It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newbie that never considered myself a conspiracy theorist till I was called one

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   
My name is James and I'm new to this conspiracy theorist life. I guess I should stop using that term now? To me it has a connotation of one be crazy... probably enforced by popular tv shows since I was a kid.

I'm in the US in the great state of TX closer to Louisiana than Houston. I'm moving to Mexico City to study social anthropology at the end of this month.

I guess now I'll outline my Conspiracy, or belief.

As a student of history, I do not see anything different from what is going on now than what happened to the Japanese Americans during ww2 when they were rounded up and put into camps. Tx recently passed a senate bill, that like other bills has the sensationalized name of "show me your papers" it not only forces law enforcement to act as immigration officials, but allows them to imprison a person up to 48 hours until they can provide proof of their legal status to remain in the us.

I guess my eyes are just opening up, you know? Like the Truman needlessly dropping the bombs on Japan.

The thing that made me join was that I was talking to my friend over drinks and having a discussion over politics, usually I try not to say my most wild speculations, but when I told him that I see American citizens put in these camps again he said " the world wouldn't allow it to happen today and if it did ppl would stop it" I told him " but we didn't, and by that time it will be too late" this is when he called me a conspiracy theorist.

I just want to know that I'm not alone; I know my beliefs are probably fatalist.

Well, here I am. Hello.

edit on 9-5-2017 by thenly1 because: (no reason given)

I'm not saying there are these camps in the US right now. Just that the current climate here is leading me to believe that there will be camps at a future date
edit on 10-5-2017 by thenly1 because: Added a clarification

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
No one is going into camps.

Welcome to ATS, James.
Good to have you here.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:43 PM
link   
It's a derogatory term for anyone who doesn't believe what everyone else tells them to believe

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
No one is going into camps.

Welcome to ATS, James.
Good to have you here.

I'm sure the Japanese Americans at the time thought so as well. We've done it multiple times in history. I don't think America has fundamentally changed since the 40s. You could point to mandatory sentencing as form of putting undesirables in camps.

Thanks, glad to be here

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Welcome to the nuthouse, weirdo!

As far as the rest of the stuff you posted..the intro forum is meant just to be a hello..so, hello.
And sure, some feel as you do. Its a bit extreme though considering they aren't locking up mexicans..just the illegal aliens until they can put em back.

Like, you aren't arresting anyone who visits your house...just the ones that sneak in the windows of your house in the middle of the night

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   
a reply to: thenly1

Welcome to the boards! It's obligatory that i direct you to your nearest fishing and tackle store, or farming/agriculture so you can purchase a nice pair of hip waders or coveralls. Occasionally you'll need them.

Also there's some tinfoil lying around somewhere. Make yourself a nice fancy hat. You must wear this at all times while visiting the site.

Being a conspiracy theorist isn't a bad thing. It just means you tend to think of different angles when looking at presented information. Consider it a compliment.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:01 AM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

Thanks for the welcome
obviously I would argue that forcing local police officers to act as immigration officers and also allowing them to imprison ppls for up to 48 hrs ,that are unable to prove their legal statutes, is a slippery slope. I was talking more about muslims citizens being put in camps for the same reasons the Japanese were, but it is also just as applicable to Mexicans. I don't really see this happening to Mexican Americans as they are not so "other" from us... at least not in TX.

But I understand that the intro isn't the place for this, but I thought giving a brief overview would be a good way for others to get a sense for me beside me saying I read, drink soda and have 3 chihuahuas

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Your avatar is hilarious a reply to: AnonyMason

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: thenly1

Thanks for the welcome
obviously I would argue that forcing local police officers to act as immigration officers and also allowing them to imprison ppls for up to 48 hrs ,that are unable to prove their legal statutes, is a slippery slope. I was talking more about muslims citizens being put in camps for the same reasons the Japanese were, but it is also just as applicable to Mexicans. I don't really see this happening to Mexican Americans as they are not so "other" from us... at least not in TX.

But I understand that the intro isn't the place for this, but I thought giving a brief overview would be a good way for others to get a sense for me beside me saying I read, drink soda and have 3 chihuahuas

I would recommend then your first thread discussing the mass muslim internment camps we have going on here. I am unaware of any such camps but if there are, then its time to do something about that.

or are you discussing Gitmo? is this a gitmo thing?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Welcome. Explore facts and no can call you a theorist of any stripe. Enjoy the site.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I didn't mean to imply that these camps currently exist, if I led you to believe that I apologize... cause even to me that sounds crazy, I'm just saying that the current climate in the United States leads me to believe that there will be camps in the future for the same reasons the Americans of Japanese decent were put into camps in the 40s and the laws being passed are making us more comfortable with the idea, or at least to " take it" when this happens

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Thanks for the welcome! a reply to: CulturalResilience

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 02:01 AM
link   
The f.e.m.a fun parks wont open till after the coup led by killary an obumma , so for moment your still safe .

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Now I just feel you're trying to belittle my view point, or else we have completely different views a reply to: VengefulGhost

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 03:47 AM
link   

Well t1, here's ATS.

My regards to you for joining. Me and me mates will look out for you.

We'll wait for your posts.

Kindly yours,

bally

edit on 10-5-2017 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

Edit: The one with the big ears is Hutch.
edit on 10-5-2017 by bally001 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Lol thanks for the welcome. I feel safer already!

a reply to: bally001

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:22 AM
link   

2nd line.

bally

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Except the Japanese where Americans. We don't want them rounded up and imprisoned, just to go home and stop rewarding illegal immigration over legal. If our border security hadn't been sabotaged by liberals and country club Republicans we wouldn't have to take these steps. If either side of the aisle would use a camp on Americans it'd be the far left. They're the ones stomping out speech and painting any other thought as evil. They've convinced a large chunk of their base that they're fighting the rise of the 4th Reich and that everyone who disagrees is a monster.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Welcome thenly1.

I don't think they need detention camps for illegal Latino aliens. If Trump gets his wall built, then all of Mexico is a detention camp. Since we are not at war with Mexico, then nothing more than getting profiled and hassled will happen to Latinos that are legal U.S. citizens. Don't get me wrong, that would be bad, no one needs the man hassling them or putting them in the slammer just because of their race or ethnicity, but that would be as far as this goes (I hope).

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   
That's what we all hope, I was speaking more about Muslim Americans tho. It is still outrages that American citizens could be imprisoned for not having their ID on them a reply to: MichiganSwampBuck

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join