It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study - Transgender myth exposed - a mental disorder.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

No, the articles in the OP never once say that gender dysphoria is real and that treatment should include transition for those people. Just the opposite in fact.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Abysha

Im happy that you worked out your problems, my comment was not aimed at you or your personal experience .

My comments are aimed at those who think the psychiatrist is not qualified to deal with the topic being discussed.

But a psychiatrist did deal with it. And recommended transition. And now I'm happy.

What?

I think he is discussing how some shrink wrote the paper that is the topic of this thread who said trans people are just crazy people who need psychiatrists (the kind like him..that will most likely just use electroshock therapy until you say you like football or something)

Yeah, I got that. But he doesn't understand that the vaaaaast majority of psychiatrists understand gender dysphoria enough to know there is a physical component to it and isn't all "in your head".

And it's chicken gizzards, by the way. You have to say you like chicken gizzards.

edit on 12-5-2017 by Abysha because: horse?!

link   

Im happy that you worked out your problems, my comment was not aimed at you or your personal experience .

My comments are aimed at those who think the psychiatrist is not qualified to deal with the topic being discussed.

But a psychiatrist did deal with it. And recommended transition. And now I'm happy.

What?

I think he is discussing how some shrink wrote the paper that is the topic of this thread who said trans people are just crazy people who need psychiatrists (the kind like him..that will most likely just use electroshock therapy until you say you like football or something)

Way to jump to conclusions.

Let's try again....

A psychiatrist is far more qualified to have an opinion on the matter than pretty much anyone else.

But yeah keep up with petty insults and thinking you know it all.

link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: face23785

It is about a real condition that originates in the brain and affects self awareness in regards to gender identity.

I can accept that in very few cases nature gets it wrong - i.e. real transgenders. The vast majority though are nurtured by society, usually outside the family, but some times by sick parents (usually liberals).

Wait... so are you saying that all of your disparaging comments towards people who suffer from genuine gender dysphoria was made with the knowledge that there are people out there, reading this, who suffer from it?

Why not make your beef with "fake" gender dysphoria or "liberally enriched gender shenanigans" or whatever you want to label it?

Why not say "hey, I believe this # is real but I think a lot of it is faked"?

I must have been pretty clear, because you got it.

So why discuss about the "fake" transgender people in this thread? Nobody is denying that there are "fake" ones out there.

Because this thread is about the "transgender myth". The article in the OP is talking about a lot more than the very very small number of transgenders that are 'born that way'.

You mean there are mentally ill people who pretend to be transgender? I think I see your point.

For the majority it is a lifestyle choice, which they are entitled to. Sex (and society) obviously plays a big part in that choice. It's not some biological or even mental difference.

Then some people are mentally ill...and others are actually born wired in a different way (the small minority).
edit on 12/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: face23785
a reply to: kaylaluv

I challenge you to point to a post where I claimed it wasn't real.

There you go, changing the goal posts again.

So now I assume that you believe it is real, and that physical transition (along with therapy) is the appropriate treatment for it.

Phew! That took a while, but at least you got there! Now we agree!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   

In case you missed the edit I added Buffalo Bill as an example.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   

What?

Way to jump to conclusions.

Let's try again....

A psychiatrist is far more qualified to have an opinion on the matter than pretty much anyone else.

But yeah keep up with petty insults and thinking you know it all.

Even when all the other psychiatrists, armed with neurobiology and peer-reviewed studies, disagree with him?

Or is that just "fake" science? Just because.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

No, the articles in the OP never once say that gender dysphoria is real and that treatment should include transition for those people. Just the opposite in fact.

Because the very small minority of cases are not worth discussing.
The big issue is the promotion of transgenderism as something mainstream and the number of people who end up being led down that path and ending up having surgery when they never should have in the first place - sold a lie that it's totally normal, when it is not. Kids are even being taught this cr** in school as if it's a lifestyle choice they need to make.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I didn't change anything, you insinuated I said it was fake and now changed my mind, which is false. Cool buzz words though.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

All?

