It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elderly couple dies holding hands after 62 years together

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Ya'll know how much I love these stories... Truly gives me hope in this fallen world...

“We got him over to the nursing home with mama,” the couple’s daughter, Donetta Nichols, told the news station. “They had pushed their little beds together, and mama was laying right there, facing him. She was asleep, and Daddy goes, and he reached over there, and he grabbed a hold of her hand, and he just laid there with her, and it was so sweet.” Tom Ledbetter died a short time later. His wife followed not long after.
source

So lovely...

“Their love was a testimony to many, and was surely a match made in heaven,” the death notice read. “Although the family is filled with sadness, they are left with many loving memories until the time comes that they are all together again.”

From another source:

Tom and Delma Ledbetter met while in their early 20s and living in Florida
Tom held Delma's hand on their first 'date' and they married three weeks later
They had two daughters, seven grandchildren and seven great-grandchildren
Within days of Delma falling ill in April, Tom got sick and joined her at the hospice
Tom passed away first, with Delma following just an hour and a half later
Their relationship started and ended with the loving couple holding hands
source

Hang on to those you love - hang on to your marriages - God Bless.

peace

edit on 1917Thursday201713 by silo13 because: edit in new pic

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   
this might be the sweetest thing I've ever seen.

my parents have been married over 55 years, I would love for them to pass on like this, together. I hope this is how my husband and I pass on...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: silo13

You had me up until the pic... they look dead already. It's a bit morbid, honestly.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

It's a cool story. For me, I'm not sure I want to die in hospital bed. They charge so much. I think I might want a more abrupt ending. It's too bad the health insurance cartel doesn't allow legalized suicide centers. Just think how much money we could prevent the hospitals from getting! Talk about BIG government getting in the way of our most important freedom.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Does everything have to be a political rant?

On Topic....Some loves are so strong they can't or just don't want to go on without the other. Sad that more marriages end up in divorce, rather than working it out. Nice to see these 2 hold on to the end.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

What a beautiful story.
I hope me and mine are this fortunate.

Minus the nursing home.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
a reply to: BeefNoMeat

Are they? Oh no. I'll have to check and remove it if they are.

Thanks for letting me know!

EDIT TO ADD: Yeah, looking at it again it was too morbid. I changed it to a much nicer capture.

Thanks again.

peace
edit on 0918Thursday201713 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

No problem. Thanks for reminding us of the humanity we are capable of! And nice pic of them in their formative years

edit on 11-5-2017 by BeefNoMeat because: their

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Awww......

Much better.

Im sure this is how they would like to be remembered.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

awww, it wasn't morbid, it was real and it was lovely...

we get old, and it isn't pretty, but it's certainly NOT morbid.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 11:49 AM
link   
I read the title and thought, "that's what happens when you don't keep your hands on the wheel"

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Wow.

That's something alright.

Must be hard on the kids to lose both parents at once- even as an adult.

I know my grandma cries sometimes and wishes she had passed when my papa did..... but we are sure glad she didn't.

I personally regret clicking the source and seeing the photo. I'll get over it eventually, just personally triggering. I'm sure we'll all see someone elderly that we love lifeless at some point so I'll take solace that I'm not alone.

Rest up cute sweet old couple.

-Alee
edit on 5/11/2017 by NerdGoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
love this story. im an old sap and have a similar life's love

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Heartwarming story. A couple that I knew died 6 weeks of each other. One had been sick, and passed at home. The other had a heart attack at home, and was gone before the EMS got there. I'm certain that he died of a broken heart. They were in their mid 80's at the time. They had three children, and many grandchildren.

On a lighter note, my husband jokes that he hopes he passes in his sleep, not screaming like his passengers (morbid humor, I know!) All joking aside, may we ALL live long lives, and has someone we cherish -and who cherishes us - by our side.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:18 PM
link   
It's a real thing and happens quite a bit. In my case my brother's wife died suddenly last year as he tried to save her. Less than two months later he died too. the coroner said his body just gave up, and that he died of a broken heart...so sad.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Cutting onions over here....

Thanks

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: knoxie

I thought it was lovely too. Seeing their last moments was very touching - but - I don't want anyone to be upset over such a lovely story.

peace

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: NerdGoddess

The kids said they were happy they went the way they did - they couldn't have lived with one parent staying behind after the love the two shared.

*tears*

peace

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: silo13
a reply to: NerdGoddess

The kids said they were happy they went the way they did - they couldn't have lived with one parent staying behind after the love the two shared.

*tears*

peace

Awh.

top topics

join