It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of The Offengers

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:15 AM
link   

PORTLAND, Ore. — A couple dozen protesters gathered outside a Portland store Thursday afternoon to rally against racism, and the store's president says they've pulled all Confederate flag merchandise.

Heather Franklin posted a video of her experience at Everyday Deals Extreme Liquidators Wednesday morning. It shows Franklin asking an employee why they were selling a Confederate flag rug.

“So you don’t care about having hate flags on your wall?” she asks a store employee.

He responds by saying, “How is that a hate flag?”

In the video, Franklin was cursed at, and a different man is seen flipping off the camera.

The video prompted the protest.

"It is an offensive symbol that is something that should not be hanging up in an establishment like this," said Jacob Bureros, with Direct Action Alliance. "And we understand that the owner of the store has since taken them down, and we appreciate that. But, yeah, that's definitely not something that should be up in a neighborhood like this, especially in a public establishment."

In the meantime, the president of Everyday Deals Extreme Liquidators, Andrew Toolson, says one employee from the video was suspended. He says all of their Confederate flag gear has been removed, and they've told their supplier to not send it again.

katu.com...

I'm not a big fan of the confederate flag. I don't own one. I've never thought of buying one. I've never considered flying one on my property.

But I'm not going to get bent out of shape if someone else wants one.

Same for the rainbow flag, the Gadsden flag, etc.

The Offengers, the offended with super powers to deny everyone else choice, are at it again in Portland.

Some place was carrying merchandise that had the confederate flag symbol on it. Well, they did.

But The Offengers saved us from having to make the horrible choice of ignoring it or buying it.

I don't think that it right. It only empowers symbols more. The more we freak out over symbols, the more people will freak out in the future.

My gods! Why can't people simply ignore things they don't like?

Rise of The Offengers!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What if the Offengers mortal enemy showed up to educate them? You know, the hairy, morbidly obese chain smoking guy that lives there. That guy.

This could be a huge money making film franchise.

edit on 12-5-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

+18 more 
posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:28 AM
link   

True story.
Last weekend, My wife and I were working on the little house on the farm (where we are moving is somebody ever buys my house) and the neighbors were having a party. The neighbor is a really nice kid, very country. he grew up not far from here. He bought a house with a flagpole. (right next to ours) Being a young kid from the south and an apparent' fan of country music, he hung a confederate flag with Hank Williams Jr on it. So as I was carrying the molding my wife had just painted in, a truck load of black man drove by slowly and yelled something derogatory at the house. Sadly, I was the only one to hear this, as the kids next door were driving around their land on 4 wheelers and couldn't hear much else.

But it made me think. These people who drove by might do more than just yell something next time. And for what? For being so damn stupid they don't understand what they even see? It's a flag. It's the south. Are there any racists down here? Yep. Just like there are racists up north. But not everyone is so simple minded they equate hate and racism to a #ing flag. "Heritage not hate" is on quite a few bumper stickers here. I see that as a feeble attempt to inform the terminally stupid.

So in conclusion, if you see a flag, and it triggers you to think slavery and evil, maybe it's you.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
My lady and I were just talking about putting up flags along with the flowers and landscaping ideas for the year.
We actually had a 20 minute discussion on if putting up a gadsen flag I have would be a bad idea.

The fact that we have to worry about this offending someone when it's on my property is saddening.

Pretty soon we'll be flying white flags if this keeps up.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I don't smoke anymore.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Is this not the same behavior that started the whole "im special" crowd? Did they revert?

I didn't get the )(#$ memo!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Do The Offengers have the right to deny other people their right to choose?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

PORTLAND, Ore. — A couple dozen protesters gathered outside a Portland store Thursday afternoon to rally against racism, and the store's president says they've pulled all Confederate flag merchandise.

Heather Franklin posted a video of her experience at Everyday Deals Extreme Liquidators Wednesday morning. It shows Franklin asking an employee why they were selling a Confederate flag rug.

“So you don’t care about having hate flags on your wall?” she asks a store employee.

He responds by saying, “How is that a hate flag?”

In the video, Franklin was cursed at, and a different man is seen flipping off the camera.

The video prompted the protest.

"It is an offensive symbol that is something that should not be hanging up in an establishment like this," said Jacob Bureros, with Direct Action Alliance. "And we understand that the owner of the store has since taken them down, and we appreciate that. But, yeah, that's definitely not something that should be up in a neighborhood like this, especially in a public establishment."

In the meantime, the president of Everyday Deals Extreme Liquidators, Andrew Toolson, says one employee from the video was suspended. He says all of their Confederate flag gear has been removed, and they've told their supplier to not send it again.

katu.com...

I'm not a big fan of the confederate flag. I don't own one. I've never thought of buying one. I've never considered flying one on my property.

But I'm not going to get bent out of shape if someone else wants one.

Same for the rainbow flag, the Gadsden flag, etc.

The Offengers, the offended with super powers to deny everyone else choice, are at it again in Portland.

Some place was carrying merchandise that had the confederate flag symbol on it. Well, they did.

But The Offengers saved us from having to make the horrible choice of ignoring it or buying it.

I don't think that it right. It only empowers symbols more. The more we freak out over symbols, the more people will freak out in the future.

