It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors seek caning for gay couple in Indonesia's Aceh

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
a reply to: Bhadhidar

I wish I could tell you, Bhadhidar...

I'd guess it's a cultural thing.

I think it's fair to say that it's a religious thing. We have the haters here, but they cloak it in "Hate the sin, love the sinner". But when it plays out, there seems to be a heftier amount of hate than love in that equation. And if you're down on gays because they're gay...well, it's all just a matter of degrees after that, isn't it?

I tend to disagree with that, Johnny.

I'm of the mindset that if someone wants to hate, they'll use any excuse.
Whether religion, politics etc

Without the religions people would still hate gay people.
People would still be racist.
People would still be sexist.

But with the Hadith, it give some someone a reason to do so.

That's not to lambast all Hadith, some of them are actually sensible, beautiful even...
But it can't be ignored that every single piece of hatred in "Islam" comes from the Hadith.

Quranism is the way forward for Muslims. IMO.

It'd be our own reformation to drop out writings that were scribed 200 years after the Prophet passed away, many of which even contradict the Quran.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Could be, Butcher...

I'm not sure how they work in the Middle East to be honest.

I don't know many, if any, Western Muslims that subscribe to the Hadith outside of how they Pray.

There isn't much caning and beheading going on...

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

a reply to: Bhadhidar

I wish I could tell you, Bhadhidar...

I'd guess it's a cultural thing.

I think it's fair to say that it's a religious thing. We have the haters here, but they cloak it in "Hate the sin, love the sinner". But when it plays out, there seems to be a heftier amount of hate than love in that equation. And if you're down on gays because they're gay...well, it's all just a matter of degrees after that, isn't it?

I tend to disagree with that, Johnny.
I'm of the mindset that if someone wants to hate, they'll use any excuse.
Whether religion, politics etc
Without the religions people would still hate gay people.
People would still be racist.
People would still be sexist.
But with the Hadith, it give some someone a reason to do so.
True. Like some like to say, "Haters gonna hate". But we also have people on this very thread whose moral compass is set by bronze-age folk tales, and they call homosexuality a sin. Sin is bad, right? What is done after that declaration is only a matter of scale.

And you don't have to throw somebody off of a roof to engage in cruel acts. Turning away from one's child because one's faith demands it is not uncommon among otherwise 'good ' Christians. They treat Christianity like an aisle at Walmart...some of this, some of that, no...pass on the 'Judge Not' this week, but a double helping of some of the Commandments.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

To be truthful all sins are equal in the eyes of God. That said the OT laws were for Hebrews to follow when the population was low and they needed as many sons and daughters as they could get.

Christians are to follow the NT laws and as such if i remember correctly there is no mention of being Gay in that.

Study who the 10 commandments were for as well and the time they were used in. MOdern christians who toss their kids out for being gay are wrong because it dont say anything about it in the NT. One of the commands was to keep the sabbath,but guess what? That was for HEBREWS and not Gentiles. alot of christians who judge gay people will be really surprised when they die.
edit on 17000000pppm by yuppa because: clarification

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

To be truthful all sins are equal in the eyes of God. That said the OT laws were for Hebrews to follow when the population was low and they needed as many sons and daughters as they could get.

Christians are to follow the NT laws and as such if i remember correctly there is no mention of being Gay in that.
So who says homosexuality is a sin, anyway?
It can be argued that Christ said that the old laws were to continue. It can be argued that he, himself made comments again gays. It can also be argued that Bronze Age folk tales are totally irrelevant in modern society. However, the Bible is still cited as the guiding principal by a lot of American lawmakers. Never mind separation of church and state.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:16 PM
link   

So who says homosexuality is a sin, anyway?
It can be argued that Christ said that the old laws were to continue. It can be argued that he, himself made comments again gays. It can also be argued that Bronze Age folk tales are totally irrelevant in modern society. However, the Bible is still cited as the guiding principal by a lot of American lawmakers. Never mind separation of church and state.

