It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75
a reply to: Krazysh0t
Seeing as you can't get the news to report anything that is actually happening now.

You mean we are removing what CNN wants us to see.

I would agree with you 100% if they were reporting the truth but they aren't

I can't? I read the news this morning and got a heads up on what's happening recently. Sounds like a personal problem of yours. I LOVE your hypocritical support of state sponsored propaganda though. It's so hilarious that you think it is ok as long as your partisan side is in charge of the government. Really hits home how insincere all of y'all's conspiracy theory rhetoric has been.
edit on 12-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Are people actually defending the MSM?

When did the media become the bastion of truth and impartiality?

I think I missed the memo.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: olaru12

See, this is what I am talking about.

See, this is what I am talking about.....

www.politifact.com...

This is Politifact; 'Sure Trump is factually correct, but he's still wrong because we don't like him.'

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So because the MSM lies or is wrong from time to time that means we should shut down all transparency into the government and have no accounting for the government's actions all because Trump is upset that the media says mean things about him?

What's next, should we get rid of FOIA requests next because they may show that Trump is wrong on things?
edit on 12-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Do you not f'n get that the state sponsored media are the one against Trump? How dense are you man? For the past 20 years we have been spoonfed bs by our media and government and when it was called out people were called conspiracy theorists. Now that ALL of the government surveillance and control comes out with this Administration everyone turns their back and says It is all Trump whining.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So because the MSM lies or is wrong from time to time that means we should shut down all transparency into the government and have no accounting for the government's actions all because Trump is upset that the media says mean things about him?

Why are you defending an obviously biased media-?

Nevermind.

Forgot who I was talking to.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Yes, the Krazy ones are....

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I'm not going anti-Trump here.

He said he might cease press briefings and have written handouts instead. It's not a good route to take unless you want the broader Press removed from the front line of politics. Like it or not, the media is the only way to hear what goes on in Washington.

Yes, he could do interviews with selected outlets and you'd run the risk of soft-ball interviews. One-sided narratives and a Press corps denied access to the 'Leader of the Free World' isn't a good look.

Let's not even think of Trump for a minute. Imagine a world leader who refuses to speak to the Press unless they only write favourably or by repetition? There's a short stack over on the Korean Peninsula who runs like that. Yes indeed, it's great for the world leader and not so great for any of his/her population who like to have an informed take on what their elected leader is thinking, saying and doing.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Do you not f'n get that the state sponsored media are the one against Trump?

Lol. How can the state, that Trump is in charge of, be sponsoring antagonistic media against Trump? Your silliness doesn't even make sense anymore. Plus it ignores the fact that conservative media exists as well.

How dense are you man? For the past 20 years we have been spoonfed bs by our media and government and when it was called out people were called conspiracy theorists. Now that ALL of the government surveillance and control comes out with this Administration everyone turns their back and says It is all Trump whining.

"Blah blah blah, I support less transparency in government because Trump doesn't need to be held accountable for his words." That's all I hear from you.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Nevermind.

1st Amendment. Ever heard of it?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Please show us where Trump or the White House said it will not continue to talk to the media? If that is the case, yes, transparency is out the window but that is not the case here.

Imagine if where you work, every time you did something, a person creating a total opposite story that made you look bad even if you did a good job would tell your boss?

Trump works for us as citizens not the media. I would be find with a daily Press Release to read. Then, if the media wants to, they can dissect it but it would be there for everyone to see. Why is this NOT a good idea? Because Trump is implementing it?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Good point.

But isn't that working under the assumption that the media will tell the truth to begin with?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Where in the first amendment does it say a President has to hold press conferences?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Nevermind.

Yeah. Can you show me where the 1st Amendment specifies protection to media lies?

It isn't in my copy.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:05 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I've learned that politics is meant to separate the people and its worked keep feeding the beast

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Martin75

The Kim dynasty did and it seems to have worked for them.

" In today's news , President Trump did great things and made great deals ... film at 11"

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Please show us where Trump or the White House said it will not continue to talk to the media? If that is the case, yes, transparency is out the window but that is not the case here.

It's your OP. You already showed they may not hold brieings. Why do I have to prove something you already demonstrated? Do you not believe your own OP because I said it or something?

Imagine if where you work, every time you did something, a person creating a total opposite story that made you look bad even if you did a good job would tell your boss?

Trump works for us as citizens not the media. I would be find with a daily Press Release to read. Then, if the media wants to, they can dissect it but it would be there for everyone to see. Why is this NOT a good idea? Because Trump is implementing it?

Imagine if you will that transparency means that you don't worry about is being said about you, you just put the info out. Trump is trying to propagandize the media and you are celebrating it. That's all I see here. Everything you say here just reinforces that idea.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I have always worked under the assumption the media is slanted according to the politics of whoever owns them.

Throttling them all is an idea that promises more problems than solutions.

link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

Again, I see your point but there is reporting and there are opinion pieces. Right now I do not see reporting of the WH press conferences. I see opinions on what was said. Why can there not be both? That is what used to spark conversation in people. They would read the 'news' and then the opinions of a few Editorial writers and it would make you see both sides many times.

To me it always allowed myself to see all sides of an argument and from that make up my mind. Not have my mind set based on predisposed views.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Nevermind.

Yeah. Can you show me where the 1st Amendment specifies protection to media lies?

It isn't in my copy.

I do believe a Fox affiliate won a lawsuit over lying to the public did they not? Lies are covered under the 1st Amendment or do you not consider them speech?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join