It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bug Chasers (Warning Graphic Language)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
Here's another thread dealing with it, as well.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Usually one thread will be closed if there is two on the baord......is this your thread by any chance your pointing to?

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DontTreadOnMe
I wonder if this is limited to the gay crowd, or is it they're the only ones talking about it?

Ya know when I first read this today - I thought this has to be an urban legend, because I remember years ago there was a rumor going around about girls having sex with HIV infected gang members as an initiation rite. That turned out to be false.

However, in this case - the "bug chasers" are real. This article is extremely blunt and graphic. (so be warned) It does acknowedge that there are "bug chasers" but does note that they are a very small minority. In fact he points out that only 42% of new HIV cases in the US stem from gay sex and few of them openly sought the disease. Something to think about.

B.

[edit on 2/3/05 by Bleys]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV]
Usually one thread will be closed if there is two on the baord

Not allways if its over three or fore months old. I just heard about this on the news last night and thought it was a new topic. Not to mention the fact that this could save someones life knowing there are people out there like this.

[edit on 3-2-2005 by Amuk]

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:11 PM
link   
IF this is true could the people from this group be charged with pre-meditated murder? im not a lawyer, but if the person to be infected gives consent would it still be considered murder when they die, knowing that after the person contracts the virus he/she would surely die? or maybe it would be an assisted suicide?

Tahlen

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Spliff,
I didnt get that information off the interenet, that is what all my history classes and sexEd classes have taught.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 12:57 AM
link   
One thing you people need to clarify here is there is a difference between HIV & full blown AIDS. Many people have HIV now, but not AIDS because there are drugs to keep them from getting AIDS. I'm not really sure if this is part of it, but maybe the drugs are paid for with government funds & then they no longer have to worry about using rubbers & they feel free to have their fun. Don't quote me on that because that was just a wild arse guess.

Regardless of their reasoning I think if people are going around talking about it like that they need to be taken out of society for awhile & get some medical attention at the very least because they endanger all of us in the long run.

In my opinion many of them probably have dads like spliff, which drives them to further away from mainstream society because they have no one to turn to besides their own community. I knew of a local guy here that my friend took care of in his final days of AIDS. He showered him, dressed him fed him etc. The guy was a multimillionaire so he was taken care of & even though it's illegal they turned up the morphine when it got to painful. I remember what seemed like the worst part about the end of his life was that he never talked to his father for years including the last days of his life, because his father would never except his lifestyle. Hope his dad is happy for standing his ground.

Originally posted by Tahlen
IF this is true could the people from this group be charged with pre-meditated murder?
Tahlen

While a bit off the subject there was a man recently in the news that was charged with infecting about 20 women with HIV. He was bitter at women & the world I guess.

[edit on 4-2-2005 by outsider]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:39 AM
link   

It was a straight man who spread aids origonaly, after he found out he had it, he went and had sex with all the women he could, because of the large amount of prostitution in the world it spread to both sexes.

I didnt get that information off the interenet, that is what all my history classes and sexEd classes have taught.

I think your teacher should be fired.

In my opinion many of them probably have dads like spliff, which drives them to further away from mainstream society because they have no one to turn to besides their own community.

As I've stated before, I dont hate gays. I hate their life-style. My kids are raised with attention. All they could ever want. And, to be honest, if one of them chose to infect himself with AIDS, I would dis-own him.

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 02:14 AM
link   
www.mtv.com...

Very Sad. Although I can see this occurring in small numbers, I have to question the origin of the philosophy. Is there the possibility individuals are encouraging homosexuals to partake in and spread this philosophy?

One example, imagine you are straight and have just been diagnosed with HIV....In your shock and frustrations you decide you are going to blame homosexuals and seek revenge.

Second example, you simply find homosexuals repulsive and/or believe they are sinners...In your infinite wisdom you recruit a few individuals to promote unsafe sex among men and promote lies of HIV/AIDS.

Third example, you are gay and tired of the stereotyped culture so you decide to leave your mark.

Fourth example, you work for the drug companies and you want more profits.

These are just some examples covering some cruel intentions and are not too far off from previous actions by individuals seeking intolerance throughout history.

Also a disturbing observation about individuals publishing articles or comments on the topic. They seem to believe homosexuals may be chasing the bug subconsciously. Just screams of slander. Unsafe sex and STDs are present in every socioeconomic category. Educate people. Promote acceptance. Teach responsibility. And hope they make the right decision.

[edit on 2/4/2005 by swintersVT]

posted on Feb, 4 2005 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by spliff4020

As I've stated before, I dont hate gays. I hate their life-style. My kids are raised with attention. All they could ever want. And, to be honest, if one of them chose to infect himself with AIDS, I would dis-own him.

Well, Mr. spiff I know where your comming from & I admit I too used to think just like you about 20 years ago. I've just grown more excepting of other viewpoints since then. No, I don't like it much, but I'm not here to tell others how to live.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsider

Well, Mr. spiff I know where your comming from & I admit I too used to think just like you about 20 years ago. I've just grown more excepting of other viewpoints since then. No, I don't like it much, but I'm not here to tell others how to live.

So are you saying that you accept gays "right" to infect themselves with AIDS? I think everyone has a right to have an opinion. I dont have to tell others how to live. They make their own choices. If this is what they want, far be it from me to stop em. I never told anyone how to do anything.

It sure does bolster my arguement that theirs is a lifetstyle of disease and suffering though. Also helps out the "they are all sick in the head" too....

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:59 PM
link   

So are you saying that you accept gays "right" to infect themselves with AIDS?

I do.

But I am a Libertarian and accept anyones right to stop living if they see fit.
I just dont like the Idea of the rest of us having to pay for thier Medical treatments.

Cug

posted on Feb, 10 2005 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I saw a story about this hummmm must of been a few years now on TV. They did a survey and found that most of the bug chasers regretted their choices.

A possible explanation for this is survivors guilt, especially in a city with a high gay population. Someone has watched many many friends die and feels guilty that they are still around then add in how thy might be longing for the support system HIV positive people have... Sorta of a way to "replace" the ones they lost.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join