It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Liberals Aren’t as Tolerant as They Think

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: TruMcCarthy

He can't be gay because he has children. People who are gay are not sexually excited by the opposite sex. He may be a bisexual but he's not gay.

That is totally preposterous. My grandfather was gay, yet he had children with my grandmother. He assumed the role of a straight man to avoid the blowback, but he was definitely gay, not bisexual. And I'm sure a politician could assume the role of a Christian, because they know they couldn't be President as a Muslim at this point in history. As the old saying goes, you can't judge a book by it's cover.

I have heard multiple gay people say when they were growing up, they just knew they were "different". And that they would not get sexually excited by the opposite sex. The impression that I got was they simple could not have sex with a woman.

Being a Muslim requires severe religious disciplines. How can he be a Muslim if he does not follow any of the disciplines? You are just making up fake news without any real facts.

edit on 10-5-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:44 PM
link   

a reply to: Sheye

I guess I do not understand how the conversation switches to be about me. I think anyone who uses the word "ape" to refer to black guy in that way is just wrong. Do you agree?

Sure do. That's why I would have stood up for Alvin....unlike you who just exploited his story.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

How, exactly, would you have stood up for him?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: TruMcCarthy

He can't be gay because he has children. People who are gay are not sexually excited by the opposite sex. He may be a bisexual but he's not gay.

That is totally preposterous. My grandfather was gay, yet he had children with my grandmother. He assumed the role of a straight man to avoid the blowback, but he was definitely gay, not bisexual. And I'm sure a politician could assume the role of a Christian, because they know they couldn't be President as a Muslim at this point in history. As the old saying goes, you can't judge a book by it's cover.

I have heard multiple gay people say when they were growing up, they just knew they were "different". And that they would not get sexually excited by the opposite sex. The impression that I got was they simple could not have sex with a woman.

Well, your impression is wrong. A lot of gay men felt like they couldn't be out. And they led heterosexual lives, raised families, and eventually found the courage to come out.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: XTexan

As I already stated...I would have called the guy a d*ckhead and told him to never set foot in my business again. And if I felt so much as slightly threatened, I would have called the police.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

I guess I do not understand how the conversation switches to be about me. I think anyone who uses the word "ape" to refer to black guy in that way is just wrong. Do you agree?

Sure do. That's why I would have stood up for Alvin....unlike you who just exploited his story.

What do you mean "sure do". Is that a "yes". You agree calling black person an "ape" in a derogatory fashion is not very nice?

Exploitative how just exactly?

I get it you want to label me as exploitative so the discussion becomes about me again.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:50 PM
link   

What do you mean "sure do". Is that a "yes". You agree calling black person an "ape" in a derogatory fashion is not very nice?

I get it you want to label me as exploitative so the discussion becomes about me again.

You wrote:

"I think anyone who uses the word "ape" to refer to black guy in that way is just wrong. Do you agree?"

I wrote:

"Sure do."

Is that not clear?

link   

As I already stated...I would have called the guy a d*ckhead and told him to never set foot in my business again. And if I felt so much as slightly threatened, I would have called the police.

How do you know I didn't? Why are you drawing that conclusion?

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: ketsuko

Why do we need to be tolerant?

Now that is a really good question.

link   

Being gay means you love men, and want relationships with men(As an identified Man). It does not mean Sex, you just make that logic leap to make your argument sound reasonable against a caricature.

Being straight does not mean you sexually participate with Women as a Man, it means you seek relationships and love women.

Bisexual means both.

The sexual details are merely a strawman for you to attack other ideas of sexuality and validate your own with a faulty political backing as it's source for your individual(correct me if I'm wrong here) racism or lack of masculinity. I only suggest this because I do actually doubt you found relationships and their titles based on sex, that's preposterously ignorant.

Assuming you can make this assumption for another individual is also preposterously ignorant. Should I assume you're straight? No. It's rude to project such things matters. Aggressively demanding that with such uncredible evidence only shows your opinion is actually about gay people, and not Obama.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Because you didn't say so when you told the story. And now, if you claim you did something...I cringe because it reads as a flipping lie and more exploitation.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You wrote:

"I think anyone who uses the word "ape" to refer to black guy in that way is just wrong. Do you agree?"

I wrote:

"Sure do."

Is that not clear?

Well, at least we can agree that racism actually exists in this country. This is progress.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Now that I understand the reference more .. I agree.

Hopefully Alvin and his homies don't have their choice words for other races because quite frankly blacks are some of the most racist folks out there... with some very insulting words for others. It's in their music.. their award shows.. and I hear they are having an all black graduation ceremony at a university this year but they don't want it called " secular"🙄

I don't see big white guys with lots of muscle going around beating on blacks who trash them all the time. Tell Alvin he needs to take a chill pill and practice more tolerance if that's how he deals with racism and name calling. Other races including whites put up with it all the time coming from blacks. Blacks can even be extremely racist against each other.. depending on percentage of black heritage one has.

Say hi to Alvin for me... nothing personal against him .. just saying it as I see it😕

That should have been written as SOME blacks

edit on 10-5-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2017 by Sheye because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Mordekaiser

No.

Sexual orientation is about sexual attraction. Otherwise, no straight women would want relationships with women and there would be very few of us.

I like having friendships with both sexes, but I am only sexually attracted to men which is what makes me straight.
edit on 10-5-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

link   

So nothing. You would have called him a name, big deal.

What happened: dfn went outside to speak with the person, heard racially charged language and the guy left.

What you want to have happened: hear the racially charged language and then escalate the situation to a possible physical altercation?

How is that better?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Attraction is not sexual activity. Pretty sure I made that clear. Now who cares about who is attracted to who and why again? Ignorance? Arrogant patron-ism?
edit on 10-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

So nothing. You would have called him a name, big deal.

What happened: dfn went outside to speak with the person, heard racially charged language and the guy left.

What you want to have happened: hear the racially charged language and then escalate the situation to a possible physical altercation?

How is that better?

Yeah, you're right whenever I hear someone verbally abuse someone I like or respect. I just let them do it because if I stand up for my friend, I might escalate the situation and no matter how much I might like my friend and care about them, it's just not worth it.

Shoot, if someone stabs my friend, I better stay clear of that too.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

No. It's not progress. It's all regress with you, in my experience.

You aren't the first to discover it. No one has denied that racism exists.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Because you didn't say so when you told the story. And now, if you claim you did something...I cringe because it reads as a flipping lie and more exploitation.

What happened next is irrelevant. The story was not about me. Isn't that kind of the point of the whole thread. No matter what black people or anyone claims that right wingers or conservatives are doing it's really about the person who is speaking. Flip the argument around so the speaker has to defend himself is your tactic.

Why does my next action even matter? The moment the guy said the word "ape" in that context it became racism and not conversation about business. There is no rationality to this or any reason to justify someone using that word in that context. But I'm sure you will say I am just being SJW and I am too sensitive.

I should have told Alvin what the guy said so he would have crushed that guy the next time he met him. That would have been justice.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

mm.

Whatevs.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join