It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sessions issues sweeping new criminal charging policy

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: luthier

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad

originally posted by: luthier
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

What about the pharmaceutical suppliers, Dr's, pharmacies and general culture?

Maybe the way forward is to keep people from wanting to try drugs that are extremely toxic and addictive. Regardless of their legality. Once they are using them well they are if physically addicted in a state of mental illness. Prevention, rehab, community policing, how about we try and help people and situation rather than punish. Ince tives usually work better than punishment. In poverty jail is hardly the worst case scenario.

I agree with a possession charge, but the problem is most of the users do illegal activities to pay for their addiction. Like robbing local businesses, houses, and individuals in their communities. They tend to also already be on the government tit, whether it be welfare, foodstamps, or whatever other government handout they can get their hands on.

Well they tried testing welfare folks for drugs and actually found your totally wrong. In Florida they decided the tests alone were more expensive than kicking people off welfare because there were not very many.

And if you look at the opioid stats. The largest growth for the last 5 years has been white middle class men.

Your response actually shows how little you understand of the treatment and prevention approach.

We're talking about drug dealers/users not everyone on welfare as a whole. Please show me where I said most of the people on welfare are also on drugs please...I'll wait.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

We pay them to "get results", even when they are manufactured. Basic science, like the link between the heavy lead contamination in the 50's thru 70's created the major boom in violent behavior we saw in the 70's and 80's. I can speak personally from school experience. The kids who went to my high school and graduated in the 80's scared my teachers to death. It was a small town school (200 students in high school total), and the thought of small town kids being so scary baffled me. BUt its also the oilfield, and lead contamination was very high in the area back then. Its likely still high in soil buried a couple feet down, as the soil erosion in the cotton fields relays the topsoil across the region with every haboob.

But back to my point: we elect people based onf ear response. "They are gonna take your guns". "They are gonna let everyone out of prison". "They are gonna roll back civil rights 100 years".

No one votes FOR someone. THey vote AGAINST someone. And just like a restaurant, when people vote they always order the same item on the menu.

Yes. Sessions is a big green turd.

new topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join