It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of The Offengers

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: network dude

Hell even the OP was quick to throw disclaimers in about not personally likening it nor flying it.

And yet, I would still defend the right to sell it.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
But I'm not going to get bent out of shape if someone else wants one.

But getting bent out of shape because the flag offends someone else, THAT is fair game. To me, really who cares about any of this? Let the protesters protest. If the store owner wants to sell the flag that is his business. If he caves to public pressure that is also his business. Either way, not worth getting pissy about it.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Because the swastika definitely doesn't symbolize hate either..

No the Swastika does not symbolize hate at all. The NAZI flag may, but not the ancient swastika at all. In fact it is on many government buildings in South Korea and many other asian countries, and is an actual character in Japanese, Chinese, and other asian languages.

I have one tattood on my back . Nobody gives me grief at the beach, park or pool when I have my shirt off, EVER.

The Confederate flag is a big deal in this town in Brazil, they have festivals and traditions around it apparently.

I think people should be free to sell and purchase a confederate flag.

Well then that is not a swastika is it?? That's the (blank) symbol for the sun , who just happens to look like a swastika..

Intentions mean everything, and after a life time in Mississippi. Every single person I know who flys a confederate flag does so for two reasons..

To say :

"I am not afraid of black people..

And imho it really is not so much "I hate black people".. as "I'm not scared of them."

And then because their racist family members did, and they loved them dearly..

But either way it is knee deep in negative race relations..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

But I'm not going to get bent out of shape if someone else wants one.

But getting bent out of shape because the flag offends someone else, THAT is fair game. To me, really who cares about any of this? Let the protesters protest. If the store owner wants to sell the flag that is his business. If he caves to public pressure that is also his business. Either way, not worth getting pissy about it.

I don't care if the flag offends someone else.

It's none of my business.

But when The Offengers get to decide what can and cannot be sold, that gets me a little miffed.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Hell even the OP was quick to throw disclaimers in about not personally likening it nor flying it.

And yet, I would still defend the right to sell it.

As would I..

Or atleast would happily protest the state trying to make it criminal to own or sell... as I would do the same with the swastika..

You can't be allowing the gov to jail people without physically hurting some one or their property..

But let's at least call a spade a spade..

There is no "proud southern history " that it symbolizes..

Or I guess people can assign any meaning they want to anything..

But the historical record doesn't back the "lost cause" narrative. Where the south was gonna end slavery with in weeks, and the civil war was all really to make a point about states rights..

That is horse poop , and every single confederate figure was more than happy to say that.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:25 AM
link   

I think you are setting up your point as if " pro confederate flag people" are the average, when there are far more anti confederate Americans , than the opposite..

Luckily, you don't have the right to dictate what others think. If someone wants to fly the dixie flag, that's their right. IN fact, if you travel on I-95, just south of exit 65 in NC, you will now see a very large rebel flag flying right next to the highway. And it will remain there until a law is enacted to remove it. And as I said, when that happens, you will enter the slippery slope that all those with enough grey matter can see coming.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I never said there was.

I never defended the history of the flag or the confederacy.

I just don't think a small group of people (The Offengers) should be able to determine what the rest of us can see or buy.

link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It is called the free market...

If you are murdering puppies to make spotted coats, and people get pissed and boycott your store, so you stop selling puppy coats ..

That is the way it is supposed to work..

link   

I don't care if the flag offends someone else.

You cared enough to write a thread about it.

But when The Offengers get to decide what can and cannot be sold, that gets me a little miffed.

How are they deciding anything? The business owner is STILL the one with ultimate authority on if the flag should be sold or not.
edit on 12-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Lol, as I thought.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:28 AM
link   

How do you go from defending their right to sell it, to protesting to ban it?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

How are they deciding anything? The business owner is STILL the one with ultimate authority on if the flag should be sold or not.

Yeah, and the business owner buckled.

Due to The Offengers.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Yeah, and the business owner buckled.

Due to The Offengers.

So? That is between the business owner and the public he sells to. Perhaps you should call out the business owner for being a coward instead of demeaning protesters for standing up for what they believe in?
edit on 12-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

It is not a small group of people who think the confederate flag is disgusting for various reasons..

If anything it is a small group of people flying it.. relatively speaking.. I would guess it is prob 50 million for, 150 million against and 150 million who really don't care..

If anything it is for that reason that people stop selling them..

The 50 million who want them don't spend the money that the 150 million against do..

So businesses back the winning horse ..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   
If a small group of people protested abortion clinics, then abortion clinics should shut down?

Because the rights of the unborn.

The Offengers come in all shapes and sizes.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

One could argue that the protestors are also cowards.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Or I guess people can assign any meaning they want to anything..

And there it is. In all your BS, a nugget of truth. yes, people can attribute any meaning they like to any symbol, and it doesn't change the meaning of that symbol TO THAT PERSON.
And you don't get to tell them what it means to them, regardless of what you think. It has to do with personal freedom.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

Could they? How so? What is cowardly about going outside and standing up for what you believe in despite any criticisms and naysayers? I'd say that takes quite a bit of courage.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   

If a small group of people protested abortion clinics, then abortion clinics should shut down?

Because the rights of the unborn.

The Offengers come in all shapes and sizes.

But small groups of people DO protest abortion clinics. They do it all the time. But abortion providers don't buckle to the protesters and continue to operate despite them.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: knowledgehunter0986

It's just calling out the asshats that think they can project their wishes onto others. They can try, they have that right, and I can call them asshats and laugh at their pitiful existence. I also have that right.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join