It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study - Transgender myth exposed - a mental disorder.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   
a reply to: iTruthSeeker

We understand your point. Making babies or trying to make parts fit has nothing to do with the topic. Just because people's parts don't fit or can't make babies doesn't mean it's a mental illness.

Well I think it is. And the stats and suicide rates and the % of people regretting their decision afterwards should show that "something" is not right upstairs.

There are many who "aren't right upstairs" and they are not transgender.

The very hardest thing I had to deal with was the comments and judgement from other people.

The only confusion is why so many people make a big deal out of it.

I like who I am, how many of you can say that? To this day I have to deal with the judgement of other people if they find out I was born male. I've lost many friends and a sister, for what? Because I choose to dress differently than my gender states?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Harmony666

I'm not good at this yet.

The first two paragraphs are quotes

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Well, its more a neurological disorder.
And why "cure" it?

Because that's what we do. What's the point of spending million of dollars to find out what causes it if we're not going to try to fix it or prevent it?

The prime suspect, as far as a cause goes, takes place during fetal development. I would imagine most parents would rather (if need be) adjust the sex or brain chemistry of the child while still in the womb and forgo all of the suicide attempts and scissors and stuff.

Wouldn't you?

hmm

eu·gen·ics
yo͞oˈjeniks/Submit
noun
the science of improving a human population by controlled breeding to increase the occurrence of desirable heritable characteristics. Developed largely by Francis Galton as a method of improving the human race, it fell into disfavor only after the perversion of its doctrines by the Nazis.

Just so you are aware fully of what you sound like.

I wonder if there is a way to find and eliminate conservative mindsets in fetuses...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: Abysha

a reply to: Abysha

Im happy that you worked out your problems, my comment was not aimed at you or your personal experience .

My comments are aimed at those who think the psychiatrist is not qualified to deal with the topic being discussed.

But a psychiatrist did deal with it. And recommended transition. And now I'm happy.

What?

I think he is discussing how some shrink wrote the paper that is the topic of this thread who said trans people are just crazy people who need psychiatrists (the kind like him..that will most likely just use electroshock therapy until you say you like football or something)

Way to jump to conclusions.

Let's try again....

A psychiatrist is far more qualified to have an opinion on the matter than pretty much anyone else.

But yeah keep up with petty insults and thinking you know it all.

If you determine it to be a mental health issue, then yes
would you see a psyche doctor to deal with cancer?
no..you wouldn't.
gender dysphoria is a physical condition. the manifestations are appropriating cultural and physical norms of the opposite gender.
the manifestations are not the problem, they are symptoms.
head docs deal with problems
they are out of their league.

Actually no the psychiatrist has done a medical degree and a psychol

A psychiatrist is a physician who specializes in psychiatry, the branch of medicine devoted to the diagnosis, prevention, study, and treatment of mental disorders. Psychiatrists are medical doctors, unlike psychologists, and must evaluate patients to determine whether their symptoms are the result of a physical illness, a combination of physical and mental ailments, or strictly psychiatric.

wiki

Yeah, I am gonna go with the medical physical science here verses the psychological (of which the traditional stance of conservatives is to ignore everything from the psychiatric fields considering it is almost 100% against their stances socially).
Here is the thing. the science shows fully that there is a physical element
This quack is saying it is mental
he is therefore ignoring the physical aspects
he is a fruit loop..a full blown quack who should have his license revoked for being basically a flat earther because its in the bible
Fully dismissable. I would trust a stray cat's opinion moreso than this idiot..and I do mean idiot..who is using his degree to specifically ignore the plethora of physical differences in order to push his political view
Eff that guy in all the holes
have fun though.
ktksbie

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
And as I have said before, I really have nothing against Trans people at all. But I do believe it is a mental illness. It is like trying to plug in an electrical appliance by connect male to male ends, it does not work! It's just nature.

