It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Are any of you old enough to know how the media used to work? There were reporters. They reported what was said. Not opinion pieces. Those are called Editorials.

To say that Trump is afraid is also hysterical. Say what you want, but he beat the MSM, the DNC and the RNC and gave them the big finger by not playing by the rules of Washington. Those rules have gotten us to where we are today as a country which is in the #ter. Welfare and Unemployment at all time highs but the last admin was more concerned about bathrooms for transsexuals.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Exactly. This is a way to make them report the truth which is their job.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:33 AM
link   
It's sad that we have a president that spends this much time complaining.

Quit being a man-child and do your job.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I remember, and the opinion "news" craze really reached stride when CNN (the Clinton News Network) came on the market.

Now most "news" outlets are nothing but opinion "news" because that's what brings in the money.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Multitasking used to be looked at as an admirable skill, has this changed???

2nd

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   

All White House spokespersons spent the last two days stating that Trump firing Comey had nothing to do with the Russia investigation, that Trump was just following the advice of the DAG and AG and that Comey had lost the confidence of the rank and file.

Trump himself blew the two day narrative in his interview with Lester Holt last night. Now he's trying to blame the media for inaccuracy? That's a toddler level tantrum.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

And the Trump supporters show they are A-OK with Trump removing more transparency from government.

link   

He is doing his job. The media is not doing theirs and reporting it.

link   

It's a great way to side-step dialogue and control the narrative. Not always a bad thing and Trump supporters will call it a master stroke.

Another way of looking at it is to think of how many politicians and Presidents have been caught in their dishonesty by the media. Clinton's '"I did not have sexual relations with that woman." Then the notorious, "Read my lips. No new taxes," by GH Bush. Nixon's legendary, "You've got to believe I'm innocent. If you don't, take my job."

Do you know what I mean there? None of these foot-in-mouth statements would have happened without speaking to the Press. There would have been typed out letters written by a table of lawyers. It's like pre-whitewashing everything.

A leader who speaks to their nation via tightly prepared press releases isn't speaking to their nation at all. If anything, facing the Press can have the benefit of encouraging more honesty in politicians.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Are any of you old enough to know how the media used to work? There were reporters. They reported what was said. Not opinion pieces. Those are called Editorials.

To say that Trump is afraid is also hysterical. Say what you want, but he beat the MSM, the DNC and the RNC and gave them the big finger by not playing by the rules of Washington. Those rules have gotten us to where we are today as a country which is in the #ter. Welfare and Unemployment at all time highs but the last admin was more concerned about bathrooms for transsexuals.

He sounds scared to me. Why is it so important to Trump what the media says about him? If he was actually accurate and didn't lie for a change then he'd have nothing to worry about.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, I am ok with him giving the media the finger and not telling them the cannot report on him but putting facts on paper that can be referenced if needed to report on the actions of the White House. Did any of you know about all the EO's he is writing? Those who watch the media do not not the state of the economy.

This qualifies as political news? link

The media SUCKS and it is time to call them out on it.

link   

originally posted by: LockNLoad

Multitasking used to be looked at as an admirable skill, has this changed???

2nd

Being a whiny bitch has never been an admirable trait.

link   

originally posted by: imitator
The Trump White House should create it's own news show/channel etc. and call it, The Briefing Room.

Have it play 24hrs a day on sat and cable. The liberal media has gone to far for me to watch for information, nowadays I rather hear it from the horse's mouth.

I LOVE this idea!!!! If the press won't report the real news then start your own channel. I would love to see the press scramble then.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   

He is doing his job. The media is not doing theirs and reporting it.

Wah, wah...cry me a river.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Kandinsky

But who had more press conferences than ANY other candidate and continues to do interviews? Trump. I understand your train of thought but it is not like he is saying no news will come out of the White House. It will just be able to be verified for ANYONE to take a look. Like a White House Politifact....right? What is wrong with that?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:50 AM
link   

No, I am ok with him giving the media the finger and not telling them the cannot report on him but putting facts on paper that can be referenced if needed to report on the actions of the White House. Did any of you know about all the EO's he is writing? Those who watch the media do not not the state of the economy.

This qualifies as political news? link

The media SUCKS and it is time to call them out on it.

Hey man spin it how you want, but basically you are celebrating the removal of transparency from government.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Martin75

originally posted by: imitator
The Trump White House should create it's own news show/channel etc. and call it, The Briefing Room.

Have it play 24hrs a day on sat and cable. The liberal media has gone to far for me to watch for information, nowadays I rather hear it from the horse's mouth.

I LOVE this idea!!!! If the press won't report the real news then start your own channel. I would love to see the press scramble then.

So state sponsored propaganda then? Ok... Am I still on ATS?

link   
Seeing as you can't get the news to report anything that is actually happening now.

You mean we are removing what CNN wants us to see.

I would agree with you 100% if they were reporting the truth but they aren't

link   

LOL Pot ... Kettle

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
The MSM has no credibility left, we get more honest reporting from Alex Jones.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join