It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Stupidity Out of John McCain

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Ohanka
Senile, paranoid old man.

These senators and congressmen really need term limits. Less chances for dinosaurs like McCain with their absurd ravings in the future.

If the voters weren't so stupid then we wouldn't need term limits.

Theoretically when some one went off the rails like McCain, Waters or Pelosi they would be voted out. This is why voting should be restricted to people that served in the military or peace corp. People that put up for their country should be the voters not the idiot takers.

While I agree that voters are idiots,
I won't agree that only service should guarantee citizenship.

That's how you wind up with a single party government...
edit on 10-5-2017 by lordcomac because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
But the office of the Director of the FBI should be a highly respected position, seeing how they are one of the many checks against criminal activity in the government.

Maybe it "should be," but it rarely has been in reality. The first director, Hoover, was in the director's chair for the first 37 years of the FBI's existence and essentially made it his own personal power play. The man had dossiers on every US political leader in DC and used the information he gathered to essentially blackmail them all into passing whatever laws and policies he wanted to increase the FBI's authority well beyond anything the Constitution would have ever considered OK. Like the police state? Thank the FBI and J. Edgar Hoover because he was the founding father of it.

The office also saw William Sessions, who used tax payer dollars to pay for recreational travel as well as home improvements. He also oversaw the FBI's illegal and immoral murders conducted at Ruby Ridge and in Waco.

All of them helped build the ridiculous war on drugs which has cost the US taxpayers more money than any other federal policy over the same time frame.

The only two worth a damn have been Louis Freeh and Robert Mueller. None of the rest have been all that "respectable" in the grand sense of the word.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Personally, I think the vote should be restricted to people who PAY income and.or property taxes, period. If you don't make enough to be paying into the system, you are the definition of a "taker." In that case, it is ridiculous to take someone who displays a less than equal degree of effort and personal responsibility and hand them an equal share of decision powers in regards to the direction the country should take.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

New Stupidity Out of John McCain

Just when I thought ol John had covered it all...
He pulls a rabbit outta his a** with new stupid material...

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I can support this.

We can't have a bunch of takers telling the rest of us how much they should get.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Disagree. "shall not be denied or abridged" should carry the same weight as "shall not be infringed."

My opinion would be to actually make folks not want to be on the government dole. Pride has gone out the window and I don't think it's coming back for a large amount of those folks.

I realized the argument can also be had that "shall not be infringed." has been, well infringed but, how far should we be in favor of editing the constitution?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:18 PM
link   

You nailed it!
I love it.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Personally, I think the vote should be restricted to people who PAY income and.or property taxes, period.

Please add to that: If you take one penny from the government ... no vote for you for the next four years. If you take one penny as a government employee ... no election eligibility for you.

That would also end any questions of Term Limits.

So simple ... anyone could have figured it out in a few minutes. There are lots of people smarter'n me. Must be a game they're playing somewhere up the food chain, huh?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Comey has been dishonorable and deceitful to the American people since he positioned himself to misrepresent most every legal situation and every bogus case he has been pretending to investigate since a long time ago.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Mueller was far from respectable. TWA flight 800 was under his watch. He actively covered Clinton's butt in that "investigation"

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

Personally, I think the vote should be restricted to people who PAY income and.or property taxes, period. If you don't make enough to be paying into the system, you are the definition of a "taker." In that case, it is ridiculous to take someone who displays a less than equal degree of effort and personal responsibility and hand them an equal share of decision powers in regards to the direction the country should take.

So people who lose their jobs around an election should be barred from voting? Retired people, and disabled veterans (whose disability is non taxable) should also be barred?

Nope, just nope. Tax paying landowners only with the power? That's pretty damned close to feudalism, which was a sucky fail of a system.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf

The article won't let me read it unless I subscribe.

The easiest way around that or other paywalls is to open the link in incognito mode.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I know McCain drafted the legislation that created the housing bubble making it easy for banks to lend money to unqualified people. For that reason he will always be a piece of # in my book.
edit on 11-5-2017 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   
McCain = Bought and paid for RINO hack. ~$heopleNation

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Why? My guess is he's a puppet for George Soros

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagesticEsoteric

Why? My guess is he's a puppet for George Soros

Soros loves him some Songbird.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
What if Trump is trying to figure out how to move on McCain?? Not in any sinister fashion, but just like reducing his influence by picking off the ones McCain may have in sensitive places?? I think McCain has to go man, he needs to reduce the stress on his life and just sit out the decade he has left enjoying the sunny beaches of Florida. Let new patriots serve his district that prefer economic prosperity agendas that do not involve producing exclusively for defense department.

Arizona is super ripe for sustainable energy projects with solar, perhaps even ambitious solar powered regional irrigation projects for the SouthWest. Those would be the kind of job producing economic and infrastructure agendas that can produce wonderful career opportunities for thousands of his voting bloc. And there would be the added plus of knowing theres no blood on their hands. The people that produce these shells, missiles and bullets got to be feeling some remorse over all the times the things made from their hands has mangled and exploded human flesh the last few decades. Many times from innocent humans. Give them something they can be even more proud of.

Trump needs to force him into retirement somehow.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6yeah like he other friends here www.youtube.com...
and www.youtube.com... . this old fart needs to retire and enjoy his va benefits since he is a former pow.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 03:36 AM
link   

McCain is the supreme Idiot of our time. He should receive an Oscar for going against common sense, and living in a LaLaLand of his own, and a Nobel for being a medical wonder kid - alive without brain.

I guess he still suffers from POW camp times, and gives an inner voice for all the commie comrades in his head?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join