It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prosecutors seek caning for gay couple in Indonesia's Aceh

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Shariah prosecutors in Indonesia's Aceh province say two men on trial for gay sex should each be punished with 80 lashes, in another blow to the country's moderate image after a top Christian official was imprisoned for blasphemy.

The couple was arrested in late March after neighborhood vigilantes in the provincial capital Banda Aceh suspected them of being gay and set out to catch them having sex. Mobile phone footage that circulated online and forms part of the evidence shows one of the men naked and visibly distressed as he apparently calls for help on his cellphone. The second man is repeatedly pushed by another man who is preventing the couple from leaving the room.

If found guilty, the men will be the first to be caned for gay sex under a new Shariah code implemented in Aceh two years ago.

Prosecutors seek caning for gay couple in Indonesia's Aceh

This is it folks...

Sharia law at is core...mysoginistic, homophobic barbarism whose cultish fervor results in Stone Age justice.

I look forward to the moral relativist liberals and progressives who will defend these inbred savages and their Stone Age sensibilities shaped by a "prophet" who extolled the virtues of raping slave women...and killing gays...

Sharia law is not law in any High minded enlightened sense...it is merely a series of edicts upheld by people who preach morality yet ignore the inherent morality born of being a human...

How can we, the west, argue with "educated" people over a magic moon god who wants gay people caned....it's ludicrous and Indonesia is spiraling into the logical conclusion to any Islamic story: third world dictatorial, theocratic hell...unironically I might add

Welcome to Islam 2.0 folks...a homophobic, mysoginistic, superstitious cult defended by western liberals who have spent a century legally dismantling Christianity...

The only solace I draw from any of these incidents is that I will live to see such times when the liberals will reap the sharia crop they have sown and protected with such a vehemence unrivaled in modern history...

-Chris

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:27 PM
link   
This is awful.

Thankfully we have religions like Christianity to accept gays with open arms.

Er.......

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Christosterone

You will be waiting a long time if you think anyone will defend these actions..a very long time.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:30 PM
link   
They might like being lashed. It's better than being beheaded!

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton
This is awful.

Er.......

The Catholic Church has been proven to protect gay pedophile priests.
Sounds pretty accepting to me.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
And if they like spanking? Then it really would not be a punishment.
Joking aside this is stupid. And who the hell would defend this? I swear people keep buying into that propaganda.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   

This is awful.

Er.......

Show me a Christian society caning gays in 2017?

Islam is proceeding in a retrograde orbit sensibility wise while all the other magic-being-in-the-sky religions are socially and scientifically evolving...

Meanwhile Islam when sharia exists would see my physician wife subjugated to my masculine rule and my homosexual sibling caned or put to death...

Forgive me if I find your dismissal disingenuous....I am a Texan and live in arguably one of the most conservative Christian places on earth...
Yet nobody is going to can or kill my sibling nor take my wife's drivers license away...let alone make her cover her head...

Islam an it's cultish rules belong and far from legal doctrine as possible....it's ludicrous to follow edicts from a seventh century warlord who banged a seven year old...that's never been acceptable...

Chris

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Uganda.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I won't defend this.

In fact I'll go the whole hog and say the treatment of Gay people by my fellow Muslims is one of the worst aspects of the Faith.

They should try reading the Quran, where the word Gay/Homosexual doesn't appear.

They'd rather be ruled by Hadith.

Glad I'm a Quranist, and doubly glad that it's the fastest growing form of Islam.

These backward freaks should pay more attention to Jesus (PBUH) and judge not lest ye be judged.

/rant

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

This is awful.

Er.......

Islam is proceeding in a retrograde orbit sensibility wise while all the other magic-being-in-the-sky religions are socially and scientifically evolving...

Meanwhile Islam when sharia exists would see my physician wife subjugated to my masculine rule and my homosexual sibling caned or put to death...

Forgive me if I find your dismissal disingenuous....I am a Texan and live in arguably one of the most conservative Christian places on earth...
Yet nobody is going to can or kill my sibling nor take my wife's drivers license away...let alone make her cover her head...

Islam an it's cultish rules belong and far from legal doctrine as possible....it's ludicrous to follow edicts from a seventh century warlord who banged a seven year old...that's never been acceptable...

Chris

They don't because they can't.

Don't pretend Christians haven't condemned gays to "burning in hell for eternity".

Are you that nieve?

Or just bias?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   

But(t) F**king a goat is acceptable? Oh the irony.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

This is awful.

Er.......

Chris

They don't because they can't.

Don't pretend Christians haven't condemned gays to "burning in hell for eternity".

Are you that nieve?

Or just bias?

Yeah, we get it. You hate Christians. How wonderful for you.

This politically-conservative agnostic has a Christian girlfriend who has gay friends who have been with us at my house.

Most of my friends I think would consider themselves Christians and I've never heard a bad word about gays from any of them.

I don't know of any major Christian denomination that would advocate the kind of vitriol towards gays commonly attributed to the Death Cult of Islam, for example.

Where are you getting this stuff?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Hahaha.

Wheres my feminist at?

Do you see?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: SBMcG

We don't hate Christians and Muslims. We just hate their ideologies.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Obviously this can't be defended nor should anyone try. However, to think that we are so far separated from this type of activity is incorrect. Our VP still favors conversion therapy.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

Uganda.

I'd just like to add:

Hours later, Ketifa's uncle reported how the meeting had ended: Sharon was beaten to death. Ketifa was shocked. The council generally punished people with forced labor or, at worst, a caning. She ran over to the family's yard, but it was too late. She could just make out the shape of Sharon's body lying uncovered in the darkness.

Source

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

So a bunch of words is as bad as physically caning someone or chucking him off a rooftop in this life?

Btw, you should know that no human being can condemn another to hell. That's the sort of judging we can't do. What we can do is warn you what happens when you engage in sin and do not seek forgiveness, but that is what happens to everyone if they don't seek forgiveness. Gays aren't special sinners compared to anyone else in the world.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
They might like being lashed. It's better than being beheaded!

That is offensive in the extreme

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So a bunch of words is as bad as physically caning someone or chucking him off a rooftop in this life?

Exactly. I get that some folks don't like / trust us gay folk. I also get that we're never going to silence then completely. (Freedom of speech and all)

So based on the above, it's much easier to ignore a tirade of words than imprisonment, physical punishment or the death penalty all over something that is feared out of pure ignorance.
edit on 10-5-2017 by markosity1973 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Apparently you're refusing to acknowledge the large amounts of Christian churches that perform gay marriage ceremonies or have gay pastors

Nice blinders.

You seem as bigoted towards christians as you claim christians are to gays...

You should probably hold up a mirror, your hate is showing

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join