It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is This China's New Drone Bomber?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: penroc3

Then there was no reason for them to develop a boost glide weapon. They could just use existing ICBMs.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

MAD pretty much guarantees no one is going to go nuclear. China or any other sane player isn't stupid. They know the US carries the biggest nuclear stick and won't go there. We won't either.
The only wild card in this equation is North Korea. If they use a nuke, every other country that might have any sort of ties to them will leave that party with them holding the check in a big hurry.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Sammamishman

MAD also makes sure there are no wars that threaten any nuclear powers' homelands. We might fight on the peripheries, but no longer do World Wars, at least until someone finds a way to make nukes utterly useless at least.

I've been tempted to point this out to the nuclear disarmament folks: nukes, the greatest destructive power ever harnessed by humanity, has been the single greatest tool of peace. Ever.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

ahem.

There may not be a reason to, but the Chinese, Russians and the US have been working on boost glide weapons again.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I guess i see a war with China going nuclear anyway, it seem like it would have to see the use of tactical nukes, maybe even IRBM's.

China has VERY high troop numbers that our ground forces could not face to face, even with our superior training and tech there are just so many of them that it would almost demand the use of weapons that can clear masses of troops out quickly.

Maybe that would be a situation where the US would break out some of the real toys and leave the nukes at home even if they did hit a carrier with a conventional or even a nuclear weapon.

there's whispers of hammers a lot scarier than nukes, but that's sci fi so never mind

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:24 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Ahem. Did you read the context? There is no reason to develop a boost glide weapon with a nuclear warhead for the antiship role. A boost glide weapon is stoppable, an ICBM on the other hand, is almost unstoppable with current antimissile systems.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   

We wouldn't be facing their ground troops. We'd be facing their air force and navy. There is almost no situation in which we would attempt an invasion of China where their ground troops could make a difference.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:53 PM
link   

so we are at war with China,

we fight there air and naval forces and decimate those.

then what? saw we won because we took there air and sea power out? you don't think they would be sending their troops in (maybe as a last ditch effort to draw us into a fight) to nations that are US friends, maybe even let NK off the chain then we are forced into a ground battle.

i don't see any major conflict with out some ground compunet

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   

North Korea isn't a Chinese puppet, as much as people think they are. Their relationship has radically changed in recent years.

And once their air and sea power is gone, and we have dominance, any of their ground forces are screwed. They wouldn't be able to get all their ground forces into play, and we still wouldn't invade them.

If they can't fight, what are they going to do? They can send ground troops to the slaughter, but that would be about it.

posted on May, 14 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   

There is absolutely no reason for the US/NATO to go to war with China. Far too much to lose for both sides. If it's North Korea you're referring to, that's almost certainly a no go from the start. The much vaunted relationship between China and North Korea is not nearly so cut and dried as all that. Too many times North Korea has turned on them and gone to Russia/the Soviet Union for their aid...China doesn't trust 'em, and really hasn't since the death of Kim Il-Sung in '94...they'll make noises of eternal friendship and what not, but in reality they're not going to fight for North Korea, again.

If the worst should happen, the US and it's allies are not about to invade mainland China. That would be foolish in the extreme. But their navy, and air force would be attacked--and likely defeated. What does China do then? Escalate by launching nuclear weapons? Why? What could they possibly hope to gain? We know what they'd lose...everything. So, too, would everyone else.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:32 AM
link   

of course they're not the puppets they once were(NK that is) but it could be a useful tool if tensions got a little hot.

i just think Asia in general is getting very hot right now and we might see something pop off there soom

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I disagree. Tensions are high, but I don't think we'll see anything pop off soon. We might see a local incident or three, but I don't think we're going to see anything major happening.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: penroc3

of course they're not the puppets they once were(NK that is) but it could be a useful tool if tensions got a little hot.

i just think Asia in general is getting very hot right now and we might see something pop off there soom

According to Pentagons simmulations. A attack on NK dident go to well. Specially for SK. The US would also probabbly have to move their carrier fleet quite a distanse from NK. This in Return Plays a role that US fighter must fly longer distanses and spend more time flying to and from targets. This would also disrupt the momentum.

US and SK air Crafts station on SK airfields would be a high probable target for NK. This could also dsisrupt the momentum if they are hit.

I dont think we will see anything but media hype.
edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: spy66

The forces in South Korea are nothing but a tripwire force anyway. They're basically there to die hard and try to slow down North Korean forces until reinforcements can arrive.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   

True, however the sk sf are hardcore warriors impressive even to seals. They will jump right in seeking to cause as much carnage to nk as possible. They'll be taking the fight to the enemey deep into their territory hitting hard the whole time.

posted on May, 15 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Oh, they'll hurt the NK forces, don't get me wrong. But with what's there, compared to what's coming at them, there's not much they can do but slow them long enough for more forces to arrive.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 04:02 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Appears to be real and has flown.

www.janes.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
China has always been about expansion..NK is just a small country trying to be big in the world led by your run of the mill Tyrant.Targets for NK would be SK and Japan..Knocking out US bases nearby will leave them a slower response time..Russia will drag their heels to do anything.China will most likely take advantage of the situation and invade south probably as south as Vietnam.
The new missile is obviously a Carrier killer to keep the US fleets at bay.
edit on 28-7-2017 by Blackfinger because: added a bit

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

Looking at that thing.

It will have to be launched via a truck won't it.

I don't see them launching that thing via a tube launcher.

posted on Jul, 28 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580
Most likely a centrepoint hardpoint.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join