It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Democrats Conspiracy Theory is Dead in the Water

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Comey was going to go sooner or later; Trump just seems to think he's still the top dog and can make all the decisions on his own.

In other news, Donald Trump is still President of the United States, aka Top Dog.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
Hate to bust your bubble, but the Democrats pretty much just added weight to the whole Trump/Russia conspiracy. Well, they didn't. Democrats haven't really done anything useful. Actually, Trump himself pretty much confirmed the "conspiracy" around him has something to it by firing Comey in the first place.

I honestly don't care about the Democrats and this usual partisan hypocrisy. They are pissed off because Comey did his job during the election. They lost. And right now, their power is minimal. They are still in the safe spaces/hand wringing from the election loss. I expect nothing less from them.

I actually respected and like Comey. He did his job. He did his job with the Clinton/email scandal. And was continuing to do his job in investigating Trump and Russia. Obviously doing his job too well, and getting to close to the Truth, which is why Trump got rid of him.

No matter. Trump might have just written his own impeachment with this move. Special Investigation, here we come!

Well said. Trump just shot himself in the foot and has opened the door even wider in to the entire Russia aspect.

He's given fuel to the very fire he wanted to put out.

ONLY if Republicans are the ones who put wood on the fire. Democrats are (thankfully) powerless at this point.

And Trump was elected as a representative of which party?

edit on 10-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Hate to bust your bubble, but the Democrats pretty much just added weight to the whole Trump/Russia conspiracy. Well, they didn't. Democrats haven't really done anything useful. Actually, Trump himself pretty much confirmed the "conspiracy" around him has something to it by firing Comey in the first place.

I honestly don't care about the Democrats and this usual partisan hypocrisy. They are pissed off because Comey did his job during the election. They lost. And right now, their power is minimal. They are still in the safe spaces/hand wringing from the election loss. I expect nothing less from them.

I actually respected and like Comey. He did his job. He did his job with the Clinton/email scandal. And was continuing to do his job in investigating Trump and Russia. Obviously doing his job too well, and getting to close to the Truth, which is why Trump got rid of him.

No matter. Trump might have just written his own impeachment with this move. Special Investigation, here we come!

Well said. Trump just shot himself in the foot and has opened the door even wider in to the entire Russia aspect.

ONLY if Republicans are the ones who put wood on the fire. Democrats are (thankfully) powerless at this point.

Donald Trump was elected to become the President of Federal Government overseeing the States by a non-partisan electoral college.

Right?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I don't mind paying for one investigation...............but four. If you cant figure it out with 3 you probably need to be fired also. Hey let just take care of this whole mess and fire them all from the top down, both parties.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: Justso
Comey was going to go sooner or later; Trump just seems to think he's still the top dog and can make all the decisions on his own.

In other news, Donald Trump is still President of the United States, aka Top Dog.

This just in...Senate Committee Subpoenas Michael Flynn For Russia-Related Documents

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

Donald Trump was elected to become the President of Federal Government overseeing the States by a non-partisan electoral college.

Right?

Elected to President while being the top representative of the Republican party.

Trump, a republican, just put wood on his own fire.

edit on 10-5-2017 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Stevemagegod

Comey was not a very good director of the FBI.

He was bad enough to piss off members of both parties.

Sometimes a firing is just a firing.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Comey getting fired will not stop any investigation.

Jesus!

Democrats aren't that ####ing stupid. They are just using this to attack Trump.

Unless they are that ####ing stupid. And if they are, then they all need ####ing helmets and ride the short bus!

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Exactly!

The democrats are now offficionally through. There party might have ONCE have had some relevence but now ALL power belongs solely to the right.

No matter how much the dems squirm and try to raise suspisions about of all things Russia lol.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: FuggleHop

Exactly!

The democrats are now offficionally through. There party might have ONCE have had some relevence but now ALL power belongs solely to the right.

No matter how much the dems squirm and try to raise suspisions about of all things Russia lol.

Um...then it appears to be the right who are investigating all things Russian. Kinda awkward, eh?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Sometimes doing your job correctly, despite the politics involved, can piss people off.

It's sad that we fired a good public servant for doing his job, based on whom they pissed off.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
How does firing Comey have any influence on the Russian investigation? People are acting like Comey was the one doing the research and leg-work, and once he got close, he was fired. That's laughable, the FBI investigators were the ones doing the hard work, Comey was basically just a figure head. If Trump starts firing the 150 FBI investigators looking at the Russian situation, maybe then democrats would have an argument, but as of now all they have is "anti-Trump at any cost." Comey protected Hillary and Lynch, then last week lied/misled Congress, that's why he was fired, it makes no sense trying to tie it to Russia.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: EvillerBob

Obviously doing his job too well, and getting to close to the Truth, which is why Trump got rid of him.