If your argument can be destroyed with a pic of something you can find at Radio Shack, you should probably stop trying to explain biology with # you find at Radio Shack.

Oh you know what I meant... But ok, what would two men need to make a baby?

A surrogate. My daughter's friend's mother is doing this for a gay couple in the UK. They van even use both their DNA (that blew my mind, yay science).

Or... Maybe it's a stupid question? Most people don't have sex to make babies or even want one.

This is pure perversion..... a female mother surrogate for a gay couple and many here think that is OK?

So here is my example..... my ex daughter-in-law has 50% custody of my grandson who is 6 years old. He has no religious education....none. Actually his mother is an atheist. For approx one year my exdaughter-in-law decided she was gay and now has a releationship but hides it from her son BUT her son has come to me and to his father and asked why is mommy kissing another woman and starts crying...he then ON HIS OWN says. "This is not right two mommies kissing like that".

An innocent 6 year old boy AND I SWEAR that I have not nor has this child had any religious education at all AND he alone knew this was not right. He went on with how mommy now sleeps in the same bed with this woman and hears noises and he knows what they are doing....and then he starts to cry again...it broke my heart and tears ran down my face.

So... what did his father and I tell the child.....right? We told him he was right. It is NOT natural for two people of the same sex to be doing this.

Now the child wants to live 100% with his father....

So I do have experience observing FIRST HAND..... the trauma from a 6 year old boy due to being exposed to homosexuality. And I do mean trauma ..... he talks about it all the time.....my son will be talking to his ex about this and see if they can reach some sort of agreement.

edit on 13-5-2017 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

So, let me get this right, you are saying that one single person's opinion, when it supports your own, is the be all and end all of science and experience and psychology?
That seems obvious, and not uncommon on the site that 'denies other people's ignorance', and supports our own through any means possible.

Shall we wait for a few days for responses from the rest of the scientific community regarding Mr. Hateful's opinions?
Perhaps they will be carrying him on their shoulders.
Whaddaya think?

Haters are the 'perversion'!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: namelesss

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

So, let me get this right, you are saying that one single person's opinion, when it supports your own, is the be all and end all of science and experience and psychology?
That seems obvious, and not uncommon on the site that 'denies other people's ignorance', and supports our own through any means possible.

Shall we wait for a few days for responses from the rest of the scientific community regarding Mr. Hateful's opinions?
Perhaps they will be carrying him on their shoulders.
Whaddaya think?

Haters are the 'perversion'!

No, one persons opinion (and over 100 peers who agree) is not the be all and end all, however it is still an expert opinion that carries weight. The fact you call him Mr Hateful because you disagree with him means you are guilty of your own complaint. Perhaps you should eat your own dog food.
edit on 13/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous
Have you guys heard of "Body Integrity Identity Disorder"/

en.wikipedia.org...

It's where a person feels a need to amputate a limb, because somehow they don't feel psychologically like the limb belongs there. Many of them follow through and amputate.

I imagine that the feeling is kind of like how you might feel if you had a third arm. Only one of these people might feel that way about having two arms.

Anyway, I just thought I'd throw this into the mix. See how it affects the discussion about people who similarly feel their body is anatomically the wrong gender.

I suspect we would find that both disorders have the same cause.

Perhaps they too should have their own bathroom.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 04:05 AM
link   
The brain is very complicated, and birth defects are probably more common on the inside as those visible on the outside.

In my experience, most people with disabilities take pride in taking care of themselves to their full extent and not putting their burden on others.

I guess that's becoming old fashioned.
edit on 13-5-2017 by AutonomousMeatPuppet because: I just love editing

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Maybe transgenders, i.e., people with psychological issues have been around for some time

But "transgender mania" in the media is a new thing.