My gods! Why can't people simply ignore things they don't like?

Rise of The Offengers!

For context , I'm a white guy who has lived in Mississippi the vast majority of my life..

That said the confederate flag is absolutely a hate symbol...

From an American POV it is a symbol of treason ... the confederates trash canned the US constitution , seized about 1/3rd of US sovereign soil , and killed tens of thousands of US service members..

The LEAST patriotic thing you can do as an American is the fly the stars and bars.

But I'm not at all saying that only because of the civil war...

The confederate flag wasn't used from the 1860 to the 1960s. It was resurrected specifically as push back to the civil rights movement, which also is the reason for all the cinfederate monuments and schools named after confederate war heros..

So there is no "proud historical heratige" to be had..

The guy who created it said it was to symbolize the "white mans superiority" and then was resurrected for exactly the same reason.. during the civil rights those pissed about segregation took it up as a symbol ..

Those younger proponents who don't know it's actual history , only fly it because their racist uncle who loved them dearly did..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox

Even if everything you said was true. . . . so what.

Don't people still have the freedom to fly that flag, to have that symbol if they want?

+3 more 
posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   

From an American POV it is a symbol of treason ... the confederates trash canned the US constitution , seized about 1/3rd of US sovereign soil , and killed tens of thousands of US service members..

Does Great Britain see the American flag as a symbol of treason?

*insert awesome meme here*

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

True story.
Last weekend, My wife and I were working on the little house on the farm (where we are moving is somebody ever buys my house) and the neighbors were having a party. The neighbor is a really nice kid, very country. he grew up not far from here. He bought a house with a flagpole. (right next to ours) Being a young kid from the south and an apparent' fan of country music, he hung a confederate flag with Hank Williams Jr on it. So as I was carrying the molding my wife had just painted in, a truck load of black man drove by slowly and yelled something derogatory at the house. Sadly, I was the only one to hear this, as the kids next door were driving around their land on 4 wheelers and couldn't hear much else.

But it made me think. These people who drove by might do more than just yell something next time. And for what? For being so damn stupid they don't understand what they even see? It's a flag. It's the south. Are there any racists down here? Yep. Just like there are racists up north. But not everyone is so simple minded they equate hate and racism to a #ing flag. "Heritage not hate" is on quite a few bumper stickers here. I see that as a feeble attempt to inform the terminally stupid.

So in conclusion, if you see a flag, and it triggers you to think slavery and evil, maybe it's you.

Because the swastika definitely doesn't symbolize hate either..

Which is why people in Germany still fly it to this day..

It's the same with the kkk hood...

It really doesn't symbolize hate, it just symbolizes...

Oh never mind every inch of its history is treason and hate...

From the guy who created it, to the people who resurrected it in the 60s.. all were more than happy to tell anyone who would listen exactly what it stood for..

White superiority....

"Our idea is simply to combine the present battle-flag with a pure white standard sheet; our Southern Cross, blue on a red field, to take the place on the white flag that is occupied by the blue union in the old United States flag, or the St. George’s cross in the British flag. As a people, we are fighting to maintain the Heaven-ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause."

From the horses mouth himself..

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I don't smoke anymore.

I can fix that real quick by lighting you on fire.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Comparing a symbol of pure oppression and slavery to the rainbow pride flag? A symbol of nothing but inclusiveness...
Stopped reading after that to be honest.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

That never would have happened if it had been a truck load of Jews and a swastika...

Oh never mind, yes it would have...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Even if everything you said was true. . . . so what.

Don't people still have the freedom to fly that flag, to have that symbol if they want?

It is all true, and very well documented..

"Our idea is simply to combine the present battle-flag with a pure white standard sheet; our Southern Cross, blue on a red field, to take the place on the white flag that is occupied by the blue union in the old United States flag, or the St. George’s cross in the British flag. As a people, we are fighting to maintain the Heaven-ordained supremacy of the white man over the inferior or colored race; a white flag would thus be emblematical of our cause."

From the horses mouth...

The State and federal government should not make it criminal, people absolutely have the right to boycott, protest and speak out against it..

ANYTHING we make criminal has to inherently be backed by the threat of deadly force...so we shouldn't be alowing the state to jail people unless they are a legit danger to others.. but allowing the flag of traitors to fly over government buildings is mentally disabled..

+1 more 
posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

triggered yet?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

triggered yet?

Makes me want to do awful things to Atlanta.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

They absolutely did, why do you think they went to war over it!

If we lose, then it is absolutely considered a symbol of treason to this day.

We just kicked their butts enough where they had no choice but to except it..

Everything is POV.. and I'm an American.. so to me as an American they are traitors..

To some one who considers themselves a confederate it is a symbol of freedom fighters.. exactly the same way isis supporters consider terrorist freedom fighters.

edit on 12-5-2017 by JoshuaCox because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: JoshuaCox
a reply to: JinMI

They absolutely did, why do you think they went to war over it!

If we lose, then it is absolutely considered a symbol of treason to this day.

We just kicked their butts enough where they had no choice but to except it..

Oh so we see the Union Jack as treasonous...got it!

edit on 12-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join