It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump threatens Comey in new tweet

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
So Trump is reminding Comey not to embellish his stories because there "may" be recordings of the conversations.
But the left will not take the common sense route, they will spin this into something it's not as usual. how sad.

LOL, it's TWITTER Dude, not a PM! I don't see anything in that Tweet about "embellishment" and Trump isn't warning Comey about lying! He's accusing Comey of planning to "leak", and not so subtly suggesting that James Comey is a/the leaker.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Charlyboy

I can only believe that Trump is responding to this recent 5/11/17 NY Times article

Obviously, President Trump is saying that he may have tapes that would contradict what Comey is saying to the press.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

what's both funny and sad is that the left keeps talking like Trump is an idiot, when in fact, he has been using the media for his benefit since he entered the race. Say something outrageous and the dumbass talking heads will run on for hours, days even.

But it's fun to watch the easily triggered become even more "triggered".

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

So Trump is reminding Comey not to embellish his stories because there "may" be recordings of the conversations.
But the left will not take the common sense route, they will spin this into something it's not as usual. how sad.

LOL, it's TWITTER Dude, not a PM! I don't see anything in that Tweet about "embellishment" and Trump isn't warning Comey about lying! He's accusing Comey of planning to "leak", and not so subtly suggesting that James Comey is a/the leaker.

so perhaps you will step up. What can Trump do with tapes of conversations with Comey other than prove what was actually said?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
What's even sadder is that so many folks are still falling for the "right" and "left" control factor.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

originally posted by: jtma508
a reply to: butcherguy

Seriously??? You don't think the phrase '...better hope there's no tapes of our conversations...' isn't a veiled threat? Seriously?? You don't hear the 'or else' implied? Why, then, would Comey give a rat's ass if there were tapes UNLESS he (Comey) was at-risk for some reason. Willfully blind, dude.

Yes.
Seriously.
One can read into it to dream up a veiled threat, if they were so inclined, but it is just as likely that he was warning him that it would be a stupid thing for Comey to do (whether leaking or taping) and would just cause himself problems down the road.

Not blind.... just reading a cryptic tweet without blinders over my eyes.

So, why would Trump issue a "cryptic" (your word) tweet?

Cryptic implies an attempt to hide, or conceal.

What is it that Trump is trying to hide, and from whom, and why.

Thought Trump was supposed to be "above" deceit and opacity?
edit on 12-5-2017 by Bhadhidar because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

so perhaps you will step up. What can Trump do with tapes of conversations with Comey other than prove what was actually said?

If Trump has tapes that implicate James Comey in a lie or some kind of misrepresentation, then he should release them to the proper authorities, and put the issue to rest. Using Twitter to publically intimidate a witness is not a smart move.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

what's both funny and sad is that the left keeps talking like Trump is an idiot, when in fact, he has been using the media for his benefit since he entered the race. Say something outrageous and the dumbass talking heads will run on for hours, days even.

I have to admit, this tweet is quite ingenious. Obviously, the press and democrats will get worked up and demand that these tapes be released. Trump will be 'forced' to give them up. It is getting to be obvious how he is playing them to be able to just get the truth out. If he just offered such tapes...it would be a conspiracy or some such. Let them demand them instead! Hahaha!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:54 AM
link   

If Trump has tapes that implicate James Comey in a lie or some kind of misrepresentation, then he should release them to the proper authorities, and put the issue to rest. Using Twitter to publically intimidate a witness is not a smart move.

so keeping Comey honest is somehow "dishonest"

LOL, only in the eyes of someone who "thinks" like ya'll.

thanks for never disappointing in making me smile.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

8D Chess

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts

I have to admit, this tweet is quite ingenious. Obviously, the press and democrats will get worked up and demand that these tapes be released. Trump will be 'forced' to give them up. It is getting to be obvious how he is playing them to be able to just get the truth out. If he just offered such tapes...it would be a conspiracy or some such. Let them demand them instead! Hahaha!

look up one post from yours. You NAILED it.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Charlyboy

It is very interesting that after the hearings of Clapper and Yates Comey got fired.

People is not looking at the big picture, Clapper admitted to know who the unmasker was and he also said in the hearings that he may have known who leaked the information, then Comey got fired

We know for a fact that Comey has a long history with the Clintons and associates, worth over 6 million dollars since 2004, also he is always around when the Clintons has been in trouble along with lynch, then he got the FBI position and Lynch the justice department.

Favor made, Favor paid.

That is how the Clintons work, so I will say that Comey was tainted by the Clintons because of associations.

Trump is taunting Comey publicly, I wonder why, what Trump knows about Comey that has call him a leaker on a tweet

That is what people should be looking at.

edit on 12-5-2017 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
What's even sadder is that so many folks are still falling for the "right" and "left" control factor.

I see it more as a litmus test for sanity.

Right= If he's guilty, put him in jail, but I'll wait for evidence

Left= Waaaa! Waaaa! Lock him up, treason!!! Impeachment? I don't care that there's no proof, he's orange and I don't like him.

that's the "sad" part I was talking about.

link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I see it more as a litmus test for sanity.

Right= If he's guilty, put him in jail, but I'll wait for evidence

Left= Waaaa! Waaaa! Lock him up, treason!!! Impeachment? I don't care that there's no proof, he's orange and I don't like him.

that's the "sad" part I was talking about.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I'm going into a complete different direction with this. This sounds like a hidden message that only Comey would understand. What if this was the go ahead from Trump to him with whatever they cooked up to crush the Clintons? Making it look like a "threat" is a pretty good way of concealing the real meaning. If Trump really managed to flip Comey then the people who treated him like a joke are in deep trouble. I don't think anyone enjoys being the lapdog for the Clintons for too long.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

So is that the purpose of this chaos, to psychologically trigger and govern the minority party?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:05 AM
link   

so keeping Comey honest is somehow "dishonest"

Witness intimidation is illegal, and in Trump's case it constitutes an abuse of power, in my opinion.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Is Comey involved in a trial? How come he is a witness?

He's just another unemployed free american.

link   
a reply to: Bhadhidar

It may or may not have been intentionally cryptic.

Again, you are reading something into it that isn't necessarily there, that he is hiding something. He may be hiding something, I don't know.

link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

So is that the purpose of this chaos, to psychologically trigger and govern the minority party?

Looking back at the chaos they selfinflicted and in going full retard i don't think it takes too much to trigger them. Feinstein,Waters,McCain and so on are all on the record saying stupid things that hurt the russian collusion narrative. Either they are really really really really dumb or they went off script without realizing it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join