It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study - Transgender myth exposed - a mental disorder.

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: kaylaluv

You like to make baseless assumptions.

Oh boy, here we go again.

Did you post this comment?

Your gender is simply not based on what you think, feel or what you prefer to do or wear. It's based on your genes. Sorry. That's science.

Gender is in the brain, so it is in fact, based on what you think. Gender dysphoria is the discrepancy between what your brain says and what your body says. This is a real condition.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I read. Apparently it's a right-wing site but I decided to give it a benefit of doubt and follow with links but there's not much to collaborate the story. I would like to read that book "Can I Tell You About Gender Identity?" before making a judgment.

edit on 5/12/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

What accomodations? All they ask is for us to treat them equally (as you have stated they are just other people).

e.g Transgender bathrooms.

Do you want this man in women's bathroom? Just giving you a perspective.

edit on 5/12/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

What accomodations? All they ask is for us to treat them equally (as you have stated they are just other people).

You mean they just want to go the bathroom that fits them best, like everyone else?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Gender is not a psychological matter. I'm not saying gender dysphoria doesn't exist either. Those ideas aren't mutually exclusive. As I said it's a lot more complicated than you think.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I'm so over all this transgender stuff. Why does it matter? Seriously how does it affect YOUR life. Why can't people just ve who they want? Gay straight trans, WHO CARES?!?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

You mean they just want to go the bathroom that fits them best, like everyone else?

No, I mean building new bathrooms to accommodate. Big difference. I don't really care if a transgender uses the male or female toilet. Others might though. Further discussion on that would be well off topic.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

No, I mean building new bathrooms to accommodate. Big difference. I don't really care if a transgender uses the male or female toilet. Others might though. Further discussion on that would be well off topic.

The conservatives are the only ones banging that drum.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

If you're a woman who thinks you're a man, the one that fits you best is the ladies room. There's urinals in the men's room that you can't use. Once you've had the surgery and have a functioning penis you can pee out of, then the men's room fits you best.

Men who think they're women but still have their penis using the ladies room is simply logistically impractical. There's already longer waits for the ladies room because it takes women longer. Add men who think they're women who could just go in the men's room and use a urinal and it makes it even worse for actual women. It's a matter of practicality. And if you think having to pee into a urinal out of your penis even though you think you're a woman has a serious impact on your quality of life, well I'd love to have life so good that something so mundane was a major source of stress for me.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I find the argument ridiculous. It's a completely insignificant issue and there should be no consideration given to spending literally billions on refitting public buildings to accommodate a tiny minority.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Whoever is banging that drum needs their drumsticks taken away and sent into a corner facing the wall.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Yeah, I haven't heard anyone from the transgender community demanding special bathrooms.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:23 PM
link   

If you're a woman who thinks you're a man, the one that fits you best is the ladies room. There's urinals in the men's room that you can't use. Once you've had the surgery and have a functioning penis you can pee out of, then the men's room fits you best.

Men who think they're women but still have their penis using the ladies room is simply logistically impractical. There's already longer waits for the ladies room because it takes women longer. Add men who think they're women who could just go in the men's room and use a urinal and it makes it even worse for actual women. It's a matter of practicality. And if you think having to pee into a urinal out of your penis even though you think you're a woman has a serious impact on your quality of life, well I'd love to have life so good that something so mundane was a major source of stress for me.

You are laughable. Asking a woman to use the mens room for no reason other than you're own ignorance is stupid.

Look, I'm legally a woman, I am a mother, I have a straight boyfriend, I'm also dating a hardcore lesbian, I have a job, and I pay taxes... all as a woman.

Why would I use the men's room just to make you comfortable when no other aspect of my life demands me to pretend to be a man?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Whoever is banging that drum needs their drumsticks taken away and sent into a corner facing the wall.

100% agreed.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

And it's chicken gizzards, by the way. You have to say you like chicken gizzards.

Well crap. I guess I need a shrink

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I find the argument ridiculous. It's a completely insignificant issue and there should be no consideration given to spending literally billions on refitting public buildings to accommodate a tiny minority.

Like others stated the transgender people are not the ones demanding that.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Abysha

Im happy that you worked out your problems, my comment was not aimed at you or your personal experience .

My comments are aimed at those who think the psychiatrist is not qualified to deal with the topic being discussed.

But a psychiatrist did deal with it. And recommended transition. And now I'm happy.

What?

I think he is discussing how some shrink wrote the paper that is the topic of this thread who said trans people are just crazy people who need psychiatrists (the kind like him..that will most likely just use electroshock therapy until you say you like football or something)

Way to jump to conclusions.

Let's try again....

A psychiatrist is far more qualified to have an opinion on the matter than pretty much anyone else.

But yeah keep up with petty insults and thinking you know it all.

If you determine it to be a mental health issue, then yes
would you see a psyche doctor to deal with cancer?
no..you wouldn't.
gender dysphoria is a physical condition. the manifestations are appropriating cultural and physical norms of the opposite gender.
the manifestations are not the problem, they are symptoms.
head docs deal with problems
they are out of their league.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Gender is not a psychological matter. I'm not saying gender dysphoria doesn't exist either. Those ideas aren't mutually exclusive. As I said it's a lot more complicated than you think.

Gender identity is hardwired in the brain. The definition of gender dysphoria is the unease people feel when their body doesn't match their brain.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:30 PM
link   

I read. Apparently it's a right-wing site but I decided to give it a benefit of doubt and follow with links but there's not much to collaborate the story. I would like to read that book "Can I Tell You About Gender Identity?" before making a judgment.

the about us section on the site:

We are a group of parents based mainly in the UK, who are concerned about the current trend to diagnose ‘gender non-conforming’ children as transgender. We reject current conservative, reactionary, religious-fundamentalist views about sexuality. We are also concerned about legislation which places transgender rights above the right to safety for girls and young women in public bathrooms and changing rooms. We come from diverse backgrounds, some with expertise in child development and psychology, some who were themselves extreme gender non-conforming children and adolescents, some whose own children have self-diagnosed as ‘trans’ and some who know supportive trans adults who are also questioning recent theories of ‘transgenderism.’

Here's a review of that guidebook:

'A much needed piece of work! The pedagogies outlined in this book have made a positive, significant difference to the lives of young trans people in our schools. By following the practical strategies we can together begin the journey to inclusion. This guide will help you take the first steps to educate and then support you to create an environment that actively celebrates gender diversity! A definite go-to-guide for all schools.' - Dr Elly Barnes MBE, CEO of Educate & Celebrate

We live in a society that seems to want to foster transgenderism. When you start 'celebrating' something, kids are going to be led down paths we should not be leading them down at a young age. There should be none of this nonsense in schools.
edit on 12/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

Well, its more a neurological disorder.
And why "cure" it?

Because that's what we do. What's the point of spending million of dollars to find out what causes it if we're not going to try to fix it or prevent it?

The prime suspect, as far as a cause goes, takes place during fetal development. I would imagine most parents would rather (if need be) adjust the sex or brain chemistry of the child while still in the womb and forgo all of the suicide attempts and scissors and stuff.

Wouldn't you?

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join