It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Professor: “Some White People May Have to Die” to Solve Racism

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
These "intelligent" Black people wanted to lynch U.S. Education Secretary Betsy DeVoes today when she was addressing their college graduation ceremony.

www.foxnews.com...

Future leaders of America...(sigh). Disgusting, isn't it?

Yes. It was disgusting that she didn't have the basic education to know that historically black colleges were not there as poster children of black educational choices.

If she doesn't realize those schools were there because they had to be and if you're too tone def to understand why... then that's just right on par with you putting "intelligent" in quotes right before "black people".

Starting to hate this #ing site.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Funny, I was just pulling up the actual statement.

www.ed.gov... niversity-leaders
A key priority for this administration is to help develop opportunities for communities that are often the most underserved. Rather than focus solely on funding, we must be willing to make the tangible, structural reforms that will allow students to reach their full potential. Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) have done this since their founding.

They started from the fact that there were too many students in America who did not have equal access to education. They saw that the system wasn't working, that there was an absence of opportunity, so they took it upon themselves to provide the solution. HBCUs are real pioneers when it comes to school choice.

They are living proof that when more options are provided to students, they are afforded greater access and greater quality. Their success has shown that more options help students flourish.

Good lord is that tone-def.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

This professor's words from articles, papers and discussions have been severely taken out of context. Someone posted a link to his papers. Maybe read some in whole, he doesn't advocate killing white people at all. I think once you do, you'll see who is fomenting a race war.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: PistolPete

Funny, I was just pulling up the actual statement.

www.ed.gov... niversity-leaders
A key priority for this administration is to help develop opportunities for communities that are often the most underserved. Rather than focus solely on funding, we must be willing to make the tangible, structural reforms that will allow students to reach their full potential. Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) have done this since their founding.

They started from the fact that there were too many students in America who did not have equal access to education. They saw that the system wasn't working, that there was an absence of opportunity, so they took it upon themselves to provide the solution. HBCUs are real pioneers when it comes to school choice.

They are living proof that when more options are provided to students, they are afforded greater access and greater quality. Their success has shown that more options help students flourish.

Good lord is that tone-def.

Read the part after the one you bolded. She was saying they flourished because of racism. It was policies diametrically opposed to her philosophies that made that a decent school and they all know it.

It's as if she went in there expecting none of them to know her politics.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Turning your back and booing is wanting to lynch? Good Lord.
edit on 5/11/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74
a reply to: carewemust

Turning your back and booing is wanting to lynch? Good Lord.

They're comin' right fer us!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:56 AM
link   

My reaction to the story was wait, what? She spoke WHERE??

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Dayuum he had one too many plates of curry, but seriously tho, for decades the race war thing, was a feature of the far right, and most recently ended with Daylan Roof, but do I want to go around killing white ppl, just because some are racist??..naaw, first who am I gonna kill?? many life long friends?? family members, some racist fart I could easily avoid,??
In a situation where I am forced to defend me or mines well yes..but they needn't be racist to do that, just being an imminent threat from any azzhole.
Lookit racism is an idea, one cannot kill an idea with bullets, with education and better ideas yeah we have a better chance of killing it.
edit on 11-5-2017 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Another professor being crucified for bringing to the table what professors do. Bring controversial subjects to the table in order to provoke well thought out arguments.
Instead, what do we get, labels, and pretty much death threats.

Has no one sat down in a lecture hall listening to philosophy, psychology, or sociology? They blab about this sort of stuff all the time. My GF took an elective in university about the philosophy of sex and love and there was an entire week dedicated to pedophilia. Don't see people up in arms about that sort of thing.
edit on 11-5-2017 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:06 AM
link   
How can you say the government hates whitey... when the government is whitey

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:39 AM
link   

And this is a supossed teacher of higher learning?where do these idiots come from,and how is this person teaching and on a government payroll,truth is the liberals are the racist ones,everything is about race,nothing about humanity,I despise them

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Why have you purposefully misinterpreted what the comments that are actually there in the OP?

