It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is this, crypto creature

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It was washed up in Indonesia

Hairy, tusks, 15 meters long
Well they look like tusks to me
Leaves me with a lot of questions. Its being called a squid, not much squiddy about it
I wonder what else is in the ocean we havnt seen

Wish the video was better, why do we never see better videos, more detail of these things

TBA
The decaying remains of an unidentified sea creature have washed up on the coast of Indonesia.

Asrul Tuanakota, a local resident of Seram Island in the Maluku province, discovered the 15m long carcass on Tuesday night, the Jakarta Globe reports.

He initially mistook the vast bloated mass for a stranded boat.

Close-up footage shows a twisted mass of discoloured skin that is a rich rusty brown-red into the waters.

Read more at www.9news.com.au...
edit on 11-5-2017 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Looks like a Dune navigator fell out of his ship.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
looks like a dead whale to me.
That would smell soooo bad.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:31 PM
link   
My gosh, that's awfully interesting and kind of gross.
They say it's a whale? The 'hair' comes from an algae then?
I thought that it was some sort of 60 year old sea cow (like manatee).
That certainly would add interest to a beach vacation...would need to poke and prod it just a little.
Totally gross but, cool. Thanks!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
That certainly would add interest to a beach vacation...would need to poke and prod it just a little.

They said it was a squid, maybe a whale, it has 3 or 4 meter tusks
Its not a whale or a squid as far as I can tell, well not one seen before

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
It was washed up in Indonesia

Hairy, tusks, 15 meters long
Well they look like tusks to me
Leaves me with a lot of questions. Its being called a squid, not much squiddy about it
I wonder what else is in the ocean we havnt seen

Wish the video was better, why do we never see better videos, more detail of these things

TBA
The decaying remains of an unidentified sea creature have washed up on the coast of Indonesia.

Asrul Tuanakota, a local resident of Seram Island in the Maluku province, discovered the 15m long carcass on Tuesday night, the Jakarta Globe reports.

He initially mistook the vast bloated mass for a stranded boat.

Close-up footage shows a twisted mass of discoloured skin that is a rich rusty brown-red into the waters.

Read more at www.9news.com.au...

Says decomposed whale at the bottom.

The carcass is actually a whale, which took on an alien-like appearance thanks to decomposition.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Almost looks like a narwhal, but the tusk is as smooth as a elephants...

But has the frontal forehead structure so could be either a narwhal or a decaying elephant.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:02 PM
link   

It says it's a dead whale in the article you linked to....

so I'm guessing dead whale.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

They said it was a squid, maybe a whale, it has 3 or 4 meter tusks
Its not a whale or a squid as far as I can tell, well not one seen before

Google whale skull, those "tusks" are its lower jaw.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Same thing that washed up in Egypt in 1950:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   
I think that "the whale" alot of people are referring in this thread to is a separate case in the Philipines that has a photo gallery embedded in the story about the unknown creature in Indonesia

At the bottom it just says a fire chief says it could be a squid or whale

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Interesting. What you see as tusks could be the teeth, though. I have some fossilized giant squid teeth - fun little gift from the hubby - that are pretty wicked-looking!

The general shape, where we can see eyes does seem to be that of a squid body, at least to me. Still, if so, it's HUGE. The kid walking near it looks teeny in comparison. Wonder what the live length would have been, with tentacles??

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Have to add; they do NOT sy this is a whale. They say it's debated between whale and squid, and that one found earlieer was a whale -

Since its discovery, locals have been at odds as to whether it's a giant squid of the remains of a whale. This is not the first time an unknown mass has been found around a shore line. In February this year, a giant white hairy blob surfaced on a beach in the Philippines. Weighing two tonnes and measuring almost 7m in length, locals speculated the creature was some sort of undiscovered dugong. The carcass is actually a whale, which took on an alien-like appearance thanks to decomposition.

The head area looks more like a squid to me.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

I thought squid and octopi had beaks?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: hiddenNZ

Both, it would seem -

Eight thick arms speckled with 2-inch wide toothed suckers guide prey from the feeding tentacles to a sharp beak in the center of the arms, where the prey is sliced into bite-sized pieces. These bites are further cut and ground by the radula, a tongue-like organ covered with rows of teeth, that is inside the squid's beak.

source

Cool creatures, eh??

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Whale.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

The last sentence of your quote is expanded in the image captions:

"The carcass is actually a whale, which took on an alien-like appearance thanks to decomposition. There was speculation the creature had been killed by a recent earthquake, but officials on Thursday said the whale was probably struck by a ship"

So, a whale, I guess. The squid thing seems to be speculation from the locals and also a fire chief referring to a similar find in Mexico last year.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ridhya
Same thing that washed up in Egypt in 1950:

Yep, that sure looks like it no question
i searched for similar but couldnt find anything

Thats it I am sure
Great find

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Looks like a squid to me.

About 20 years ago I was reading the Big Weekend in Saturdays West and in there was a feature on such big creatures.

One article was about big squid that was washed up somewhere. It was about 3 times as high as a bloke stands and it had a tentacle about 100+ metres long.

There was also an article about about a submarine that was going along nicely and all of a sudden the speed of the vessel was retarded for some minutes to about 2 thirds of the speed without any loss in engine power.

Some months later when they were in dry dock there were sucker marks about 300mm in diameter (about the size of dinner plate) and spaced about 6-700mm apart.

The inspection also revealed a small nick in the steel hull of the vessel inside the sucker marks.

Another story was about two blokes standing on the deck of an oceanographic vessel off the coast of Mexico. They were watching a whale in the water near them which was behaving oddly. All of a sudden, they saw the whale begin to thrash about and almost at the same time a tentacle come up out of the water and wrapped itself around the whale and pulled it under the water.

The blokes found the noise of the whales back breaking sickening. They estimated the thickest part of the tentacle ( and that's all they saw,) to be about 2 metres in diameter.

edit on 12-5-2017 by Azureblue because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:45 AM
link   
It's the remains of a Blue whale.
As eNumbra said in an earlier post above, those tusks are the displaced jaw bone.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join