It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if...Comey was fired so Lindsey Graham could pick the replacement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Graham and McCain have been on Trumps backside since Trump took office. They disapprove of every move he makes and have something negative to say at Trumps every step. So this puzzles me.

Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., also had a quiet response. “Given the recent controversies surrounding the director, I believe a fresh start will serve the FBI and the nation well,” he said. Few were talking about who could emerge as a possible replacement for Comey or even an obvious path forward, and some wanted new committees or commissions. The Nixon connection was very much on Democrats’ minds.

www.mcclatchydc.com...

While everyone else is screaming with their hair on fire that this proves Trump has Russian bowel movements, Graham, the seeming leader of the "Russiagate" scandal has less than harsh words about this? It almost seems as if a deal was made. Maybe it's nothing and maybe I'm reaching here. But I think it's something to watch. McCain and Graham are slimy snakes of the worst kind (IMHO). They define the reason for term limits.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

There's probably some give and take going on with the timing, but almost every single administration fires the current FBI head a few months after they get into office. There's a couple ways I could rationalize this now, for example it's really not a big deal and Trump is just getting done what he can, all the way to the opposite that it's to silence his critics.

In the grand scheme of things though, there's nothing unusual about Comey's departure. What's actually interesting about Comey is that he's one of the very few to survive an administration change.

en.wikipedia.org...

Take a look at when terms end, the trend is either right before an election or in the middle of the year.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Lindsey Graham and John McCain are both the same,as long as you're doing what they want, they support you. John McCain was hateful towards Trump until Trump went militant. If Graham is praising Comey's firing, it's probably because Graham had some grudge against him.
edit on 10-5-2017 by SpeakerofTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
May 12, 2017

Here are the 11 candidates for Comey's replacement.

www.foxnews.com...

I hope he picks Trey Goudy, Goudy accepts, and the Senate confirms him, using the Nuclear Option.

Imagine the Dem and lib media reaction!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
May 12, 2017

Here are the 11 candidates for Comey's replacement.

www.foxnews.com...

I hope he picks Trey Goudy, Goudy accepts, and the Senate confirms him, using the Nuclear Option.

Imagine the Dem and lib media reaction!

The nuclear option scares the hell out of me, not that I don't like it now, but if it becomes the norm, then when the left is back on top, who knows what evil might pop up. (Muhahahahahah)

I'd like to see Trey get it, he seems straight up. I'd just like to see some integrity there.

new topics

top topics

join