Interesting how a couple of decades ago, transgenders were perceived as loonies or psychos . example, the serial killer in "silence of the lambs" was a transgender who thought he was a woman and skinned women and wore their skins to "feel" like a woman. That's how they were seen - unstable and deranged

Today transgenderism is celebrated by the media. If you think there's something wrong with transgender you get called an evil bigot.

edit on 13-5-2017 by firefromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: SeaYote

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: SeaYote

That is a nice hippie sentiment, but your body and your clothes are two different things, no? In the real world it matters what your body looks like. Try going out dressed like the opposite gender from what you are, you might find that there's more to being a man or woman than clothes."

"Nice hippie sentiment" is rather dismissive of you. Your body, NOT your clothes, is exactly the point - not being comfortable in your own skin. I have compassion for how that feels; you have no idea of the range of experience I have and who I have known and loved with varying degrees of self discomfort...People I've known who went through the whole gender transition surgery and were still miserable, and were left with major lifelong health issues from the hormones and medical procedures.

I say again, no amount of surgery is going to make anyone "perfect" --- At the end of the day, you have to come to terms with whatever body you're walking around in.

We'd have a far healthier world if our culture would teach us to embrace the gifts we are born with rather than the constant bombardment of messages that we are inadequately endowed, too fat, too skinny, not sexy enough, not feminine enough, not masculine enough...blah blah blah.

The body you are born into is a gift - that's not some hippie dippy thing.

Sorry for sounding dismissive. I was already tipsy when I wrote it and when I am I get reckless.

I feel like trans people have been dealt a crappy hand though, so it's no wonder they suffer from alcoholism and depression a lot, among other things. Even if the surgery goes well it is still far from perfect, and it doesn't remove all the baggage from before. So I can see a person still having issues. I wouldn't say the surgery causes that. And sadly there are also people who do it and find it was the wrong decision, like you describe. I'm not that familiar with the trans community, but I imagine that might be a taboo for many to speak of, so I understand your point of view.

So yeah, surgery won't make you perfect. But there's can come a point when the benefits outweigh the harm. Imagine someone born with birth defect of their face, for example. Will you tell it is a precious gift, because that is how nature made them?

I kind of don't agree about the body being a gift, but would be some sort of philosophical debate. Of course you are right that we have skewed ideals that make people suffer. You're very right about that!

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove
Maybe transgenders, i.e., people with psychological issues have been around for some time

But "transgender mania" in the media is a new thing.

Interesting how a couple of decades ago, transgenders were perceived as loonies or psychos . example, the serial killer in "silence of the lambs" was a transgender who thought he was a woman and skinned women and wore their skins to "feel" like a woman. That's how they were seen - unstable and deranged

Today transgenderism is celebrated by the media. If you think there's something wrong with transgender you get called an evil bigot.

"Transgender mania" is good way of putting it. There should be no celebration and no condemnation/vilification.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
McHugh is discredited as a far right-wing religious nut.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Isn't that what the left does to anyone who doesn't bow to their opinions? Discredit, attack, obstruct, impeach, etc.? Personally...I would wear that as a badge of honor.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I do find it interesting that when a person says they are a "woman" but are obviously a "man", that is called trans-gendered and the correction is to modify the body to match what the brain believes.

But every other time that the brain tells it's owner they are a goat, Napoleon, an Alien, etc...we help to correct the mind because it is obviously confused.

Considering that...and the suicide rate of those who have "converted" to appear to be of the opposite sex, I believe it must be a mental issue, brain issue, chemical issue, etc. otherwise the conversion should solve the problem. Apparently it doesn't and we allow these poor people to mutilate their bodies and still die confused and depressed.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

eu·gen·ics
yo͞oˈjeniks/Submit
noun
the science of improving a human population by controlled breeding to increase the occurrence of desirable heritable characteristics. Developed largely by Francis Galton as a method of improving the human race, it fell into disfavor only after the perversion of its doctrines by the Nazis.

Just so you are aware fully of what you sound like.

I wonder if there is a way to find and eliminate conservative mindsets in fetuses...

