It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother monkey appears to cry out after her son collapses

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Is this assigning human emotions to a wild animal? Or did this monkey loose it's sh when it saw it's offspring collapse. It seems like the more we study animals the more we see they are not just "dumb" as they seem.

A monkey appeared to cry out in worry after her son collapsed.

However, her stress was unwarranted; the baby monkey had just tripped over and was soon back up on its feet.

The mother was photographed in Jabalphur, India, by 31-year-old Avinash Lodhi.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The photographer has never seen anything like this in her career.

"This moment is rare, especially with animals."

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:38 PM
link   
So the son was Ok?

Just another helicopter mom. I bet she spit on a leaf and tried to clean his face off.

"Mah baby!!!!!"

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

Humans are animals, mammals to be specific, and are not alone in the way we experience emotions!

edit on 10-5-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Years ago I saw a documentary about a clan of chimpanzees. One mother's child died very young. She continued to carry the child around, attempted to feed it. The other chimps just gave her her space. Eventually she accepted the reality and wailed. It was heartbreaking.

I've also heard that when African elephants travel past the remains of a former member, each member of the clan will stop and physically touch the bones, one by one, as they pass. Quite remarkable.

Lastly, I don't care what scientists say, my dog has definite emotions.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Dog owners, 'Pet people' agree with that.

Some own a family pet like they own a piece of furniture. Treat it that way and it becomes the furniture.

Treat them with kindness, love and respect and they return that too. Its not people vs. animal emotions, the feelings of love, play and contentment are universal, we just have different ways of showing it.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

Years ago I saw a documentary about a clan of chimpanzees. One mother's child died very young. She continued to carry the child around, attempted to feed it. The other chimps just gave her her space. Eventually she accepted the reality and wailed. It was heartbreaking.

I've also heard that when African elephants travel past the remains of a former member, each member of the clan will stop and physically touch the bones, one by one, as they pass. Quite remarkable.

Elephants communicate with low rumbling sounds that go through the ground and air. I'd imagine their bones resonate at these frequencies as well, so that they could pick up the vibrations. Picking up those bones would probably let them feel the vibration through their trunks. Maybe they could even identify someone from the resonant frequency of those bones.

A pair of seagulls once raised a chick right below my apartment window. Very demanding, they had to feed that chick every six hours. Once time, the mother kept being pestered by junior for food, but she didn't have any so she kept turning her back on him. Next day she flew away early to find food and then came back at lunchtime. I remember hearing the equivalent of a seagull mothers scream. Junior had gone off looking for food by himself. She then had to go flying around the whole area to find him. Not far away, just about 150 meters at the railway station.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

Dog owners, 'Pet people' agree with that.

Some own a family pet like they own a piece of furniture. Treat it that way and it becomes the furniture.

Treat them with kindness, love and respect and they return that too. Its not people vs. animal emotions, the feelings of love, play and contentment are universal, we just have different ways of showing it.

Amen. I seen this and thought how sad that mother was feeling the lose of her baby. You can see the pain in her face. Sad very sad.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
Is this assigning human emotions to a wild animal? Or did this monkey loose it's sh when it saw it's offspring collapse. It seems like the more we study animals the more we see they are not just "dumb" as they seem.

A monkey appeared to cry out in worry after her son collapsed.

However, her stress was unwarranted; the baby monkey had just tripped over and was soon back up on its feet.

The mother was photographed in Jabalphur, India, by 31-year-old Avinash Lodhi.
www.telegraph.co.uk...

The photographer has never seen anything like this in her career.

"This moment is rare, especially with animals."

anyone who spends any time with a variety of animals should notice that they have a wide range of emotions. Anyone who is surprised about this doesn't spend enough time paying attention to them. I have never spoken to a Biologist who thinks that mammals do not have emotions. This isn't really a new thing.
edit on 10-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-5-2017 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Butterfinger
So the son was Ok?

Just another helicopter mom. I bet she spit on a leaf and tried to clean his face off.

"Mah baby!!!!!"

That's what I was thinking. I think animals certainly have emotions and bonds similar to the ones we have. I know my dog whines and cries and licks my 2 year olds face and won't leave him alone when hes upset. I let go of his hand at the park and he tripped over his shoes and went face first into the mulch. I involuntarily screamed and felt like a goof because he was fine. Seems pretty normal as a mother to me lol.

-Alee

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson

I think scientists are pretty much agreed that dogs have extremely high emotional intelligence.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

many years ago when I was a kid we had a dog...and a horse...one day the horse stepped on my sisters foot...not broken but she walked with a limp for a couple of weeks...our dog... when she would walk with my sister she limped, but she walked normal with the rest of us during that time period!!

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: research100

Dogs are amazing animals. They are smart and can "see" our moods.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

To cheer you up...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

many years ago when I was a kid we had a dog...and a horse...one day the horse stepped on my sisters foot...not broken but she walked with a limp for a couple of weeks...our dog... when she would walk with my sister she limped, but she walked normal with the rest of us during that time period!!

That's a really neat display of empathy!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 07:33 AM
link   
"The more I see of men, the more I like dogs"

posted on Jun, 30 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The larger primates are far more self away than we realize, orangutanes can learn alot of things humans can and pass the mirror test as well. It's near criminal what we do to them sometimes.

posted on Jul, 15 2017 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I remember a time at the zoo when I was a kid watching chimps playing. They were in an enclosure that had an electric fence, surrounded by a moat, and then a high wall with another fence. A group of adolescent chimps stood near the inner fence and were taking turns throwing a stick at it. They would pick up the stick, edge towards the fence and hit it, letting go just before making contact. The mother chimp noticed what they were doing and went over, snatching the stick off one of them and cuffing him about the ear. That didn't stop them from the game though, and as soon the mothers back was turned they went back to playing the stick game. The mother noticed again and repeated the process, but again, as soon as her back was turned they were back at it. One of the kids eventually failed to let go of the stick in time and got zapped. He squealed and ran over to mom for a cuddle. After a bit of tenderness and a stroke,Mom then went back over to the group, picked up the stick, threw it into the moat and scattered the other kids. It was very human like behaviour.
edit on 15-7-2017 by Zehmzaziel because: (no reason given)

top topics

join