It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Discrimination as Defense

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: szino9

I kinda see it.
Not from anyone who matters though. Usually teenagers or young adults who haven't had life smack them upside the head yet.

Like I eluded to in my previous post, the people pushing this victim mentality are weak minded and need an excuse (usually other people) for their perceived failures.

I realize that a lot of people have a more difficult journey in life, and I respect that.
However,
I do not respect ANYONE who claims that their struggle is more significant than mine or anyone else's.
Sure it can be tougher, easier or different in many, many ways.
But never say that is more important or significant than mine or anyone else's. It's not.

The sad part is, that there is a lot of discrimination, racism, ect. in the world, but when these idiots blame it for everything, it becomes the boy who cried wolf and the seriousness of the issue is softened.

Almost is if by design..

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o

I kinda see it.................... snip!

No, you don't.

You are far from "seeing it" dear friend.

One day, you may need a person who has been in the position which you are so quick to chastise. Perspective is a rare thing and often comes from experiencing a lot of inner pain.

Flame me all you wish...but you have no idea. Wisdom knocks quietly....listen carefully.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

For a look into the future of America if we don't put a stop to this bullcrap, look at Europe, where the courts are scarcely punishing muslim refugee rapists for rapes and muggings because "their culture is different." Sounds eerily similar to the BS used to avoid incarcerating or even expelling illegal aliens who commit crimes in the US, doesn't it?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: o0oTOPCATo0o
The sad part is, that there is a lot of discrimination, racism, ect. in the world.

...yeah, much of it coming from the ones using accusations of racism to defend their own lack of personal responsibility.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

What are you defending yourself from??

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: nerbot

You are far from "seeing it" dear friend.

No disrespect,
but I think you may be missing what the "it" is in this case.
The "it" is people claiming discrimination when there is none.
I don't see it much in real life, because most of the people in my life have common sense and self respect, but it is rampant on TV and in the news.
You can see in my other post, that I know it exists in the world and that it is a problem.
However, there is also a (smaller) problem with people crying wolf because they think the world is out to get them when it is not.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Definitely can be discriminated for superficial attributes. There are many out there who would harm you for what you look like.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join