Or possibly because last week he misled Congress (deliberately or negligently) as to some very serious allegations about the Weiner/Clinton email debacle and the FBI had to issue a correction this week to clear the mess up.

Of course, Trump might just have been waiting for Comey to screw up so he could justify getting rid of him, but the reasons might not be as sinister as you suggest.

This 100%

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Sometimes doing your job correctly, despite the politics involved, can piss people off.

It's sad that we fired a good public servant for doing his job, based on whom they pissed off.

That's the scary thing. Agencies like the FBI are supposed to be part of the institutional checks and balances. Partisan free. That he pissed off both parties was a comforting sign of neutrality.

He admitted that while it disturbed him that his information about Clinton's email links might have influenced the election, he still went ahead and informed congress, because, that's his job. Then he went on to investigate Trump, and gets canned.

He paid for doing the right thing in both cases.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xeven

Don't say "we." Constant bickering does not get the job done.

Diplomacy-look it up-building teams and working together-accomplishes goals and lay the groundwork for future successes.

I'm sick of the "drain the swamp." Let's get the system working again by feeding it the nutrients it needs to clean itself.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

If you say so. He still has to make decisions by working "with" the senators and Legislative branch. In trump tower he was top dog-at the moments he's gotta play better with others and listen to their ideas because they matter as much or more than his "own."

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: dragonridr

Clapper resigned Jan 20. He's been out of the loop for nearly four months. Also, speaking of being in the loop, in his recent testimony, Clapper clarified his earlier statements, saying that he was completely unaware of the FBI's counterintelligence investigation:

During my tenure as DNI, it was my practice to defer to the FBI director, both Director Mueller and then subsequently Director Comey, on whether, when and to what extent they would inform me about such investigations. This stems from the unique position of the FBI, which straddles both intelligence and law enforcement. And as a consequence, I was not aware of the counterintelligence investigation Director Comey first referred to during his testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee for Intelligence on the 20th of March, and that comports with my public statements.

The investigation that Comey was privy to started sometime in early Decemeber and involved something like two dozen agents. It seems highly unlikely that a comprehensive investigation could have been completed in the span of a month, particularly when one considers that that FBI investigation is currently ongoing. It is therefore unreasonable to conclude that Clapper's lack of knowledge of conclusive evidence of collusion is anything approaching a final word on the matter.

Is a counter-intelligence investigation different from a criminal investigation?

If it is, how is it different?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Duhhh.. REPUBLICAN.

I get that right? What'd I win?

Republicans aren't likely to roast their own President. As for Donald Trump, he always adds "wood to the fire" as you call it. It's who he is. He was like that when we voted for him. What's your point?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: dragonridr

Clapper resigned Jan 20. He's been out of the loop for nearly four months. Also, speaking of being in the loop, in his recent testimony, Clapper clarified his earlier statements, saying that he was completely unaware of the FBI's counterintelligence investigation:

During my tenure as DNI, it was my practice to defer to the FBI director, both Director Mueller and then subsequently Director Comey, on whether, when and to what extent they would inform me about such investigations. This stems from the unique position of the FBI, which straddles both intelligence and law enforcement. And as a consequence, I was not aware of the counterintelligence investigation Director Comey first referred to during his testimony before the House Permanent Select Committee for Intelligence on the 20th of March, and that comports with my public statements.

The investigation that Comey was privy to started sometime in early Decemeber and involved something like two dozen agents. It seems highly unlikely that a comprehensive investigation could have been completed in the span of a month, particularly when one considers that that FBI investigation is currently ongoing. It is therefore unreasonable to conclude that Clapper's lack of knowledge of conclusive evidence of collusion is anything approaching a final word on the matter.

Is a counter-intelligence investigation different from a criminal investigation?

If it is, how is it different?

This article might help ya. It explains how/why President Trump is under a Counter-Intelligence investigation, vs. a Criminal Investigation.

Trump - C.I. vs Criminal: www.nationalreview.com...

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
Comey getting fired will not stop any investigation.

Jesus!

Democrats aren't that ####ing stupid. They are just using this to attack Trump.

Unless they are that ####ing stupid. And if they are, then they all need ####ing helmets and ride the short bus!

No it won't, you're right. But they believe Trump did this believing he'd put a wrench in the gears.

An innocent person would say "hey, bring it on so we can clear my good name and move past this". A guilty man would get enraged and fire the person sticking his nose a little to close to the evidence.

I'm not saying Trump is guilty of anything but he's sure as hell acted like it for months now.

But no, democrats don't believe this will stop it. I think the fear is that a Trump-friendly director will ignore/cover up anything they find.

Personally, I don't understand Trump's actions and never have; he's a bizarre guy and I hope his unpredictability will mean he does some positive things but... Not crossing fingers here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join