It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

politics in schools how messed up are they

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Would you say politicians should stay out of schools , for example I was hearing that the school board, and city council of some town wanted to ban soda pop from kids, They say the pop is the modivator of problems caused by kids in school and society as a whole. That saounds stupid , what does pop have to do with a kid wanting to be disobediant, maybe the idiot politicians need to go back to those schools themselves and renew their chemistry classes.

Pop has caramel , sugar, syrups, carbs etc. but there is no ingrediant for mind control listed , so what are the pop co's mind control agents and adding them into pop. Well sounds like the FDA should be going after Pop co's but they are not you know why because they dont put mind control drugs in pop the kids are acting out because they want to or they have a mental illness that's it.

People need to quit witch hunting and deal with the subject at hand not trying to blame it on everyone of oppurtunity.

[edit on 3/2/2005 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I saw super size me the other night and in that movie they a school for kids with attention problems (or something like that) and when the school started serving healthier food and ban sodas the kids got more calm and learned more. Im not sure that this is true or how this works but it just poped in my mind

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:26 PM
link   
They weren't just kids with "attention problems" these were deliquent kids. It was a private school for kids that have had frequent and severe disiplinary problems.

Also, the banning of soda is mainly because the excess sugar only causes attention problems within children. Its the same reason why they dont have a hypothetical starbucks in a school, for alot of kids, caffeine and sugar can be a major problem for attention within the classroom.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have 4 teachers and 1 principal in my family, and from what they've told me, the problems seem to arise when parents pack their child a nutritional lunch consisting of Twinkies and a 6 pack of Coke. And yes, there are parents who do this.

The resulting sugar high can disrupt an entire school.

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
They weren't just kids with "attention problems" these were deliquent kids. It was a private school for kids that have had frequent and severe disiplinary problems.

Also, the banning of soda is mainly because the excess sugar only causes attention problems within children. Its the same reason why they dont have a hypothetical starbucks in a school, for alot of kids, caffeine and sugar can be a major problem for attention within the classroom.

Well thanks my info was flawed by second hand but the Idea is still questionable suger levels or not. They also say irregular sleep does the same thing to kinds but you dont see someone trying to say we have to dope kids up to make them sleep right , this pop thing is just as useless as an old sole on a shoe with a whole when you walk in the rain your going to get a wet foot, by that I mean do they not think taking these things away will cause them to act up because you are taking one of their freedoms.

top topics

join