Can you provide some links for me I would be interested to read why they disagree with his conclusions.
edit on 12-5-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Who are teaching children that it's a lifestyle choice (whatever that means) that they need to make? The right-wing media kept pushing that narrative with no basis.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You like to make baseless assumptions.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

It is about a real condition that originates in the brain and affects self awareness in regards to gender identity.

I can accept that in very few cases nature gets it wrong - i.e. real transgenders. The vast majority though are nurtured by society, usually outside the family, but some times by sick parents (usually liberals).

Wait... so are you saying that all of your disparaging comments towards people who suffer from genuine gender dysphoria was made with the knowledge that there are people out there, reading this, who suffer from it?

Why not make your beef with "fake" gender dysphoria or "liberally enriched gender shenanigans" or whatever you want to label it?

Well that stance is a totally reasonable one to take! Why all the hate for people who actually have to go through all that crap (like listening to people like you)?

When, deep down, your view on it isn't all that #ed up.

Hate? What hate?
I don't hate transgenders - I just don't think there needs to be any adjustments made to society to accommodate and certainly no promotion of transgenderism as some kind of biological norm (which I mean from a statistical distribution perspective). To me you are just another person, not one who I have to analyse.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

All?

Can you provide some links for me I would be interested to read why they disagree with his conclusions.

www.wpath.org...

All the studies, even the ones I don't like, are understood and curated by these folks. If you disagree with their assessment (based on science), it isn't because you are trying to be logical; it's because you are bringing in your own bias.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

I appreciate you posting the video. But I didn't seen anything particularly convincing, certainly nothing that rises to the level of "proof".

Just some evidence from a "handful of studies" that could be interpreted to support a biological component to transgenderism . . . or not.

So basically, it remains to be proven that transgenderism is anything more than a psychological problem?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

That's not really the topic of the thread though. The topic was that anyone who claimed to have gender dysphoria was mentally ill, and surgery should never be an option.

I would have to see proof that kids are being taught in schools that gender dysphoria is a lifestyle choice they need to make. Don't think that one is true. They are possibly being taught that transgender people are not to be feared or hated, or treated badly by society. That is much more believable.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

What accomodations? All they ask is for us to treat them equally (as you have stated they are just other people).

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Who are teaching children that it's a lifestyle choice (whatever that means) that they need to make? The right-wing media kept pushing that narrative with no basis.

example:
www.transgendertrend.com...

Teaching transgender doctrine in schools is set to reach new heights in the New Year with the publication of a guidebook which advises teachers not to call girls and boys “girls and boys.” Children are also to be indoctrinated into Gender Identity and Queer theory via a whole new lexicon of made-up words to stop them thinking in terms of two sexes, but coach them into the belief that nothing is real except personal “identity.”

The guidebook for teachers mentioned includes:

The book – Can I Tell You About Gender Diversity? – also features the use of hormone blockers by a fictional 12-year-old 'transitioning' from female to male in order to stop the onset of puberty. The treatment is controversially available to children on the NHS, as first revealed by The Mail on Sunday.

edit on 12/5/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

What accomodations? All they ask is for us to treat them equally (as you have stated they are just other people).

e.g Transgender bathrooms.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Well that stance is a totally reasonable one to take! Why all the hate for people who actually have to go through all that crap (like listening to people like you)?

When, deep down, your view on it isn't all that #ed up.

Hate? What hate?
I don't hate transgenders - I just don't think there needs to be any adjustments made to society to accommodate and certainly no promotion of transgenderism as some kind of biological norm (which I mean from a statistical distribution perspective). To me you are just another person, not one who I have to analyse.

This is indeed how most of the people I know feel about it. They are pigeonholed by the left as "transphobic", "bigots", and "haters" but the truth is most of us couldn't care less how they live their lives as long as it doesn't impact us and they aren't being negatively affected. Same with those of other sexual orientation. There are of course extremists but they are few and far between in reality, unlike the impression you get from the media.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join