It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newbie that never considered myself a conspiracy theorist till I was called one

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Detention camps, or facilities, already exist to hold illegal immigrants until they can be deported. I am more concerned about American citizens being placed in camps. Like Muslim Americans. a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I understand your points, I do understand that there is a difference between the illegal alien situation and the Japanese Americans during the 40s. I am more concerned that the American Muslim population will be put in camps, and although I'm gathering that these laws are being seen as a way to stop illegal immigration, I am more concerned on the part where police officers can hold American citizens until they can prove that they are here legally.

police can now hold citizens for no other reason than that they suspect they are not here legally. I believe this, coupled with the current climate in America, will lead to Muslim ( or just ppl of middle eastern decent) placed in camps for " their own protection" and also because " they may be terroists" looking to subvert us... both are reasons why the Japanese were placed in camps

a reply to: PepeTalk

edit on 10-5-2017 by thenly1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: thenly1
Detention camps, or facilities, already exist to hold illegal immigrants until they can be deported. I am more concerned about American citizens being placed in camps. Like Muslim Americans. a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

Suggestion: next time be explicit. If you had said you were concerned about 'muslim Americans' in your initial post, it would have saved a lot of confusion. I too initially thought you were talking about illegal immigration, as opposed to anti-muslim sentiment.

That said - I don't think Muslim Americans should be put into camps, but because Islam is a political ideology similar to naziism, not a religion, and since the vast majority of muslims are at LEAST sympathetic to Jihad, I think that justifies a belief that all muslims, American Citizen or not, should be automatically suspect, scrutinized, and treated accordingly.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: thenly1

Welcome thenly1 to ATS!

Time to do some reading. I recommend, "80 greatest conspiracies of all time" as a good starting point. Makes a great reference too. And when they finally revealed who Deepthroat was, I promptly updated my copy.

Enjoy wandering around this place! Glad to have you onboard!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join