It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump claims he came up with the phrase "prime the pump"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Ooooh!!! Burn!!!

AFAIK, Trump actually did invent the phrase Prime the Pump.

I dont see why thats so hard to believe. Its not like he was borne yesterday.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm
a reply to: Azureblue

Maybe the report on it because it illustrates what a completely self centered moron we have running things and that should be a concern to everyone in this country.

You'd have to be really, really dumb to think you're the first person to ever say "Prime the Pump." Even more of an idiot to then recount the memory of yourself saying it and try to attribute that phrase to yourself like it's some kind of discovery on your part.

Why on earth would anyone in their right mind think they're the originator of a three word phrase like "Prime the Pump"???

How insecure do you have to be to think you came up with that and use it as a type of accomplishment story???

Overall it's insignificant yes. But it's yet another click forward on the "Our President is from Idiocracy" scale of things.

Did you read my post?? I suggest that you read it again.

cheers

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

He must be speaking a language only you cultists can understand

You should really check a person's post history before making such idiotic comments.

So true. I only ever address partisan issues if I know someone's post history already. Well said.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

People do this sh1it to me every other week at work. So the POTUS did it, deal with it. I have to...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   
As long as President Trump keeps saying things to keep Democrats distracted from finding a viable 2020 candidate, until it's too late, I'm thrilled.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:26 AM
link   

Europe had lever operated water pumps (called Parish Pumps) well before Columbus sailed and therefore before America existed.

These pumps required a small amount of water be poured into the top to achieve enough of a seal to get the water pumping.

The phrase "priming the pump" predates America.

Trump can say such things because he has confidence that the people of the US have been kept ignorant.

That is why he can also initiate the purges of potential leadership and no-one starts yelling in fear that "this is what dictators have ALWAYS done when establishing their control".

(post by FelisOrion removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop
a reply to: Bone75

Ooooh!!! Burn!!!

AFAIK, Trump actually did invent the phrase Prime the Pump.

I dont see why thats so hard to believe. Its not like he was borne yesterday.

See, you don't know!

... Ignorance is strength, war is peace and freedom is slavery in the "great" America.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:31 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

This is what you're describing, chr0naut. We still do this to get water for the flower pots, at the country cemetery where grandma is buried. Only difference is that there's no water hose. Instead, you leave water in the bucket for the next person who needs to use the pump. (note: Vid appears to have been made by a hyperactive person. Annoying...but brief.)

Donald Trump has been under a lot of stress lately...a lot even for him.

edit on 5/12/2017 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:44 AM
link   
THIS IS NOT THE MUD PIT!

Post to the topic, not each other.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Check the chorus of this '63 tune.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Stop with the petty crap Trump, just do your job.

No, stop with the petty crap media, just do your job.

Trump is playing the media big time - he knows he can control the narrative with these statements! When media and votes alike keep talking about the size of his hands, the size of his crowds, whether he invented a phrase and all the these other fundamentally unimportant statements, focus is lost on the things that really matters.

This "prime the pump thing has become" international news, making and thus replacing headlines days after Trump fired the director of the FBI, for christ's sake. How is that for losing focus?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:17 AM
link   
NEWS FLASH: Anything anybody says is not unique. It has all been said before. Trump you are no different sir. The very words I'm using right now have been said many many times.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deplorable
Check the chorus of this '63 tune.

Trump was 17 years old at the time. They must have stolen it from him.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DupontDeux

Stop with the petty crap Trump, just do your job.

No, stop with the petty crap media, just do your job.

Trump is playing the media big time - he knows he can control the narrative with these statements! When media and votes alike keep talking about the size of his hands, the size of his crowds, whether he invented a phrase and all the these other fundamentally unimportant statements, focus is lost on the things that really matters.

This "prime the pump thing has become" international news, making and thus replacing headlines days after Trump fired the director of the FBI, for christ's sake. How is that for losing focus?

I see what you are .......Oh look, something shiny!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
As long as President Trump keeps saying things to keep Democrats distracted from finding a viable 2020 candidate, until it's too late, I'm thrilled.

wow. setting the bar lower every day.

you all will have to start digging a trench for it soon....it is phenomenal how low you are willing to set your standards in your frantic defense of this madman. You wanted this, you voted for it....now all you can say is "well, as long as the next President elected isn't one the Dems want." ????

This country is continuing to function (if you can call it that) DESPITE Trump's win. NOTHING good has come of it. You're going to skip that part and just crow about 2020?

Good god.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: mOjOm

I'm pretty sure he meant he's never heard it used in a political context... but carry on. At least you're funny.

Uh. Yeah. Is there a point where in the course of going to unreasonable extremes to defend even the overtly stupid things that Presi-dunce Trump says/does, that you feel a little bit of your soul turning to dust and sloughing off?

edit on 2017-5-12 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Uh. Yeah. Is there a point where in the course of going to unreasonable extremes to defend even the overtly stupid things that Presi-dunce Trump says/does, that you feel a little bit of your soul turning to dust and sloughing off?

Unreasonable extremes?

Unlike yourself, I can REALLY not like someone and still remain objective.

Since when did you of all people start considering Trump to be a well-articulated man?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Oh. And also -- you know what?
Remember that thread you (yes, YOU) made about how single-payer healthcare would be a good idea, and not that expensive? I was proud of you that day. Pleasantly surprised, and it gave me a glimmer of hope.

And so, I just want to say --- in light of what you said above, how about this:
If Trump 'leads' our country to single-payer health care, even i will allow him to claim he invented it. At that point it doesn't matter whose idea it was. And I have NO DOUBT he will try to take credit for it. Just let him think that, if he must. Since he's emotionally about seven years old.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join