It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New developments of "real time" Cannabis detection devices.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Just make it legal already. Alcohol and cigarettes are legal. Absolutely no reason for pot not to be legal also.

Legal just not at work?

I drive by the new apple citadel in silicon valley, the sign on the gate says "tobacco free zone". One day, when corporations rule the world, everywhere will be like this.

Signs on the roadway read, welcome to appletown, no guns, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or bad language allowed.

The real fine print at the bottom thats not readable from your car says, "Without permit. police, executives and upper management exempt.

They all smoke cannabis, you and I both know this.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheWhiteKnight
How is cannabis intoxicating.
This is a serious question.

I am unable to understand how a substance that does not poison, nor in my experience,
cripple one's sensibilities to function, 'intoxicate'' one's system. This isn't that poison ethanol
this is cannabis. You should be tested only so the cops can see that you are out, and they can give you enough
for a small bowl, out of mercy. Are they going to test for turmeric use as well? This 'intoxicated' crap needs to be nipped on the bid, now.

I think that if you cannot drive normally on pot, then you shouldn't be issued a license. If anything, it's easier. You have greater cognizance and compassion, and pity, for morons fiddling with their collars, who are relying on their computer pilot to keep them in their lanes, rather than wanting to run them into a wall so they no longer pose a risk to society.

# 772

Sorry man but that is as much BS as drunks that say they drive better when they drink. I smoke, I smoke a lot. I know that there is a difference in my reaction times when I am high. Slower reaction time leads to mistakes while driving. Please do not try and tell me, a man that has been smoking everyday for over 25 years, that pot doesn't impair you mentally. I remember we even had a term for it when I was a kid. We called it zoning out. You my be younger than me and not use that term but I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. When you sit and stare at nothing because your fully in your mind. When I am high I get a lot more calm, relaxed, and slow moving. I also get more creative and engage in art. When I am sober I am more precise and mobile. I like to hike and exercise during those times. Pot effects everyone. The only time a human being should be driving a car is when they are sober.
edit on 10-5-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2017 by scraedtosleep because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:35 PM
link   

I am unable to understand how a substance that does not poison, nor in my experience,
cripple one's sensibilities to function, 'intoxicate'' one's system. This isn't that poison ethanol
this is cannabis. You should be tested only so the cops can see that you are out, and they can give you enough
for a small bowl, out of mercy. Are they going to test for turmeric use as well? This 'intoxicated' crap needs to be nipped on the bid, now.

I think that if you cannot drive normally on pot, then you shouldn't be issued a license. If anything, it's easier. You have greater cognizance and compassion, and pity, for morons fiddling with their collars, who are relying on their computer pilot to keep them in their lanes, rather than wanting to run them into a wall so they no longer pose a risk to society.

# 772

You're right. It isn't a toxin. If you take enough of it you tend to build up a tolerance and it takes higher levels to feel it. And Cannabis doesn't make you careless or uncoordinated like alcohol. So they should be less strict with it.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Just make it legal already. Alcohol and cigarettes are legal. Absolutely no reason for pot not to be legal also.

Except for the fact it helps with and cures disease. Helps the body heal and regulate itself through the cannabinoid system in the body. Making some Pharmaceutical drugs less desirable.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Who needs a high-tech weed sniffer? Totally superfluous.
You get a good whiff from down the street when it good
weed. A dog with 10 times our smelling power can sniff it
out even if it is an empty bag with a minute amount of
cannabis oil on it.

Many wrap it up in vacuum bags to bring it through the
airport, but unless it is a small amount that is very well
wrapped the dog will sniff it out and busted.

What we need is an alcohol sniffer to detect when a drunk
is carrying little bottles of gin and vodka to drink when
they drive home.

a reply to: Doctor Smith

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

originally posted by: intrptr

Legal just not at work?

I drive by the new apple citadel in silicon valley, the sign on the gate says "tobacco free zone". One day, when corporations rule the world, everywhere will be like this.

Signs on the roadway read, welcome to appletown, no guns, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or bad language allowed.

The real fine print at the bottom thats not readable from your car says, "Without permit. police, executives and upper management exempt.

They all smoke cannabis, you and I both know this.

Cops Eating Edibles Are Caught On Camera [VIDEO]

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I think cop's should be able to chill after work too, and not have an alcohol headache, a domestic and parched skin the next day.

This instant test is great, I don't want my pilot, crane operator, or surgeon high or drunk near me.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Employers still test hair - a 2 inch long head hair could take a year
to grow that long, so smoking weed a year ago will provide a
positive test to the hair testing employers.

A shaven head has little old hair to test, but they will take a body hair
that has been there for years.

The employment drug witch hunt has fangs that bite marijuana users.

a reply to: intrptr

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
Have you ever heard of a dab? It's obvious to me that there needs to be a legal reasonable limit for thc in your system like alcohol. Smoking a few hits and driving is generally fine. I seem to have better reaction times and am more cautious. However, im seeing weed upwards of 25-30% thc which makes it incredibly intoxicating. Concentrates are getting up in to the 90%s. This is most definitely a drug and it is definitely imparing everyone who smokes it. Taking a dab or smoking bong rips of high thc cannabis and then driving is not be a good idea. a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   

# 772

I agree, and to add to this:
If you don't smoke cannabis then you should pay a fine for taking life too seriously.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:36 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatHappened

The employment drug witch hunt has fangs that bite marijuana users.

Boy you said it, what a witch hunt. Makes everyone into petty criminals.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   
What happens if you are at a party where everyone is smoking marijuana and are a second-hand smoke inhaler...will it show up in your saliva, breath; I bet it wil?. They need to determine how much is too much before impairment is realized.
edit on 15CDT09America/Chicago00790931 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

They've had roadside saliva drug tests in Australia for years now. It basically just tests for weed and meth...

Surprisingly, they are way less strict with drug driving than drink driving too... First time you get caught drug driving its like 3 months loss of license and you can get your license straight back, with no restrictions.

Compared to a first time drink driving offence... which I unfortunately recently got done for, at .13, after a few harmless social drinks at the pub... 13 months loss of license, then to get it back, I have to apply to the courts at a cost of $107, then do a drink driver course and assessment, cost $400... then get a breatherlyzer interlock installed in my car for six months, which is going to cost $250 to $450, then pay to have it recalibrated every month at a cost of around $150 each time... Then I also have to apply to the courts to have the interlock removed, which is obviously just more money...

Ironically, would have been way less hassle and cost me way less to have just been caught driving on meth!

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Just another way for those who govern to heighten their arrogance over everyone else.
I can't see how this is good.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: ShatteredKingdom

Just another way for those who govern to heighten their arrogance over everyone else.

Well, it is good because it may deter those who think they can smoke and drive, when the new studies prove impairment is a reality. I drive constantly and it is a risky endeavour at the best of times and being sober, why toss the dice?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 09:43 AM
link   
If you don't want a DUI, don't take drugs. Marijuana is illegal in every state in the country. Some just choose not to enforce the laws. That doesn't mean that the laws shouldn't be enforced. If you can detect marijauna in your hair, you're a criminal.
edit on 5/12/17 by RedDragon because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

originally posted by: ShatteredKingdom

Well, it is good because it may deter those who think they can smoke and drive, when the new studies prove impairment is a reality. I drive constantly and it is a risky endeavour at the best of times and being sober, why toss the dice?

I was thinking they could outlaw tests that detect after the high is over. It's none of their business unless you come to work high.

In my state it is perfectly legal to carry an ounce around. Any adult can grow up to 6 plants at one time, and you can store what you've grown. And the world hasn't come to an end.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join