It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI raid of GOP consulting firm not related to Russia, firm president says

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:15 AM
link   
FBI raid of GOP consulting firm not related to Russia, firm president says

When news broke Thursday that the FBI had just raided a Republican consulting firm in Annapolis, Maryland, people across Twitter immediately leapt to one conclusion — the Russia investigation.

But according to Strategic Campaign Group’s president, Kelley Rogers, the FBI’s warrant had nothing to do with the ongoing investigation into the Trump administration’s ties to Russia. Instead, Rogers told the local Capital Gazette, the raid concerned work the company did on a failed 2013 campaign for Virginia governor, which the candidate, Republican former Virginia Attorney General Ken Cuccinelli, had once sued the company over.

Click link for entire article...

Since a lot of people raised this issue in some of the Russia Trump threads I thought I would post it so we can remove the speculation on this topic from those already cluttered threads.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

At some point, people will need a few paragraphs down from the headlines.

I seem to remember reading being fundamental.

edit on 12-5-2017 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Cases like this are not unheard of over the years. Sometimes the politicians themselves are arrested. Remember Rod Blagojevich was arrested and sentenced to 14 years in prison for bribery, extortion, and all kinds of stuff.

Democrats from Illinois are bad news!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Interestingly enough that lobbying group was run by.... wait for it.....

MANAFORT & STONE

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: AnonyMason

Care to share a link?

www.conservativestrikeforce.com...
strategiccampaigngroup.com...

It is like saying the FBI raided DisneyLand and im linked to it because I visited there once -

The firm is touted for pioneering the use of technology in political campaigns, and it represents GOP candidates nationwide. The firm's website said one of its principles was formerly associated with a firm operated by Paul Manafort, who is the former Trump campaign manager whose business dealings with Russia are under intense scrutiny.

The only media reporting on it are left / Democratic sources.

edit on 12-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Ummm..wow.

Anony...you're really reaching here bud.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

It's not a reach. It's a fact. That group was co founded by Manafort and Stone.

Dennis Whitfield, Senior Advisor Of FBI-Raided Strategic Campaign Group, Linked To Paul Manafort, Roger Stone

Stone and Manafort, two of President Donald Trump’s former senior advisors who are now being investigated by the FBI for possible collusions with Russia during the 2016 presidential election campaign, are the co-founders of Black, Manafort, Stone and Kelly, the political consulting firm where Whitfield served as a the director in the later part of his career

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   

What you linked does not make your original post true.

Interestingly enough that lobbying group was run by.... wait for it.....

Was Black, Manafort, Stone and Kelly raided?

They are linked in the past.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

It probably means nothing that Whitfield also went on to work for Prime Policy Group? The lobbying firm that was run by Viktor Fedorovych Yanukovych, the former Ukrainian President now hiding in Russia?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Yeah, you might want to quit while your ahead, you've already demonstrated your russian phobia in one thread, lets not make a fool of ourselves in this thread as well kiddo

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Haven't looked yet further into it. Just going off of your original statement.

I don't want to alarm you, but we trade with Russia.
www.census.gov...

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:37 AM
link   
I like how Trump denies having any ties to Russia, then tweets this, then meets with two Russians in the same day.

Top kek.

Meanwhile, if it comes to a Hillary trial, I only assume it will look like this:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Mordekaiser

Senate Judiciary Chair Hints That Comey Revealed Trump Not Under Investigation

Trump is not the subject of the investigation. The Trump-Russia "claim" by Democrats deals with collusion between the trump campaign and russia in order to win the election for Trump.

You're kinda taking the no russia connection thing a bit to broadly.
edit on 12-5-2017 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Arnie123

It's not phobia. Just curious little details. And I'm never really ahead around here.

Obviously we trade with Russia.

I'm wondering why you think the FBI wouldn't cover up a raid if it was linked to an on going investigation. The Bureau is very clear about it. No media coverage, no statements, etc. Intelligence agencies are pretty damn good at manipulating the media coverage they receive.

Such information is protected from public disclosure, in accordance with current law and Department of Justice and FBI policy. This policy preserves the integrity of the investigation and the privacy of individuals involved in the investigation prior to any public charging for violations of the law. It also serves to protect the rights of people not yet charged with a crime.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Senate Judiciary Chair Hints That Comey Revealed Trump Not Under Investigation

Trump is not the subject of the investigation. The Trump-Russia "claim" by Democrats deals with collusion between the trump campaign and russia in order to win the election for Trump.

You're kinda taking the no Russia connection thing a bit to broadly.

Yes, I understand this, but while simultaneously having 'no connections' to Russia and the illegal stuff, the administration is OFFICIALLY dealing with Russia a # ton compared to previous admins. The raw irony. Yesterday alone he spoke with a minister of both Russia and Ukraine, and this is hardly the first of this stuff.

What exactly does he expect people to think generally about this? Nothing of it, or to see there, obviously I guess.
edit on 12-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

He could shed his skin and announce that he is satan incarnate. No one would bat an eye. His support base would find some way to spin it into 'meh, no big deal. nothing to see here'.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:53 AM
link   

That's because the Country needed a Republican business platform, not because it condones evil.

The real issue is a Rock would have beat Hillary, if it was Republican, this cycle.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnonyMason

He could shed his skin and announce that he is satan incarnate. No one would bat an eye. His support base would find some way to spin it into 'meh, no big deal. nothing to see here'.

Just like the left has done with Hillary.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:06 AM
link   

Trump has not been linked to anything illegal with Russia and the optics would be he is going to continue to do his job while the investigation continues.

Something Democrats in the Senate need to do.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join