It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new aerial tour of the Nellis Test and Training Range, and then an old one

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   
First the old tour as presented on the archived Bluefire website:
Blufire NTTR tour

And the new one:
Avi ationist NTTR tour

I will use the phrase "for my money", but you pay nothing other than Internet costs to view either site. Well anyway, for my money, I like the old tour. It shows parts of the range that are really hard to see without hiking rarely used trails. For the views presented on the new flight, you might as well hike Tikaboo and see more.

Incidentally the article in the Aviationist indicates the distance from Tikaboo to Groom is 50 miles, when it is more like 26.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Wow, thank you for sharing! I have seen neither of these expeditions before, but I will agree with you that the older tour is more of a treat.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Ahhh, Bluefire! I can't count the hours that I spent on that site, along with Glenn's Ufomind /Desert Rat and your own Lazy G back in the day. All were / are some of the wittiest, most entertaining and interesting places that I've ever found on the web. Tom's current site is a worthwhile destination, as well. He's still got the touch, and his article there about the history of speed of light measurement is fascinating. And "Drones!!".....funny, funny guy!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinomech
Ahhh, Bluefire! I can't count the hours that I spent on that site, along with Glenn's Ufomind /Desert Rat and your own Lazy G back in the day. All were / are some of the wittiest, most entertaining and interesting places that I've ever found on the web. Tom's current site is a worthwhile destination, as well. He's still got the touch, and his article there about the history of speed of light measurement is fascinating. And "Drones!!".....funny, funny guy!

Tom's miscellaneous page has some great stuff. I suggest his "grand jury" story.

www.otherhand.org...

new topics

top topics

join