicer went on to put the press on notice: “There’s been a lot of talk in the media about the responsibility to hold Donald Trump accountable. And I’m here to tell you it goes two ways. We’re going to hold the press accountable as well.” Then the new press secretary made a point that should have every White House reporter wondering whether he or she shouldn’t start boycotting these types of briefings during the Trump administration: “As long as he serves as the messenger for this incredible movement he will take his message directly to the American people.” CNN seemed to suspect something was amiss and made the decision not to air the press briefing live. “The decision was to monitor the statement & then report on it,” CNN’s Brian Stelter wrote on Twitter.

and CNN would not carry it because they wanted to 'monitor the statement and then report on it"....here is the tweet

Link

So since Day 2 the media has not reported what is in the press conferences...they were scared to televise what could be the truth and could not twist it. A sad day in any country.
edit on 05pm31pmf0000002017-05-12T12:28:19-05:001219 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

a reply to: DBCowboy

Throttling them all is an idea that promises more problems than solutions.

The mental image of throttling the media made me smile.

So tempting! It'd be more fun smacking them on their noses with a rolled-up copy* of their own publications

* containing a brick?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

The Jews...right?

WTF? I meant media owners who dictate editorial content. They come in all colours, nationalities and religions.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: Martin75

The Kim dynasty did and it seems to have worked for them.

" In today's news , President Trump did great things and made great deals ... film at 11"

Looks awfully a lot like NBC, but with someone easier on the eyes than Rachel Maddow.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Slate is an OP-Ed site not MSM.

CNN not airing a briefing is not lying.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

as much as i disagree with our current president's politics, i must say, main stream news is pretty darn sensationalized. how many threads on ATS have focused on misleading, exaggerated, or stories worded in a way to force a response favorable to the writer's view?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LockNLoad

It appears that the only one crying is Trump.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

But OP-Ed news is all we get now, right? As far as CNN, I know you are smarter than that. They did not want to televise so they could spin it how they wanted it....c'mon now....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join