Heres where you and most get confused. Yes Jesus said he came to fulfill the law OF THE HEBREWS. He said this to the HEBREWS. Read the bible and research it a bit on who the OT was addressed to. Hebrews are to keep the 10 commandments. gentiles being under the covenant of GRACE/NT have to do only 3 things by comparison. And Truthfully according to the church everything we do is a sin.(lol)

Adultry is a sin correct,and Homosexuality falls under that correct?
All are equal in severity and there is none greater than another.

I do realize that alot of people these days are totally un educated and misuse the Bible as well.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

The argument that makes Christians heads explode is if God created Adam and Eve and his creation is perfect, then when and why exactly did homosexual activity begin?

But hey, according to the creation story incest is condoned. After all we'd be extinct if brothers did not sleep with mother and sisters.

But you know, only gay is bad blah blah blah so and and so forth.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I really do appreciate you responding with a 'teachable moment', but I don't recognise the relevance in today's society. Good is good, and bad is bad. But the declaration of homosexuality as a sin is both arbitrary and artificial. Believe it if you wish, but it should not be imposed upon others. Certainly, don't legislate morality based upon the scriptures. The founding fathers had that much figured out. While I may sound hypercritical, I thank you for your comments, which I think were conveyed with sincerity.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Welll I mean ALL intercourse is a sin. i should had clarified a bit more. My bad. not just homosexual intercourse.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: markosity1973

The argument that makes Christians heads explode is if God created Adam and Eve and his creation is perfect, then when and why exactly did homosexual activity begin?

But hey, according to the creation story incest is condoned. After all we'd be extinct if brothers did not sleep with mother and sisters.

But you know, only gay is bad blah blah blah so and and so forth.

Welll Look at the Bible like this. its essentially using metaphore and story and some factual events and morals. Gods time scale is way different than ours btw. The Bible is a way for Gods children to understand the world and Gods place after this one.
Since God is not mortal and is Omnipotent the whole earth created in 6 days to him would be billions or trillions of years to do. A Day to God is Incomprehensible to humans concept of a Day. SO God evolved humans. That explains the bones of our ancestors. God is a scientist in other words.

As to incest. Yes It started out that way. eventually Mutations developed in our genes and by the time of Moses it was Illegal unde mosaic law due to birth defects and mutations. By then there was enough diversity worldwide to perpetuate the species without marrying ones cousin or sister.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Welll I mean ALL intercourse is a sin. i should had clarified a bit more. My bad. not just homosexual intercourse.

Nope
Straight Invercouse between husband and wife is alright

Gay homosexual inter course is an unnatural ABOMINATION. Even according to the Bible.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: firefromabove

No. It's a health code. Do you eat seafood? Wear mixed fabrics clothing?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

No. It's a health code. Do you eat seafood? Wear mixed fabrics clothing?

I eat freshwater fish

I wear only pure cotton fabric

Any other questions?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:18 PM
link   

LOL. A nice lie. *Pats your back*

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: firefromabove

Nope
Gay homosexual inter course is an unnatural ABOMINATION. Even according to the Bible.

Well, according to you, so I recommend that you do not engage in homosexual sex. That aside...what's it to you?

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Its an abomination according to most sane humans around the world.

its illegal in my country.
edit on 12-5-2017 by firefromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Double
edit on 12-5-2017 by firefromabove because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Your country is an abomination.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Its an abomination according to most sane humans around the world.
its illegal in my country.
No wonder you sound so testy! In my country, we just issued a new postage stamp.

I'd venture to say that makes us saner. Have a pint. Relax. In my country, it's Friday.

Quick edit to repeat the question that you left unanswered...what's it to you?
edit on 12-5-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: yes!

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Nope

It's a victimless crime (and it's only a crime according to your dumb god book) is what it is.

What is your opinion on female anal oral sex then? Because anything gay's do, straights do too.
edit on 12-5-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join