It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New developments of "real time" Cannabis detection devices.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Urine THC Cannabis tests are incapable of proving intoxication levels in real time. They don't really test for THC levels but instead the chemical THC-C00H. The chemical THC that gets you high is out of your system long ago but you can test positive for an average of 27 days. Heavy users 77 days! So anyone in their right mind would outlaw this type of testing in legal states.

THC vs. THC-COOH: The Science Behind Urine Tests

A more reasonable test is the Saliva Test. Which claims a window of 4-6 hours. Some say 12 or more. Still much better for work place or driving.

Saliva Test

This breath test mass spectrometer test looks to be much more relevant. And this could be the solution. Their are other competitors out there trying to come up with the best mouse trap so hopefully I will be using that dope I grew soon.

March 27, 2017 Live Testing with Cannabix Marijuana Breathalyzer Shows Excellent Sensitivity for THC and Related Metabolites

edit on 10-5-2017 by Doctor Smith because: more material

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Doctor Smith

houndlabs.com...

Using cutting-edge science and technology, Hound Labs, Inc. is the first company to detect and measure THC in breath. Using only one or two breaths, the patent-pending approach detects THC and measure levels to well below 500 picograms. The Company’s scientific breakthrough has been optimized to create a prototype of the first dual alcohol and marijuana breathalyzer at a price that will be practical for use by law enforcement at the roadside.

This is in the works.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I have always wondered about this in states were it is legal or for medical use with drug testing for jobs.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Or the cop could just say, "I smell grass, out of the car." If he finds some residue, a seed, a roach in the ash tray, he can now demand you give breath, urine, blood, he can even plant something if you complain enough. They get you on residue, paraphernalia, under the influence, whatever. A microscopic bit of 'positive' result is all they need to get you into the process, then they never let you go. Gotta pay, gotta pay. Ad thats all the system really cares about, you got caught, pay up. whether you stop doing drugs is immaterial, as long as you got money.

How long does cannabis remain in hair?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot
I have always wondered about this in states were it is legal or for medical use with drug testing for jobs.

Thanks for sharing.

Even in my country where this substance is more or less legal , it is still against the law to drive under infuence of this substance.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   
In one of my workplaces, free bagels and donuts were provided once a week. No-one would touch the poppy seed donuts for fear of testing positive in a random drugs test.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
Or the cop could just say, "I smell grass, out of the car." If he finds some residue, a seed, a roach in the ash tray, he can now demand you give breath, urine, blood, he can even plant something if you complain enough. They get you on residue, paraphernalia, under the influence, whatever. A microscopic bit of 'positive' result is all they need to get you into the process, then they never let you go. Gotta pay, gotta pay. Ad thats all the system really cares about, you got caught, pay up. whether you stop doing drugs is immaterial, as long as you got money.

How long does cannabis remain in hair?

Same would go with having an empty beer can or two in your car, but they have a breathalyzer test for that.

If I smoked on the weekend, should I be criminalized a few days or a few weeks down the road?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: stormcell
In one of my workplaces, free bagels and donuts were provided once a week. No-one would touch the poppy seed donuts for fear of testing positive in a random drugs test.

We are lucky in a sense, we have a chance to " study" for our test, up to 30 days.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
How is cannabis intoxicating.
This is a serious question.

I am unable to understand how a substance that does not poison, nor in my experience,
cripple one's sensibilities to function, 'intoxicate'' one's system. This isn't that poison ethanol
this is cannabis. You should be tested only so the cops can see that you are out, and they can give you enough
for a small bowl, out of mercy. Are they going to test for turmeric use as well? This 'intoxicated' crap needs to be nipped on the bid, now.

I think that if you cannot drive normally on pot, then you shouldn't be issued a license. If anything, it's easier. You have greater cognizance and compassion, and pity, for morons fiddling with their collars, who are relying on their computer pilot to keep them in their lanes, rather than wanting to run them into a wall so they no longer pose a risk to society.

# 772
edit on 10-5-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2017 by TheWhiteKnight because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

"a seed"

Having seeds in one's cannabis is a true crime and should be a punishable offense in and of itself.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Just make it legal already. Alcohol and cigarettes are legal. Absolutely no reason for pot not to be legal also.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Can't employers just abandon this whole testing thing and tell employees to smoke on days off?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

If I smoked on the weekend, should I be criminalized a few days or a few weeks down the road?

Imo, no. But the letter of the law and its devices say otherwise. If its illegal and its on you or in you, as far as they are concerned, tough.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: TheWhiteKnight

I think that if you cannot drive normally on pot, then you shouldn't be issued a license. If anything, it's easier. You have greater cognizance and compassion, and pity, for morons fiddling with their collars, who are relying on their computer pilot to keep them in their lanes, rather than wanting to run them into a wall so they no longer pose a risk to society.

That was funny. Weed, the great 'tolerator'.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
Just make it legal already. Alcohol and cigarettes are legal. Absolutely no reason for pot not to be legal also.

Legal just not at work?

I drive by the new apple citadel in silicon valley, the sign on the gate says "tobacco free zone". One day, when corporations rule the world, everywhere will be like this.

Signs on the roadway read, welcome to appletown, no guns, drugs, alcohol, cigarettes or bad language allowed.

The real fine print at the bottom thats not readable from your car says, "Without permit. police, executives and upper management exempt.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

I did see that one. The only problem is it isn't ready yet. Hopefully soon. Is it close to being done? Or are these companies just trying to get the patents?

They can test you right at work. Should save money and tell if you're actually impaired.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
mouth swabs suck.

I know ppl who just smoked go to interview get swabbed. pass. still work there mat be thsee won't be as crap
edit on 10-5-2017 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: network dude

houndlabs.com...

Using cutting-edge science and technology, Hound Labs, Inc. is the first company to detect and measure THC in breath. Using only one or two breaths, the patent-pending approach detects THC and measure levels to well below 500 picograms. The Company’s scientific breakthrough has been optimized to create a prototype of the first dual alcohol and marijuana breathalyzer at a price that will be practical for use by law enforcement at the roadside.

This is in the works.

I wonder if you have to smoke it to be detected or if it detects the THC from edibles?

What if a cop sees an open tray of brownies?

link   
a reply to: Tuomptonite
Well there should be a few. Especially if its good s*** and the seeds exhibit polyploidy.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Doctor Smith
They can test you right at work. Should save money and tell if you're actually impaired.

Hey...even straight people can be impaired because "stoopid" isn't anything to do with being high.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join