It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Study - Transgender myth exposed - a mental disorder.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: face23785

It is about a real condition that originates in the brain and affects self awareness in regards to gender identity.

I can accept that in very few cases nature gets it wrong - i.e. real transgenders. The vast majority though are nurtured by society, usually outside the family, but some times by sick parents (usually liberals).

Wait... so are you saying that all of your disparaging comments towards people who suffer from genuine gender dysphoria was made with the knowledge that there are people out there, reading this, who suffer from it?

Why not make your beef with "fake" gender dysphoria or "liberally enriched gender shenanigans" or whatever you want to label it?

Why not say "hey, I believe this # is real but I think a lot of it is faked"?

I must have been pretty clear, because you got it.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

It is about a real condition that originates in the brain and affects self awareness in regards to gender identity.

Nah. Billions of years of evolution and 200,000 or so years of human evolution. I can accept that in very few cases nature gets it wrong - i.e. real transgenders. The vast majority though are nurtured by society, usually outside the family, but some times by sick parents (usually liberals).

That is the discussion that is worthy to have
transgender verses transtrender. Today especially it seems it is a sort of cool thing for some to claim a different gender (although calling yourself transgender as in male or female is no longer cool...now you got the 73 genders nonsense..the I identify as a apexbinopentasexual stuff).
Trans is about what. 0.3% of society. hardly any, but 0.3% still is a lot numerically...and they deserve as much dignity as the next jackass who is normal (abnormal isn't a bad word..just means not typical..outside the ordinary. put in before I get jumped on)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I can accept that in very few cases nature gets it wrong - i.e. real transgenders. The vast majority though are nurtured by society, usually outside the family, but some times by sick parents (usually liberals).

Wait... so are you saying that all of your disparaging comments towards people who suffer from genuine gender dysphoria was made with the knowledge that there are people out there, reading this, who suffer from it?

Why not make your beef with "fake" gender dysphoria or "liberally enriched gender shenanigans" or whatever you want to label it?

So why discuss about the "fake" transgender people in this thread? Nobody is denying that there are "fake" ones out there.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: iTruthSeeker
Some studies say I am right, some say you are. There is a stalemate here.

95% to 5% is hardly a stalemate.

Please don't tell me you also believe in the 3% of scientists who are climate change deniers...

Lol, please don't tell me you believe the 97% myth!

Oh god... you're like a Cobert parody character. Are you for real?

For real? Yes, sure... unlike the 97% claim!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Well that stance is a totally reasonable one to take! Why all the hate for people who actually have to go through all that crap (like listening to people like you)?

When, deep down, your view on it isn't all that #ed up.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Im happy that you worked out your problems, my comment was not aimed at you or your personal experience .

My comments are aimed at those who think the psychiatrist is not qualified to deal with the topic being discussed.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Those were examples. They weren't meant to be the end-all be-all, but if you need to falsely represent my points in order to refute them, go for it.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Please don't tell me you also believe in the 3% of scientists who are climate change deniers...

Lol, please don't tell me you believe the 97% myth!

Oh god... you're like a Cobert parody character. Are you for real?

For real? Yes, sure... unlike the 97% claim!

Ok... you're alright. Not sure if you're for real but I like the kind of panache I know immediately to dismiss.

link   

Sensible people from all sides are putting this as the item to discuss.

Then we come down to a different philosophical debate. are trenders to be part of the lgbt community (I reject putting the q in there because nobody has yet explained to me in any coherent fashion what q is and how it is relevant)

link   

[
They identify however they identify. But we're talking about how you identify them. Chromosomes are often brought up but, as you said, you can't see them. You also can't see their plumbing unless you are a perv. Nor their hormones.

So... if a woman says she is a woman but you later find out she was assigned male at birth... how do you identify her? And if it's different than what she says, why? Are you letting invisible things control your thoughts?

What is the invisible thing? If she was assigned as a male at birth I would say there are some very visual things involved.

I think people think too much about all this. It's 99% pluming and visual appearance as to whether a person has issues or not. As to the whole perv question... so in open showers I think if a person identifies as a male but has female parts that could be an issue and vice versa too.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Im happy that you worked out your problems, my comment was not aimed at you or your personal experience .

My comments are aimed at those who think the psychiatrist is not qualified to deal with the topic being discussed.

But a psychiatrist did deal with it. And recommended transition. And now I'm happy.

What?

link   

I was pointing out that it isn't as simplistic as that.

I agree

link   

So do you (grudgingly, like UK Truth) admit that gender dysphoria is a real thing?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I guess that depends on which search engine you use? The sites I see that support you all link back to the same left study. The WHO (not the band
) say's it is a mental illness. Are they credible? I don't know. The wiki definition of Gender Dysphoria, while not bluntly saying it is a MD, keep using words like "distress" "Professional" "Counciling" "psychotherapy".

So it would seem to me, given the hints, circumstantial and other, point more toward mental disorder.

I support the scientist's that say the Earth is changing due to cycles that it goes through...
edit on 12-5-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-5-2017 by iTruthSeeker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

But a psychiatrist did deal with it. And recommended transition. And now I'm happy.

What?

I think he is discussing how some shrink wrote the paper that is the topic of this thread who said trans people are just crazy people who need psychiatrists (the kind like him..that will most likely just use electroshock therapy until you say you like football or something)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

So why discuss about the "fake" transgender people in this thread? Nobody is denying that there are "fake" ones out there.

Because this thread is about the "transgender myth". The article in the OP is talking about a lot more than the very very small number of transgenders that are 'born that way'.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

“disorder of ‘assumption’” – the notion that their maleness or femaleness is different than what nature assigned to them biologically. "

It's Hard to Argue with Logic like that ........Ahem...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

I challenge you to point to a post where I claimed it wasn't real.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

So do you (grudgingly, like UK Truth) admit that gender dysphoria is a real thing?

Call it what you like. It's a rarity and not representative of the time, effort and conflict (political even) that it causes.
The vast majority of transgenders are wired the same as everyone else. They choose to be who they want to be.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Because this thread is about the "transgender myth". The article in the OP is talking about a lot more than the very very small number of transgenders that are 'born that way'.

You mean there are mentally ill people who pretend to be transgender? I think I see your point.

[Edit] Kinda like Buffalo Bill in "Silence of the Lambs".
edit on 5/12/2017 by Deaf Alien because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join