It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hire Former FBI Director JAMES COMEY To Lead The Senate Probe Into Trump-Russia Collusion.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

Nope not agreeing to disagree. You don't know what a straw man argument is and I'm not changing that assessment.

And I'm completely well informed.
I got really high grades in school and college.
edit on 5112017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:38 AM
link   
What makes anyone think Comey can just jump back into the investigation? The guy got fired and lost his clearance and privedges. I cant wait to see all the red flags pop up if they try to pick up that loser Comey. Hahahaaha.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4N0M4LY
a reply to: Sillyolme

I dont think you know what the facts are either. Agree to disagree

Believe what you want, but the evidence is there for all to see:
Inside Trump’s anger and impatience — and his sudden decision to fire Comey

At his golf course in Bedminster, N.J., Trump groused over Comey’s latest congressional testimony, which he thought was “strange,” and grew impatient with what he viewed as his sanctimony, according to White House officials. Comey, Trump figured, was using the Russia probe to become a martyr.

Back at work Monday morning in Washington, Trump told Vice President Pence and several senior aides — Reince Priebus, Stephen K. Bannon and Donald McGahn, among others — that he was ready to move on Comey. First, though, he wanted to talk with Attorney General Jeff Sessions, his trusted confidant, and Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein, to whom Comey reported directly. Trump summoned the two of them to the White House for a meeting, according to a person close to the White House.

The president already had decided to fire Comey, according to this person. But in the meeting, several White House officials said Trump gave Sessions and Rosenstein a directive: to explain in writing the case against Comey.

President Trump’s firing of James B. Comey consumed Capitol Hill’s attention. Democrats slowed committee business in the Senate to protest the lack of an independent investigation into Russia’s election meddling, and Republicans saw rifts emerge as more questioned the president’s decision.

The pair quickly fulfilled the boss’s orders, and the next day Trump fired Comey — a breathtaking move that thrust a White House already accustomed to chaos into a new level of tumult, one that has legal as well as political consequences.

But I'm guessing you'll tell me this is fake news because it came from an anonymous source.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:39 AM
link   
Like your assessment has any value on here. Lol. Good luck with that.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Like your assessment has any value on here. Lol. Good luck with that.

Like your "critique" has any weight on here. LOL. Even more good luck with that.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:43 AM
link   

We don't .
He's going to be a witness now. He still knows what he knows.
The bureau is not ending their investigative efforts. They should get the money Comey requested to continue this.
If trump holds back that funding on top of firing Comey it's really going to be trouble for him.

He's now guilty of obstruction of justice.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

If it came from the internet, everything is speculative and biased. How would you know if the person that wrote the article wasnt lying. Hey im not convinced the slightest until Trump is brought under review of a committee or charges or a panel inquiry. Until then. Speculate and debate away. Im sure Trump is an evil man because he is a Russian agent.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Morning Gryff!

Fun days ahead my friend.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

We can all play this highschool game all you would like. None are the wiser. Your turn.

link   

Doesnt bother me any after we saw his testimony to congress. Hes an idiot admitted he blew up the DOJ and inserted himself in to politics. Than lied about hillary's e mails to the point the FBI had to print a retraction. In fact if i were Huma id sue him.

link   

If it came from the internet, everything is speculative and biased. How would you know if the person that wrote the article wasnt lying. Hey im not convinced the slightest until Trump is brought under review of a committee or charges or a panel inquiry. Until then. Speculate and debate away. Im sure Trump is an evil man because he is a Russian agent.

CALLED IT! The fake news deflection. "It's not real because -I- don't want to believe it is true!"

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Oh well. Guess I'll go eat worms. Some guy on the internet said I have no value. Whaaa mommy....
Oh wait...
Your opinion doesn't affect me.
Did you look up straw man yet?

I bet you did. I bet you did and said damn she's right I don't know what it means.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr

Doesnt bother me any after we saw his testimony to congress. Hes an idiot admitted he blew up the DOJ and inserted himself in to politics. Than lied about hillary's e mails to the point the FBI had to print a retraction. In fact if i were Huma id sue him.

It doesn't bother you that Trump likely fired Comey because he may have been getting too close to something Trump is keeping secret? Interesting... So I guess you agreed with Nixon firing those people during the Saturday Night Massacre too then, right?
edit on 11-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:49 AM
link   

The question is what makes it true??? Seriously. Its an article. You believe everything you read? I thought I was naive. But damn...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The question is what makes it true??? Seriously. Its an article. You believe everything you read? I thought I was naive. But damn...

You are just making up excuses for not wanting to believe and attacking me because you can't refute what's in the article.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Wait what? You're still talking? To me? Wow I must be popular. Please continue your epic rant on how you won the day. I will be listening.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Yeap. Totally.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Another Source

Mr. Comey’s fate was sealed by his latest testimony about the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s efforts to sway the 2016 election and the Clinton email inquiry. Mr. Trump burned as he watched, convinced that Mr. Comey was grandstanding. He was particularly irked when Mr. Comey said he was “mildly nauseous” to think that his handling of the email case had influenced the election, which Mr. Trump took to demean his own role in history.

At that point, Mr. Trump began talking about firing him. He and his aides thought they had an opening because Mr. Comey gave an incorrect account of how Huma Abedin, a top adviser to Mrs. Clinton, transferred emails to her husband’s laptop, an account the F.B.I. later corrected.

At first, Mr. Trump, who is fond of vetting his decisions with a wide circle of staff members, advisers and friends, kept his thinking to a small circle, venting his anger to Vice President Mike Pence; the White House counsel, Donald F. McGahn II; and his son-in-law, Jared Kushner, who all told him they generally backed dismissing Mr. Comey.

Another early sounding board was Keith Schiller, Mr. Trump’s longtime director of security and now a member of the White House staff, who would later be tasked with delivering the manila envelope containing Mr. Comey’s letter of dismissal to F.B.I. headquarters, an indication of just how personal the matter was to the president.

The chief strategist Stephen K. Bannon, who has been sharply critical of the F.B.I., questioned whether the time was right to dismiss Mr. Comey, arguing that doing it later would lessen the backlash, and urged him to delay, according to two people familiar with his thinking. Reince Priebus, the White House chief of staff, at one point mulled similar concerns, but was supportive of the move to the president.

Mr. Trump initially discussed his decision to fire Mr. Comey with a close circle, including Jared Kushner, left. Stephen K. Bannon, center, questioned whether the time was right, and Reince Priebus, center right, mulled similar concerns at one point but was supportive. Credit Doug Mills/The New York Times

The Justice Department began working on Mr. Comey’s dismissal. Attorney General Jeff Sessions instructed his deputies to come up with reasons to fire Mr. Comey, according to a senior American official. On Monday, Mr. Trump met with Mr. Sessions and Deputy Attorney General Rod J. Rosenstein. White House officials insisted Mr. Sessions and Mr. Rosenstein were the ones who raised concerns about Mr. Comey with the president and that he told them to put their recommendations in writing.

Furthermore, why was Sessions involved in this decision at all after having recused himself from the Russian investigation?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

They can't see that. The sand gets in their eyes and ears.

It's so damn pesky...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:57 AM
link   
"Man of integrity"

That made me chuckle

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join