It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of The Offengers

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

How in the hell would the forts, built and arme by the US army , on US property, built with US tax dollars, legally be the property of those in open rebellion?!?!

edit on 13-5-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

You really have no idea what you're talking about and have yet to actually address any of the quoted arguments made by people much smarter than you or I about this. All you keep doing is pushing your view without backing a single thing up with anything but your word. When you have something to bring to the debate I'll be happy to continue.

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I'm from the midwest and while some people see the confederate flag as a symbol of racism, a lot of people where I live see it as a symbol of rebellion. I don't have one but the neighbor behind me does.

Honestly? Who cares...

posted on May, 13 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

Arguments from "lost cause " shills who literally have there own wiki page for their revisionist history....

No nation could ever survive any area that felt like it sucedeing at will...

The romans would never allow it.. the Persians would never allow it, the ussr had to fall to allow it..

There is no way for any nation state to survive that..

The only real legal right there has ever been is force of arms..

Because all the legal everything comes from the state..

Once you leave a state "legal no longer applies.."

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: DBCowboy

True story.
Last weekend, My wife and I were working on the little house on the farm (where we are moving is somebody ever buys my house) and the neighbors were having a party. The neighbor is a really nice kid, very country. he grew up not far from here. He bought a house with a flagpole. (right next to ours) Being a young kid from the south and an apparent' fan of country music, he hung a confederate flag with Hank Williams Jr on it. So as I was carrying the molding my wife had just painted in, a truck load of black man drove by slowly and yelled something derogatory at the house. Sadly, I was the only one to hear this, as the kids next door were driving around their land on 4 wheelers and couldn't hear much else.

But it made me think. And for what? For being so damn stupid they don't understand what they even see? It's a flag. It's the south. Are there any racists down here? Yep. Just like there are racists up north. But not everyone is so simple minded they equate hate and racism to a #ing flag. "Heritage not hate" is on quite a few bumper stickers here. I see that as a feeble attempt to inform the terminally stupid.

So in conclusion, if you see a flag, and it triggers you to think slavery and evil, maybe it's you.

Those black guys are thinking the same about your flag. "These people who d̶r̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶b̶y̶ (hung that flag) might do more than just y̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ (wave a flag at us) next time."

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Protest is always fine.

But protest to take away the freedom of choice from others is not.

Then it becomes an infringement of rights.

So you disagree with boycotting?

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't really feel as if I have the moral authority to say if the Confederate flag is a racist symbol or not. However, in my opinion, that is irrelevant. Let's not forget that the Confederacy was an enemy of the united States. I feel that flying those colors is no different than flying a Nazi or isis flag.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

JinMI wrote:
Is this not the same behavior that started the whole "im special" crowd? Did they revert? I didn't get the )(#$ memo!

I wanted to update you on this. I got the memo. It came from an anonymous source close to the Offengers and they claimed to be absolved of any wrong doing. Given the light of day, I'm thinking this has to be true.

posted on May, 16 2017 @ 10:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: CannedCanary
I'm from the midwest and while some people see the confederate flag as a symbol of racism, a lot of people where I live see it as a symbol of rebellion. I don't have one but the neighbor behind me does.

Honestly? Who cares...

I'm from the south too. I've never owned a battle flag, nor has anyone in my family to my knowledge. To us the flag is equivalent to the Gadsden flag, ie a symbol of resistance to overbearing government (local, state and federal). Nothing more.

To other people the flag represent people willing to kill to keep slaves.

To others it represents federalism and sovereign states rights.

To others it's the colors of the General Lee and some good ol' boys. Never meanin' no harm.

It is a sad fact that the flag which represents a group of people fighting for personal freedom intertwined the enslavement of another group of people into the symbol as well. That's not something that can be segregated (pun intended.)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join