It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump claims he came up with the phrase "prime the pump"

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:54 AM
link   
So I've never considered myself a Trump supporter. I voted libertarian like I usually do,I have however defended him on multiple occasions. But even defending him these days is getting harder and harder, I like some of the moves he makes but then he goes and does something weird like this and makes a joke out of himself.

Stop with the petty crap Trump, just do your job.

Anyway here's the quote where he claims to have came up with the phrase "priming the pump", which has been in use for..well...a while let's say.

"Have you heard that expression used before? Because I haven't heard it. I mean, I just ... I came up with it a couple of days ago and I thought it was good. It's what you have to do," Trump said during an interview with editors for The Economist.

www.google.com...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Priming the pump was an expression I heard on the farm in the 1960s. A windmill that pumps water has a wind driven pump built into it and to get water the pump had to be primed by puring water into it.

THis expression is also used in relation to dozens of mechanical engines.

Given that trump has never been inovled with or intereacted with people who do such work, its possible and credible that he has not heard this expression before.

In any event, why is the media raising such minor matters? More attack on Trump and more distraction for the masses come to mind ?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Is he not involved in economics either?

President Trump in an interview published Thursday said he invented the phrase "priming the pump," a common saying used in economics.

And yes it's a minor issue, I agree. It's petty for the media to focus on it but it's also petty for a person to claim they created a phrase. Petty-ness on both sides just like the whole inaugural attendance fiasco.
edit on 12-5-2017 by Quantumgamer1776 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Azureblue

Maybe the report on it because it illustrates what a completely self centered moron we have running things and that should be a concern to everyone in this country.

You'd have to be really, really dumb to think you're the first person to ever say "Prime the Pump." Even more of an idiot to then recount the memory of yourself saying it and try to attribute that phrase to yourself like it's some kind of discovery on your part.

Why on earth would anyone in their right mind think they're the originator of a three word phrase like "Prime the Pump"???

How insecure do you have to be to think you came up with that and use it as a type of accomplishment story???

Overall it's insignificant yes. But it's yet another click forward on the "Our President is from Idiocracy" scale of things.
edit on 12-5-2017 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Seriously?

He said he never heard it, and assumed. He went on to use it as an analogy and TheHill takes it as him coining the phrase!

Wow folks.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
a reply to: mOjOm

I'm pretty sure he meant he's never heard it used in a political context... but carry on. At least you're funny.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:18 AM
link   
Signs of dementia ? Not the first time Trump has made such stupid claim this year.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Overall it's insignificant yes. But it's yet another click forward on the "Our President is from Idiocracy" scale of things.

LOL I bet you'll be one of the first people in line to vote for The Rock.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75
a reply to: mOjOm

I'm pretty sure he meant he's never heard it used in a political context... but carry on. At least you're funny.

He must be speaking a language only you cultists can understand or the man is an idiot since everything he says can be misinterpreted
Which is it ?
edit on 12-5-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Wait, what...Al Gore invented the internets...Nvm... meet the new boss...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

He must be speaking a language only you cultists can understand

You should really check a person's post history before making such idiotic comments.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Al Gore invented the internet. Trump is slackin.

Edit to add:
Nvm. Beat me to it.
"Mission Accomplished"
edit on 12-5-2017 by pirhanna because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Did you even read the quote? He literally says "I came up with it a couple days ago"

Would it be ok with you if I said "have you ever heard AboveTopSecret before...I've never heard it...I mean I came up with it a couple days ago and really thought it had a nice ring"

My taking some kind of credit for that doesn't bother you just a little? It wouldnt strike you as kind of odd?
edit on 12-5-2017 by Quantumgamer1776 because: Pickles

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

Did you even read the quote? He literally says "I came up with it a couple days ago"

Would it be ok with you if I said "have you ever heard AboveTopSecret before...I've never heard it...I mean I came up with it a couple days ago and really thought it had a nice ring"

My taking some kind of credit for that doesn't bother you just a little? It would strike you as kind of odd?

If he never heard of it, he may have thought that. I suppose you never hear of the same song titles either eh?

Hey if you guys want to carry on about this be my guest.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: ErrorErrorError

He must be speaking a language only you cultists can understand

You should really check a person's post history before making such idiotic comments.

Your posting history is not worth my time, but I know a Trump apologist when I see one.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   
a reply to: pirhanna

Nvm. Beat me to it.

that isn't in keeping with the spirit of this thread, your suppose to claim first rights, now stay on topic...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Same song titles? What does that have to do with anything? If that's the premise you'd like to equate with this ok.

If I claim to have never heard of Led Zeppelin, I can write a song and claim to have came up with the title "stairway to heaven"? Cause you can't prove I heard of it before so it's cool right?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Only if he changes his name so I can call him "President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Johnson Camacho"

(post by Bone75 removed for a manners violation)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Only if he changes his name so I can call him "President Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Johnson Camacho"

I so hope he picks Jesse Ventura as his running mate. I'll start watching television again if that happens.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join