It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No More Daily Press Briefings with Trump as President?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+12 more 
posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Link

His tweet....

...Maybe the best thing to do would be to cancel all future "press briefings" and hand out written responses for the sake of accuracy???

Why not? I mean, the media does not report anything correctly anyways right now. A lead story about who has one scoop of ice cream or two at a dinner with the POTUS was the hot news yesterday but not a peep about the new Executive Order regarding Cyber Security. It seems the medias priorities are in line with what TPTB at the DNC And RNC want but it is fluff or Trump hate. That is it.

This is a line in the USA Today I linked to and a perfect example of what Trump means.

His tweet "When James Clapper himself, and virtually everyone else with knowledge of the witch hunt, says there is no collusion, when does it end?"

Clapper has said the intelligence community’s report on Russian hacking, which he oversaw, did not include any any evidence of collusion. Clapper also said he was unaware of the ongoing FBI investigation itself until Comey disclosed it publicly in March. But that's not the same thing as saying, definitively, that no collusion took place.

So Clapper says the report said no collusion but the 'media' keeps saying there is. It gets ratings. There are tons of other examples. Reporting that the White House Press Secretary is hiding in bushes...etc...etc...it is childish.

No reporting on the economy, jobs or how the country is moving forward. This may be a way to end the constant hate.

edit on 05am31amf0000002017-05-12T10:54:33-05:001033 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

It's an interesting issue.

The White House isn't saying that the press can't report, they are saying that they just might stop talking to the press.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I love it. I also love where I hear he is not doing things the way politicians should.
I mean, the media is making # up now so why not. Have a press secretary walk out, hand out a brief and leave.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

It's an interesting issue.

The White House isn't saying that the press can't report, they are saying that they just might stop talking to the press.

I think that would be wise until the Administration makes a commitment to the truth.

+5 more 
posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I think it's a great decision to snip the media's testicles.

He's the President. He shouldn't have to put up with what's going on. Look what Lester Holt did to him, constantly interrupting him. Trump should have bitchslapped him.

The Left seems to be mentally ill as a group. They are hysterical, illogical, and violent as a group, completely beside themselves in their powerlessness to control what has happened and its consequences.

I confess their downward spiral has been fascinating to watch. The psychology is amazing.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Why not?

Democratic accountability , you can't question a press briefing.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   

So he's gonna get a team of people to write stuff for him and then just sign it. Instead of speaking for himself, which he can't do well.
Sorry, but that's a weak leader.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Nowhere does it say they have to hold press conferences.
Consider it a privilege.

Now, the people and press should hold the POTUS accountable, and every politician accordingly. That is their civic duty.

Does it happen with all truths and decency? Lately? Not at all.

Seems MSM are just out to cry until someone gets their way.
Like spoiled children who didn't get their candybar.

Checks and balances, people.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

See, this is what I am talking about.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

No, instead of someone speaking and the media twisting a release should be done and that is what the media can 'report' on. Then, when the media lies, it is easy to show. Words can be 'twisted' to easily these days. That is not weak...it is smart.
edit on 05am31amf0000002017-05-12T11:18:42-05:001142 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs

See, this is what I am talking about.....

www.politifact.com...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

To expand on your post...

How many times has MSM cut and snipped their video feeds to fit an agenda? How many times has someone's speech been snipped to fit the agenda of those who wish to see them fail? Even havung "journalists" rolling their eyes as people speak to them. Nice and professional.

Too many to even count.
It's atrocious and needs to stop.

So maybe having press releases will help curb some of it.
That way, the official release will be known and can't be edited.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

a reply to: strongfp

No, instead of someone speaking and the media twisting a release should be done and that is what the media can 'report' on. Then, when the media lies, it is easy to show. Words can be 'twisted' to easily these days.

Then broadcast each meeting. So you can watch for yourself. Not that hard. If the media is there asking questions, and he can't answer them or starts bumbling all over the place, then it's not fake news or dishonest media, it's just poor communication skills or he's lying or trying to twist truth. That's a poor leadership quality.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   
He can't handle the 'crooked' press as he calls them, I guess he is already tired of winning..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I think he should do exactly what he has been doing, and just let the media implode. The more the media spins out of control and the more the "progressive" leftist 'Reeeeee' about Trump, the more they insure the death of the regressive left.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   
They should be once a week, and President Trump himself should do the "briefing". Loved his last one!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

See, this is what I am talking about.....

www.politifact.com...

So you're considering Trump's Tweets press briefings?

And, I'm assuming you think the press should get a pass for spin?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The Trump White House should create it's own news show/channel etc. and call it, The Briefing Room.

Have it play 24hrs a day on sat and cable. The liberal media has gone to far for me to watch for information, nowadays I rather hear it from the horse's mouth.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Oh please, all of those are bull#. Did you read any? It is opinion not fact.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I think daily WRITTEN press releases is an excellent idea.

Too many times reporters in the press briefings and interviews ask loaded questions then twist the responses as if they asked a different question than they really asked.

It would also prevent those conducting the press briefings from answering questions that they do not know the actual answers to. They seem to do that recently.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join