It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of The Offengers

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

So he was not referring to state intervention, he was referring to the citizenries right to protest!?!??

I gotta look that up.. that doesn't seem right..

It is also the case with Anthony P. Griffin, a black lawyer who defended the rights of the grand-dragon of the Texas KKK. He did it for one reason.

"The Klan says some vile and vicious and nasty and ugly things," the 38-year-old Mr. Griffin said. "But the Klan has a right to say them. If you ask whether they have a right to organize, to assemble, to free speech, those people we hate have such a right, and we just can't get around that. Because if you take away their rights, you take away my rights also."

A Klansman's Black Lawyer, and a principle.

Because most people dislike the the Confederate flag is no reason to censor it, or to persecute those who use it. If you deny the right for some you also deny the right also for the rest of us.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Oh so we see the Union Jack as treasonous...got it!

Actually, the Union Jack is a symbol of drug dealers butchering people to protect their turf.

The Opium Wars: The Bloody Conflicts That Destroyed Imperial China

But is this woman out organizing protests at stores that sell the Union Jack? Nope. Obviously she doesn't care if drug dealers murder people to protect their turf and get people addicted to drugs. She's probably a drug dealer herself. There is no good reason why decent people should have to walk into a store and see this symbol of murder and drug trafficking.

------------

DISCLAIMER: This post was brought to you using liberal logic. The poster assumes no responsibility for any lack of common sense contained therein.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:16 PM
link   
The woman who got her panties in a bunch over this is a professional victim who regularly gets on Portland media to be offended on behalf of others. This is the video that started it all.

Notice how she says they assaulted her soon as she got the attention of bystanders, making it appear more serious than a minor verbal altercation? This situation is the literal definition of a crybully. Good thing she recorded it for everyone to see.

"STOP APPROACHING ME, LET ME LEAVE"

Guy stands completely still

"STOP APPROACHING ME"

Guy continues to not move

"REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!"

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: JinMI

They absolutely did, why do you think they went to war over it!

If we lose, then it is absolutely considered a symbol of treason to this day.

We just kicked their butts enough where they had no choice but to except it..

Everything is POV.. and I'm an American.. so to me as an American they are traitors..

To some one who considers themselves a confederate it is a symbol of freedom fighters.. exactly the same way isis supporters consider terrorist freedom fighters.

Say what you will about the South, but nobody retires and moves up north.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   

I'm a history buff

it should be disgusting to any patriotic Americans (because it was treason)

No you're not, otherwise you would know the exact meaning of Seceding and Treason

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Wow! get all scared from people 50 feet away one day simply staying put, the next day she will be hurling Molotov's at a protest downtown against fascism. kek

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:51 PM
link   
The Offengers: Rise of the Banshee

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Absolutely, well said.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

She made most of her offendedness up.

She verbally assaulted them. If you fear for your life, would you attack people with two small children in tow like she did?

The "flag on the wall" was a rug in middle of a rack of other rugs. You can see the photo evidence in the article.

There are dueling videos because one of the guys in the store who was assaulting her was actually counterfilming her from about 50ft away.

And she was crying so hard and so disturbed that she actually selfied her completely dry cheeks.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope

So he was not referring to state intervention, he was referring to the citizenries right to protest!?!??

I gotta look that up.. that doesn't seem right..

It is also the case with Anthony P. Griffin, a black lawyer who defended the rights of the grand-dragon of the Texas KKK. He did it for one reason.

"The Klan says some vile and vicious and nasty and ugly things," the 38-year-old Mr. Griffin said. "But the Klan has a right to say them. If you ask whether they have a right to organize, to assemble, to free speech, those people we hate have such a right, and we just can't get around that. Because if you take away their rights, you take away my rights also."

A Klansman's Black Lawyer, and a principle.

Because most people dislike the the Confederate flag is no reason to censor it, or to persecute those who use it. If you deny the right for some you also deny the right also for the rest of us.