The professor said it's important to understand why Robert F Williams and Nat Turner thought that, and also to understand if some people still maintain the same view now, after slavery has been abolished and (theoretically) there is no distinction between black people and white people in society.

The professor didn't suggest anyone should have to die - you have swallowed the infowars nonsense and feel happy to spread it to other people who won't actually read the piece critically. That's fairly shameful.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: cenpuppie

What's the difference between indiscriminately killing white people and the same thought process for muslims in countries who haven't attacked America?

I don't support either but I hope you understand my question.

Unfortunately extreme ideology is saturating America, and diluting any hope of critical thinking by the masses.

When is the last time the US attacked innocent civilians for being Muslim?

Or do you mean, when a known target was using innocent civilians as shields, in a war zone?

I get confused sometimes....

If a handful of extreme Americans attacked China, would you expect our government and infrastructure to be destroyed in response?

Further more, when we have no connection to American lives being lost to Yemen, Libya, and Syria, should we topple their government?

Projecting freedom is not dictating the forms of government for sovereign nations.

Is there a global and enthusiastic group of people with this philosophy attacking China? let alone from all nations on the planet?

NO.

Sit down.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: starwarsisreal

As a minority I find this stupid. While I identify as a Liberal I am very disgusted on how my fellow Liberals treated White people as the enemy.

In fact some of us want an open dialogue and make peace with White Americans.

Also I do not like how these liberals target conservatives and while we may disagree with conservatives we believe that its their right to believe on what they want as long as they don't espouse violent rhetoric and other harmful actions.

I don't think most liberals are treating white people as the enemy at all. I think you have a few handfuls of very frustrated individuals speaking out some stupid stuff in angry and frustration and the so called "liberal" media is throwing it out there for consumption by a group of people who eagerly gravitate to that particular narrative. News is entertainment designed to make money. The Curry story is a great example on how to make money. The story enrages people on the right.

Rage = Ratings = Money

The real story here is not black people are organizing to kill whitey. We have real problems of racism in this country that are causing this frustration.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

Please do articulate for us how the jist of this statement is out of "context":

“When we have this conversation about violence, or killing white people, it has to be looked at in the context of historical turn,” said Curry . “And the fact that we’ve had no one address, like how relevant and how solidified this kind of tradition is, for black people saying look, in order to be equal, in order to be liberated, some white people may have to die.”

Why is that confusing to you? Does it confuse you that a black man is making a request to address the reasons other black people feel they need to fight to be free?

I've heard plenty of white conservatives ask the same question. Why is it confusing when a black professor asks it?

The human race... But the black people.

And we're the racists??

hahahahahahah

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
These paranoid fools who think that whitey is the devil and is out to get them need to wake up and realize that the black culture and black communities are their own worst enemy and do more harm to blacks than any whitey ever did.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:24 AM
link   

“When we have this conversation about violence, or killing white people, it has to be looked at in the context of historical turn,” said Curry . “And the fact that we’ve had no one address, like how relevant and how solidified this kind of tradition is, for black people saying look, in order to be equal, in order to be liberated, some white people may have to die.”

I'll bite. It's talking about the need for discussion why some black people feel that way - in no way is that advocating killing anyone and if you have any level of intelligence you would actually see that.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tardacus
These paranoid fools who think that whitey is the devil and is out to get them need to wake up and realize that the black culture and black communities are their own worst enemy and do more harm to blacks than any whitey ever did.

Or, maybe within the cities we have institutionalize racism. Take parking tickets for example. Take car loans for example. And poverty is a good example. If there were jobs that paid better than crime then maybe blackie would be too busy making money to be concerned about whitey.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: uncommitted

I'll bite. It's talking about the need for discussion why some black people feel that way - in no way is that advocating killing anyone and if you have any level of intelligence you would actually see that.

Can we just agree with millions of black people there are going to be a few nut cases. I'm sure you could find some white people who would claim the only solution is the final solution.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join