It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon Wave and something else perhaps?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
This is a bit of a two fold post. The first part being what the actual video is suppose to be about, and the second part is just something I happened to notice while viewing it.

For those who cant watch the video, the poster of the video has his telescope locked on the moon with a pretty good zoom. It does appear that he captures two waves run across it. From the left to the right. It is hard to see at the beginning, but once he does some zoom work and slowing the video speeds down a bit, you can clearly see the ripple or wave crossing the moon.

I assume this is some sort of natural occurrence, but nothing I have ever heard of before. Hence I have brought here to be viewed out of curiosity and to get a little lesson on what this is exactly. Thought others might find it interesting also.

The second thing I just wanted to mention too, is that it appears something else seems to be flying up the left side of the moon pretty much when the wave starts. I'm sure most will say bug, seems reasonable, but if you notice, it does seem to follow the curvature of the moon right on the edge. Is it a bug, or could it possibly be something that actually caused the wave?

I don't really know, so here we are...

It is only a 2:45 video so not like a lot of time will be wasted of your life giving it a look.

VIDEO LINK

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Look like a heatwave following an airplane that is out of the view?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

I have no idea that's why I brought it here. I wouldn't think so though because of the way he had moved the telescope to the right side after the first wave. Seems an aircraft wave would have already dissipated by that time. I also think it would have moved faster too, then again what do I know?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   
I would say atmospheric disturbance caused by aircraft. If it was on the moon and a regular occurrence the wave would have a weathering effect on the lunar surface. Just a guess on my part.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Looks like some kind of video/recording issue with the contrast between the light and dark of the image.

link   
a reply to: onehuman

I knew I saw similar vids before, here they are

link   
I would say its an artifact of the video processing equipment. Its called screen tearing.

From Wikipedia:

Screen tearing is a visual artifact in a video display where a display device shows information from multiple frames in a single screen draw.

The artifact occurs when the video feed to the device is not in sync with the display's refresh rate.
edit on 11-5-2017 by eManym because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   

The spooky music should be a clue: this guy knows he has nothing. Celestial objects "swim" in Earth's atmosphere because of diffraction caused by the air. Point sources, like stars, twinkle. Disks tend to deform randomly. What you see in this video is the distortion of the image due to the atmosphere being "tracked" on to the CCD's scanning. It is a simple imaging artifact, and the YouTube user probably knows it.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Cccroww is a known hoaxer.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:03 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

Yeah, my first thought was that the recording device had some sort of automatic rendering thing going on at high zoom.

The footage reminds me of rendering artefacts, when I render videos I've filmed.

edit on 11-5-2017 by swanne because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Thank you, I didn't know.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Its a heat wave in the atmosphere. Easy way to show it is your wave isnt just confined to the moon itself. Look at the edges of the moon it goes beyond that as well.

One more thing do you know how fast that wave would be travelling if it was on the moon? Thousands of miles per hour.
edit on 5/11/17 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Digital video rendering artfiact, atmospheric phenomenon, or...

... a glitch in the matrix...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I see the same thing all the time when rendering video. Also on cheap cameras. I would go with image artifact.

As for your object seen fling. Saw the video twice and saw nothing sorry.

The moon does have tides like we do just with dust instead of water. So I bet there are moon waves just nothing like that.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

That is not something physically happening on the moon. My bet it's something on the telescope lens. Or something in the air that is distorting the light. I think it's optical. A wave moving that fast would be quite a physical force and we would see changes on the moon's surface. That wave was just moving too fast. Take the size of the moon and you could calculate its speed. Nothing moves that fast in that shape. It has to be some kind of lens issue.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I thought the music was upbeat. It gave me the impression the author was sincere and the phenomena was real.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Looks to me more like a digital artifact then anything.
Like when recording a digital screen with a digital camera, and the frame rates don't quite match up.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   
Way to go. Hey look, my zoom moon footage has 'anomalies'.

See, see? Right there, dint you see it?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
So its a atmospheric thing I would guess. Second that would be a video camera thing..perhaps the two combined.

The only other alternative is the moon is on a projector and the sky curtain wobbled a bit and you seen it on flat earth, etc..

or a megaquake that is going what, tens of thousands of mph?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I don't see the lunar relevance, the heat source, digital scroll or whatever, is across most of the visual of the camera.
Why call it something to do with the Moon so straight off.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join