It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Maxine Waters would support Hillary firing Comey, but doesn't support Trump doing it

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Just more evidence that term limits should be implemented.

Waters told NBCs Peter Alexander that she doesn't support Trump in firing Comey, but when asked hypothetically if she would have supported Clinton firing Comey if Clinton had won, Waters replied that she would have agreed with that decision.

PETER ALEXANDER, NBC NEWS: You obviously have been very critical of James Comey in the past. You said that he had no credibility. I assume you support the president's decision then to fire his FBI director.

REP. MAXINE WATERS (D-CA): No, I do not necessarily support the president's decision.

Later in interview:

ALEXANDER: Understood. So if Hillary Clinton had won the White House, would you have recommended that she fire FBI Director James Comey?

WATERS: Well, let me tell you something. If she had won the White House, I believe that given what he did to her, and what he tried to do, she should have fired him. Yes.

Real clear politics

I'm not sure how blindly partisan politicians on either side can say these kinds of things and expect us to take them seriously. Are any of them capable of free thought and self reflection anymore?

Waters in particular is really starting to loose it, reminds me of when she said that Russia was trying to annex Korea.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

Those who consider themselves part of the democratic party should really tackle this nonsense from their leaders head on.

Instead, they are looking for someone to blame.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Is Maxine Waters really the best California has to offer?

I'm sorry in advance for even saying this and it's not like I support him in any way at all whatsoever...

But can't they send Jerry Brown instead? Anyone really.

Jello forgive me.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
She's is not a smart women, says a lot about her supporters doesn't?
edit on 5 101410 1717 by WUNK22 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Yeah she doesn't support the POTUS's decision AT THIS TIME.

He should have/could have fired Comey any time in the last 3 months.

So now, after all that's happened we're supposed to think suddenly Trump wants to do the Democrats "a solid" ie; favor and fire Comey...right now?

Maybe some of you conservatives are right, the education system in this country has failed us ... as it's clear that a large segment of the political spectrum seems to buy whatever comes out of Pennsylvania avenue.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Political hypocrisy is rampant. Term Limits
How about capping the age limit for those who run for office? After all, we need representatives who are mentally sharp and bring new ideas and perspectives to government. A lot of our current representatives are well over 65 and some are in their 70's and 80's. The power, money and benefits must be too good, many want to die in office.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

If this woman is the new face of the democratic party as has been suggested, then the dems can not last. There must be a few thinking dems out there who see the hypocrisy.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:12 AM
link   

The Democratic party is disintegrating before our very eyes. All credibility is lost.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
What a beautiful Public Fail.

Nice one Maxine. I should I say.....Cretin.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:43 AM
link   

So basically she's cutting off her nose to spite her face.

Unbelievable.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:59 AM
link   

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
Yeah she doesn't support the POTUS's decision AT THIS TIME.

He should have/could have fired Comey any time in the last 3 months.

So now, after all that's happened we're supposed to think suddenly Trump wants to do the Democrats "a solid" ie; favor and fire Comey...right now?

Maybe some of you conservatives are right, the education system in this country has failed us ... as it's clear that a large segment of the political spectrum seems to buy whatever comes out of Pennsylvania avenue.

Let me see here....
You are saying that if Trump had fired Comey as soon as he was inaugurated, you would have had no problem with it?

You do realize that the 'Russian Coup' predates Trump's inauguration, right?

We would have heard the cries of Russia..Russia just the same.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:46 AM
link   
She also supported Reginald Denny getting his brains bashed in during the LA riots, but only cause he was white!

The fact that she's lionized by the left says a ton. I'm not even mad at her cause she seems mentally retarded, but that somehow doesn't stop her from getting re-elected or honoured at award shows.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

The Democratic party is disintegrating before our very eyes. All credibility is lost.
a reply to: Ksihkehe

...and the Republican party is any better? Loss of Credibility? Both political parties have lost an enormous amount of credibility. Claiming the republican party has any credibility when their own party members have come out against Trump. They than ignore his incompetency and fall in line behind him. "CREDIBILITY" Nobody can trust anything that comes out of Trump's mouth!

Your post lacks credibility and reeks of your political bias.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I love it every time Waters or Fienstein or any other Democrat "Leader" opens their mouth in front of the microphone. Entertainment at its finest!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
In theory, i don't disagree with her given the position she is taking. Trump firing Comey is fishy from that perspective.

In reality what she said was, "Trump shouldn't have fired him, but Hillary should have as an act of revenge and I would have supported that".

I don't think that is what she intended to say....but that is what i read.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu

For kicks and grins, try looking at this from the perspective of there is no political motive and something catalyzed his departure now.

I don't know what goes across the Presidents desk. I DO know the FBI is nothing more than a fear stoking apparatus, and is the mastermind behind 90% of the terrorist plots they have uncovered. Anything weakening the FBI strengthens The People.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Maxine Waters would support Hillary firing Comey, but doesn't support Trump doing it

Man, politicians sometimes..

How hard can it be to say something along the lines of this:

"yes, I think Comey should be replaced, but I am concerned about the motivation behind his firing, and we now have to look very carefully at what Trump does next - will he prove my suspicions right and nominate an obvious lackey? If so, we could have what amounts to a constitutional crises on our hand."

Short, to the point and with a bit of fear mongering. AND it would offer a natural segue to a discussion about impeachment of which Peter Alexander would most likely have taken advantage.

She could have controlled that interview so easily.

edit on 11-5-2017 by DupontDeux because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:14 AM
link   
a reply to: DupontDeux

Were she intelligent and not drug addled.

Im convinced that the apparent mendacity we see from Congress is more about pharmaceuticals and less about old age and cluelessness. I don't for a moment think Maxine Waters was an idiot when she was first elected. A few thousand bars of xanax later, and she stammers and babbles like she was eefin'

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: DupontDeux

Were she intelligent and not drug addled.

Well, I would rather not go there. I am a bit uneasy saying this to a mod, but let's remember that this is not the mud-pit.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join