Exactly as I thought.. it was about state intervention not about cotezens deciding to protest something..

It is a totally different animal when it is the state stepping in..

I'm quite sure this lawyer would defend the people's right to protest..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

I'm a history buff

No you're not, otherwise you would know the exact meaning of Seceding and Treason

I would be VERY SURPRISED if you beat me in a civil war jepordy

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Whatever happened to that # they tell you in kindergarten;

Worry about yourself, not your neighbor.

I don't need you, or anyone to make the world safe for me to consume.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   

I think a way closer example would be to go back and ask the Jews if nazi flags should still be allowed to fly in Germany..

Guess what ? It is still illegal today..

Why?

As a symbol to the world they reject that ideology..

Sadly people would still like to hang onto the ideology of the confederates and segregationists..

You know what perpetrates the cycles of hatred?

Trying to alter history by erasing any references to hate. If you forget the past, you're doomed to repeat it.

How in the name of whatever you find holy is banning the flag going to stop anything? Did burning books change anything concerning what people consider obscene? How about the old classic books being edited and sanitized today to stop from offending anyone? What happened to using these things as examples of how we can rise above such ideas and move on to bigger and better things?

But no, it's all about sweeping the bad under the carpet now. Editing it out of existence.

Removing that flag from stores will *not* stop hatred. That flag is quite literally just a symbol. The hatred is in the minds and hearts of people. They will express that hatred regardless. Trying to remove that symbol will just make them more determined to fight.

But, it just feels like freedom of expression is a throwaway now. That freedom is only granted and allowed to those that feel their point of view is *the* point of view. We can't keep being reactionary to this sort of thing because the goalposts of what is considered hateful and racist keep getting moved. At the rate we're going, there will be few things left that can be openly said or done or shown because we *might* offend someone out there... somewhere.

Children need to be taught the unsanitized version of history and shown that people can be better. Can do better.

"Our ancestors weren't always good people, you see. But we can work hard to be above that."

Or, maybe I'm just hopelessly hopeful.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

I'm a history buff

If you:

1) start a rebellion where you seize 1/3rd of a countr

2) then you trash can the old head of state and constitution then make your own new ones..

3) you take up armed against your nation of birth, causing the most loss of life on American soil in American history..

That is by definition treason..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:45 PM
link   

I'm a history buff

If you:

1) start a rebellion where you seize 1/3rd of a countr

2) then you trash can the old head of state and constitution then make your own new ones..

3) you take up armed against your nation of birth, causing the most loss of life on American soil in American history..

That is literally the definition treason..
I

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Well actually the North attacked the South to try and regain the lost territory...The South did not go on the offensive seeking to take over all of the US. But I guess as such an outspoken authority within this thread you knew that and just misspoke right?

Actually I wanted to add that the states which seceded were totally within their right as a state to do so as long as they had their vote and decided to do so. States hold the right to leave this union as much as the UK held the right to have a vote and leave their own European Union...Which we saw recently. I guess if the rest of the EU had the power to make the UK stay they could have but the UK has too many allies for the EU to win against this they have to sit there and take it. The South didn't have enough outside support to stop the more industrial and heavier populated north from taking the lands back.
edit on 12-5-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subrosabelow

I think a way closer example would be to go back and ask the Jews if nazi flags should still be allowed to fly in Germany..

Guess what ? It is still illegal today..

Why?

As a symbol to the world they reject that ideology..

Sadly people would still like to hang onto the ideology of the confederates and segregationists..

You know what perpetrates the cycles of hatred?

Trying to alter history by erasing any references to hate. If you forget the past, you're doomed to repeat it.

How in the name of whatever you find holy is banning the flag going to stop anything? Did burning books change anything concerning what people consider obscene? How about the old classic books being edited and sanitized today to stop from offending anyone? What happened to using these things as examples of how we can rise above such ideas and move on to bigger and better things?

