It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I bet you've never seen the Northern Lights like this before...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   
'Night Crew Labs' launched their own weather ballon 78,000 into the stratosphere. They also attached a Sony a7S 4K camera to it. The outcome is some BEAUTIFUL views of Aurora Borealis.

Here's the link to the article. It contains an informative 'making of' type video. Or if you just wanted to enjoy the beauty of radiation, here's some of the footage....

I followed one of the links from the article (the article linked in this post), and was lead to another beautiful video, this one being the Northern Lights from outer space! Quite breathtaking!!!

edit on 11/5/2017 by Brian4real because: Added link

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Neat! One of my favorite memories is lying in the snow in Alaska, passing a wine bottle back and forth, and watching the Northern Lights dance in the clear night sky.

Beautiful. Thanks for the cool thread!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Nice one, even a decent piece of mood music, like touching the sky.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Excellent thread, could just watch on a loop while listening to music, small world with big ideas, universe full of oppurtunity, this is but one small sample, lets live long and prosper

TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Thanks, one of my fav natural events. I get to see some once and a while where I'm at and am thankful for that. Haven't seen much on them from outer space, video wise, however.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Very cool!

I've only had the pleasure of seeing it 'live' one time a couple of years ago in Fairbanks. That's where my avatar pic came from.

(The pic, of course, doesn't just do justice to what the real thing is like.)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Oh the memories!

First time I saw 'them' I was living on a lake and one night late walked onto the pier....errrrrr I meant DOCK.

When I first saw 'them' I was frozen in place with a huge "WOW" falling out of my open mouth - that stayed that way.

It was, with the reflection on the black lake, as if fingers if light in the sky were dipping into the lake to rise back up again into the sky.

I was...scared...but entranced.

Never forget that moment.

Thanks for reminding me.

Peace
edit on 1517Thursday201713 by silo13 because: dock not pier dock

new topics

top topics

join