It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fragile spirit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Fragile spirit:
I would like to see a a forum titled fragile spirit. Like fragile earth 's forum, fragile spirit would be a place for people to talk about the fragile nature of the human spirit. It would not be confined to religious talk, and it would not be confined to talking about the idea of life after death – but it would be about human nature and everything to do with it.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: apydomis

I think there are plenty of forums for the kind of thing you are thinking of.

How about philosophy and metaphysics for starters?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Could not help myself after the binary thread, im sorry, that did my head in. xx

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:04 AM
link   

This topic is too depressing for me.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015

This topic is too depressing for me.

Wow, you must be depressed most of the time if this little ditty bugs you.

Cheer up!

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: apydomis
Fragile spirit:
I would like to see a a forum titled fragile spirit. Like fragile earth 's forum, fragile spirit would be a place for people to talk about the fragile nature of the human spirit. It would not be confined to religious talk, and it would not be confined to talking about the idea of life after death – but it would be about human nature and everything to do with it.

Someone mentioned other forums wherein conversation, the likes of which you speak, are found. I wonder though, if your suggestion is more pertaining to having a space wherein the interactions with another is founded wholly upon the idea that regardless our superficial differences, the conversation and "debate" is gentle, loving, and warm, regardless of where the conversation goes....? Because, to me, that would be a different type of thread altogether. Because, even in the very very few threads in which I participate, and (apparently) regardless the T&Cs....it seems to me that at some point in each of these threads, some empty/angry/hurt person feels the need to distract from their insecurities as a human, by weaponizing their words, and tearing into those of us who are AWAKE, and Ascending, and Love Love Love without safety nets. I shan't be culled, thank you.

I think I understand that which you seek....I also don't know if this Moderne Virtual Reality is where The Lovers "act out", per se... We like face-to-face change, direct helping/assisting, loving.... The Online World, however, seems like where The Dark Ones are drawn to communicate their negativity/sarcasm. Mostly because, I think, said Nasty-McNasters won't ever, ever be held accountable for their behavior when they are "Anonymous". Period.

When I am feeling particularly fragile, I head to the grocery store parking lot. And I look for physically fragile people to help. I find myself to be of the most use when seniors are unloading their bags into their cars. I park my car, and I step up saying something along the lines of, "Hi, I'm HFG, I was just about to head into the store when I saw you here with these huge heavy (insert whatever)! Would you like some help? It sure is hot out, and WHEWWW!" Usually this is enough info/context for them to (usually) nod gratefully and begin thanking me before I've done anything. And then as I am packing their car, I mention stuff like, "Hey, I don't know about you, but I think the world needs a little more love right now. And all of us in it. So....I figure... Be the change you wish to see right? And I wanna see neighbors helping neighbors. Caring about someone simply because we're in the same village, not because we're going to get paid...." By now, I"m usually done with my task, and, well, the last lady I helped, said to me, "You have just restored my faith in humanity", and gave me a sweet little ol' lady hug.

We may not be able to change much by interfacing with artificially created Virtual Reality Selves...but go out in the world. Be the change you wish to see. It feels so f*cking GOOD.

My love to you.

edit on 10-5-2017 by HollywoodFarmGirl because: Why the heck did I say "arsehat"? Calling names, no good, HFG... :-)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 05:48 AM
link   
From what I've seen, forums with narrow scopes are where good topics go to die.

ATS already has a LOT of forums with varying degrees of overlap. Some are very "hot", while some are virtual ghost towns (ATS Stats).

My rule of hoof is if a subject becomes popular enough that it dominates a more generalized forum, it may well qualify for its own forum, but if not, a dedicated forum would probably do more harm than good. That's just my sense of things, however, and decisions on forums are ultimately up to the owners.

And as always, your mileage may vary, just my two horsehoes.

new topics

top topics

join