It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of The Offengers

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

The same reason you called the store owner a coward for buckling to them, instead of seeing it as an act of courage. It's all subjective.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986
a reply to: JoshuaCox

How do you go from defending their right to sell it, to protesting to ban it?

Who said I was protesting to ban it???

I said it does not have a gloriously honerable history, it should be disgusting to any patriotic Americans (because it was treason) and that the government should not by assigning criminal penalties for its selling and owning..

A ban would be the state assigning a criminal penalty..

It should be considered in the same light as owning a nazi swastika..

Sure it's legal, but your prob not gonna make many friends..

I'm a history buff and more than anything hate the revisonist history... and I guess gross hypocracy..

You don't get to claim to be a pro America patriot, while flying the flag of people who commuted treason against America..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The same reason you called the store owner a coward for buckling to them, instead of seeing it as an act of courage. It's all subjective.

"Nope if I agree with it then it is courageous...if I don't then it is over reach that must be stopped!!!"

Lol

link   

And there was a time in this country, a long time ago, when reading wasn't just for %@& and neither was writing. People wrote books and movies, movies that had stories so you cared whose ass it was and why it was farting, and I believe that time can come again!

We're heading there faster than an angry mob chasing the general lee.

It's sad really, free speech matters, it's a huge issue, because when you start to force a group of people to all believe the same, think the same and feel the same, you get mindless drones who just follow the mob mentality.

Hate is pretty crappy, but ever stop to think that maybe the amount of hype and emotion we put into anything we deem " hateful " is the very reason people use these symbols in the 1st place?

That most hate symbols were stolen from non-hateful origins.

Then really, isn't hate in the mind of the beholder, hate is almost a matter of opinion when put into context like this, so because of such, how would any sane person think they will be able to get EVERYONE on the same page?

What if the American flag was next? It's already been done before, from burning to wearing it upside down ( was a symbol of distress but also was a symbol of anarchy ).

When symbols become hate meanings, what is really going on, is it hate or mind control?

Because it honestly seems like mind control to spur more hate. Curious what would happen if you ignored the hate, would we have remakes of the " Dukes of Hazard " again?

Humans are funny and trivial creatures, we use our emotions but not always wisely, more often than not, our emotional responses cause more issue than solution.

link   
Cowboy

And yet, I would still defend the right to sell it.

You

As would I..

Or atleast would happily protest the state trying to make it criminal to own or sell...

You contradicted yourself right away.
edit on 12-5-2017 by knowledgehunter0986 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:40 AM
link   

This reads like you didn't understand my point at all. You'll have to explain yourself better than that.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
If a small group of people protested abortion clinics, then abortion clinics should shut down?

Because the rights of the unborn.

The Offengers come in all shapes and sizes.

Again there are more pro choice people than pro life people, and there are FAR LESS pro confederate people than there are anti confederate flag people..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
I think General Sherman beat you to it.

He only burned it.

I have far worse plans in store.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Luckily I was ASSURED that NOBODY is trying to ban the flag. So we do have that going for us.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Meaning that viewing something as courageous or cowardice is subjective. You said that the store owner was a coward for buckling down to the courageous protestors.

I said one could argue the opposite.

The cowardice sensitive overly offended protestors had the nerve to tell a store owner to take down the offensive symbol, and the courageous store owner obliged for the sake of fairness.

Something like that but you get the point.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Cowboy

And yet, I would still defend the right to sell it.

You

As would I..

Or atleast would happily protest the state trying to make it criminal to own or sell...

You contradicted yourself right away.

People protesting something and the business voluntarily removing the product, is not even in the same realm of "the state making it illegal and applying a criminal penalty to the owning and selling of it..

They are not even remotely the same..

If the business chose to still sell it they would lose business..

If it were made criminal they would be fined or jailed by the state.

TOTALLY DIFFERENT animals..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

They couldn't get it legally banned if the dems owned every branch...

You would have half the left revolt the second the state said they wanted to jail people over it..

Hell , the swastika is still legal... and like .0002% of the population use it.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

The cowardice sensitive overly offended protestors had the nerve to tell a store owner to take down the offensive symbol, and the courageous store owner obliged for the sake of fairness.

See. I knew you didn't understand my point. I'm saying that cowardness is displayed in not standing up for what you believe in. The protesters ARE standing up for what they believe in. That isn't cowardness at all.

And besides. I don't care about this issue one way or the other. It's just another cheap ploy to outrage conservatives over a non-issue that should be contained to just the business and his consumers. It's not like the government was involved or anything. So you getting outraged on the business owner's behalf is dumb and futile.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Cowboy said he would still defend their rights to sell it.

You said "as would I" and the next sentence you said "but I would protest to make the flag criminal"

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:52 AM
link   

I agree, except for all the government capital stuff..

There is no way the states should be flying the flag of traitors on state grounds.. that is just crazy..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox

I agree, except for all the government capital stuff..

There is no way the states should be flying the flag of traitors on state grounds.. that is just crazy..

Same here. There is no reason the federal government or even a state government should be honoring a symbol that represents a rebellion force against the federal government.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Cowboy said he would still defend their rights to sell it.

You said "as would I" and the next sentence you said "but I would protest to make the flag criminal"

I mis spoke.. spell check or just my bad spelling..

I rarely proof read lol.

I meant I would protest if they tried to make it criminal.
edit on 12-5-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:56 AM
link   

I understood exactly what you meant, i just wanted to make my point.

Anyways, you are right that this isn't a big deal and I don't think anyone is outraged. Cowboy is just doing what he's been consistently doing and that's keeping the conversation alive.

The conversation is the important part.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Absolutely..

And off subject, but that is the way more cut and dry argument than racism and slavery..

There are loads of reasons why America as a whole was racist (even most abolitionists) and kept slaves, so pointing fingers at the south gets a little squirrlie, but there isn't a good argument against treason...

Literally by definition they were traitors..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Meaning that viewing something as courageous or cowardice is subjective. You said that the store owner was a coward for buckling down to the courageous protestors.

I said one could argue the opposite.

Something like that but you get the point.

This case is the very definition of SJW. A person who isn't directly offended by the flag, but feels others might be offended decides that the store must not display that flag or sell it. Sure it's just one person, one SJW in the video, but looking at all who defend her, you get an idea of the popularity of being a SJW. And as a business decision, it's easier to pull the merchandise than to fight due to press coverage. So the SJW wins. And we all loose just a bit more of our ability to be individuals.

I always go back to the small group that wanted the Washington Redskins to change their mascot. They had a hard time finding someone who was upset about it, but in the interim, they continued to lobby for it's change, based on the feelings of that (as of yet) mystery person. Back in the old days, you stood up for yourself and didn't need a gaggle of pasty face vegans with signs to champion your cause. Kinda gives credence to the "pussification of America"

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join