It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hire Former FBI Director JAMES COMEY To Lead The Senate Probe Into Trump-Russia Collusion.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:05 AM
link   
May 10, 2017

That's what Senator ANGUS "The Beef" KING (Ind. Maine) is asking his Senate Investigative Committee colleagues to do..

""Sen. Angus King had a novel suggestion Wednesday. He'll push for the Senate intelligence committee to hire ousted FBI Director James Comey to lead its investigation into alleged ties between the Trump campaign and Russia.

"I had a fun idea in the middle of the night," said King, an independent from Maine who is a member of the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence.

"I think our own committee, the intelligence committee, ought to hire James Comey to direct our investigation," he said. "Already got his clearances. Knows the subject. Man of integrity.""

Source: www.cnn.com...

Is Senator King admitting that the Senate Investigative Committee is frustrated over not finding dirt on Trump, and needs fresh new leadership? Would this be legal? I wonder how much money Comey would want?

-CareWeMust

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Another excuse to waste tax dollars on yet another non-issue .

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: VengefulGhost
Another excuse to waste tax dollars on yet another non-issue .

Yeah like Benghazi.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I havent seen a mad scramble to cover your tracks since the early 1970's

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:44 AM
link   
While it would be funny, how could we trust it? In the same way that people shouldn't trust that Comey wasn't fired to interfere with the investigation how could we trust that Comey wouldn't take revenge?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:47 AM
link   
A pretty capital idea. From an independent, apparently. Makes, sense, and I happen to agree, though I don't see it happening for a number of reasons. I do, however, see Comey getting called to testify and give evidence a lot in the coming months, he's likely better as a witness. I really think in order for a proper investigation to be done, however, the investigators have to be as far removed from any administration or party as we can get.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:24 AM
link   
If he wasn't able to present the evidence, with all the resources of the FBI at his disposal, then why would people believe he could do so as a self employed contractor?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

In the moment Angus came out with that idea, he stopped been independent. Nothing that pleases the liberals is good.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
If he wasn't able to present the evidence, with all the resources of the FBI at his disposal, then why would people believe he could do so as a self employed contractor?

You have a funny idea on how investigations work.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:09 AM
link   

The irony is if Comey had anything on A Russian-Trump connection what's the likelihood he'd have been fired??

None. He could have written his own ticket, assuming the regular
machinations of Washington politics.

If he had anything, he'd have spilled it when he was fired.

The zombie wing of the left thrives on these psychotropic laced 'cool-aid' posts. The rest of the left, one would hope, would know better.

edit on 11-5-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:11 AM
link   

The Sen is an idiot.

Comey was fired. No clearances anymore and I don't think he actually can still work on that case. lol.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy
We already know the reason for him being fired was a lie. The original story had already gone up in flames by noon yesterday.
The lying sack in the Whitehouse wanted this investigation to go away.
Funny because Comey was ramping up the investigation. Started having daily meetings instead of weekly.
He asks for more resources, people and money and then gets fired.
The bureau is getting close. Too close for trump. He's definitely hiding something.
It's coming to a head.
Idiot trump thinks he can make this go away.

It's not going away Donny.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Liberals are hilarious! First they blamed Comey for Hillary's loss and wanted him fired/investigated. Now he actually did get fired and they love him and want him as their special whatever. You cannot make this stuff up!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Yeap. Keep on peddling that straw man argument. Unless you were there in person, I doubt you would know the "factual" details on what really went on before lapdog Comey was fired.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: burgerbuddy

Why didn't Mike Flynn lose his when Obama fired him?

Trump hired him without him being re certified and vetted because he still had security clearance and the government had re-upped it last spring.
Is this another case of double standards or are you wrong?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

I don't think you know what a straw man argument is.
Wait let me correct that.

You don't know what a straw man argument is.
edit on 5112017 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

Comey couldn't even answer most of the questions thrown to him during the past hearings, ask Trey Gowdy

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   

It sounds like a clever idea at first thought, but I agree with Kali. Getting him to lead could end up with the reverse and Comey going after Trump because of revenge.
edit on 11-5-2017 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I dont think you know what the facts are either. Agree to disagree

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Dr UAE

Because it was classified...

This desperation is so funny.

Trump is on the run.
Ranting at a tv set while his approval rating is underwater.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join