Typical SJW response. Did you not read what someone who has actually suffered through gender dysphoria had to say about my suggestion?

Do you consider spina bifida treatments eugenics as well?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
Do you consider spina bifida treatments eugenics as well?

What the hell is wrong with you

You are comparing someone with a severe birth defect that could end up being fatal in extreme cases and trying to correct that to...effing brain patterns you don't like

Thats some dirtball thinking right there.

your views are laughably outragous.

Here is another thing:
Gay people also have variation of brain patterns...you wanna fix the gays also?

get off

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Well, these threads are always a lotta fun aren't they? Here comes an allegory, so if you are terminally literal minded, just skip the rest, mmmkay?
Tell ya what, instead of worrying about what flavour of ice cream someone else has, go to the shop and buy your own ice cream, the flavour you like best, and enjoy it instead of criticising the person that wants a scoop of mint, raspberry and rum and raisin.

If there is a god and (S)He really gave a damn, they'd do something about it all wouldn't they?
Have to be a crappy, powerless god to need to rely on miserable people to go around censuring others for how they live when they ain't hurting anyone, otherwise.

edit on 58pSat, 13 May 2017 11:13:58 -050020172017-05-13T11:13:58-05:00kAmerica/Chicago31000000k by SprocketUK because: cant spell rum, apparently

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAreAWAKE
I do find it interesting that when a person says they are a "woman" but are obviously a "man", that is called trans-gendered and the correction is to modify the body to match what the brain believes.

But every other time that the brain tells it's owner they are a goat, Napoleon, an Alien, etc...we help to correct the mind because it is obviously confused.

Considering that...and the suicide rate of those who have "converted" to appear to be of the opposite sex, I believe it must be a mental issue, brain issue, chemical issue, etc. otherwise the conversion should solve the problem. Apparently it doesn't and we allow these poor people to mutilate their bodies and still die confused and depressed.

Not every Gender dysphoric person can afford to have surgery or hormones to change their bodies. Some of us have accepted it and just try to live as best as we can. I am not confused. mental health has even checked me out im as sane as anyone else.

The statistic that 40% of transgender people have attempted suicide is used all the time to justify all sorts of things that have absolutely zero basis in science

The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services has addressed the issue of suicide in LGBT populations, and reached the same conclusions on the actual causes of suicide in the transgender community:

“Suicidal behaviors in LGBT populations appear to be related to “minority stress”, which stems from the cultural and social prejudice attached to minority sexual orientation and gender identity. This stress includes individual experiences of prejudice or discrimination, such as family rejection, harassment, bullying, violence, and victimization. Increasingly recognized as an aspect of minority stress is “institutional discrimination” resulting from laws and public policies that create inequities or omit LGBT people from benefits and protections afforded others. Individual and institutional discrimination have been found to be associated with social isolation, low self-esteem, negative sexual/gender identity, and depression, anxiety, and other mental disorders. These negative outcomes, rather than minority sexual orientation or gender identity per se, appear to be the key risk factors for LGBT suicidal ideation and behavior.”

SO it is not just the Transistion being a factor in their suicides. Its not as simple as that.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

Maybe if you explained to your Relative to sit them down and explain what was going on would help the child.

He prolly does not understand that people kiss others sometimes who are alike. A father kisses his son so does that make him gay or a pedophile? most of the time no.

You are not God. You are not hebrew are you? Mosaic law does not apply to gentiles. You are wrong to judge another like you have by saying its pure perversion for two humans to love one another and get a surrogate to have a baby for them.

So i guess the woman doing her natural action of having a child is wrong too right?

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

That's because the person who thinks he is an alien is psychotic (scizophrenic/bi-polar, etc.), and anti-psych meds fix the problem. Anti-psych meds don't do anything to resolve gender dysphoria, therefore it's not a psychosis.

There have been many transgender people right here on ATS who have testified that physical transition has helped them tremendously. You are against these people being helped?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join