But no, it's all about sweeping the bad under the carpet now. Editing it out of existence.

Removing that flag from stores will *not* stop hatred. That flag is quite literally just a symbol. The hatred is in the minds and hearts of people. They will express that hatred regardless. Trying to remove that symbol will just make them more determined to fight.

But, it just feels like freedom of expression is a throwaway now. That freedom is only granted and allowed to those that feel their point of view is *the* point of view. We can't keep being reactionary to this sort of thing because the goalposts of what is considered hateful and racist keep getting moved. At the rate we're going, there will be few things left that can be openly said or done or shown because we *might* offend someone out there... somewhere.

Children need to be taught the unsanitized version of history and shown that people can be better. Can do better.

"Our ancestors weren't always good people, you see. But we can work hard to be above that."

Or, maybe I'm just hopelessly hopeful.

It doesn't have anything to do with erasing..

And I think it's fair to say that the vast majority of everyone's ancestors were horrible people by modern standards..

It is about not glorifying and/or being honest about that history...

Lost cause mythology is what doesn't help anyone.. not people who point out that from an American pov the south were a bunch of traitors...

We are not talking about t-shirts that say "the confederates were traitors to America" with the stars and bars crossed out..
nor monuments to confederate generals who's plaques say "was a traitor to his country , but was an amazing Calvary commander..""

People trying to ban those would be "erasing history.."

We are talking about people who are taking those things and glorifying them while claiming

"the civil war wasn't about slavery..they knew they would lose but wanted to make a point about states rights.. they were gonna end slavery later that week anyway.."

That is erasing history...
edit on 12-5-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

Well actually the North attacked the South to try and regain the lost territory...The South did not go on the offensive seeking to take over all of the US. But I guess as such an outspoken authority within this thread you knew that and just misspoke right?

Actually I wanted to add that the states which seceded were totally within their right as a state to do so as long as they had their vote and decided to do so. States hold the right to leave this union as much as the UK held the right to have a vote and leave their own European Union...Which we saw recently. I guess if the rest of the EU had the power to make the UK stay they could have but the UK has too many allies for the EU to win against this they have to sit there and take it. The South didn't have enough outside support to stop the more industrial and heavier populated north from taking the lands back.

Read a history book....

The south demanded America (not the north.. same America then till now..)
Surrender any forts within the territory the confederacy had seized..

The US army had a garrison at fort sumner they had been manning since before succession..

Then America tried to resupply the fort with food stuffs, so beauriguard ordered the fort to be fired on...

No county in the history of civilization has ever let big chunks of its soverign territory suceed ..

There is no historical presidence of any civilization that let that happen willingly.. ever..

Just imagine how that would even work if every generation any state that felt like it could leave the United States.. there would be no country..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nickn3

a reply to: JinMI

They absolutely did, why do you think they went to war over it!

If we lose, then it is absolutely considered a symbol of treason to this day.

We just kicked their butts enough where they had no choice but to except it..

Everything is POV.. and I'm an American.. so to me as an American they are traitors..

To some one who considers themselves a confederate it is a symbol of freedom fighters.. exactly the same way isis supporters consider terrorist freedom fighters.

Say what you will about the South, but nobody retires and moves up north.

Your crazy...

The north then and now holds the vast majority of the population.
edit on 12-5-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

You mean the land the state owned which was rightfully theirs to secede? The same land that had garrisons full of what was US troops who remained loyal to the union inside what was now a sovereign state not a part of the union. Yes exactly...Your twist on history seems to not be so accurate...More like twisted to fit your take on things.

Edited to add: we just saw the UK leave the European Union...Same situation as what states are to the US. We are a union of states where states have the right to vote to leave said union...Do you really know anything about US civics and history or do you just open your mouth and let whatever comes out just spill onto your post. I remember learning this stuff in grade school civics classes...Did you?

Maybe read up
edit on 12-5-2017 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join