It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberals Call for Comey to Resign, Trump Fires Comey, Liberals Outraged

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

This is not law enforcement but counter-espionage. You have to dig the whole thing up by the roots. That takes time.

About 5 years should do it. This isn't about finding the truth, it's about casting doubt and smearing a reputation. Sadly, it's the reputation of the country both YOU and I reside in and it seems I'm the only one who gives a #.

I feel exactly the same way. The investigation is about finding the truth about the program to spread doubt. It is opposed by people who are blind to what is before their eyes. If Donald J Trump had a single patriotic bone in his body he would resign before the nation falls apart at the seams.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:41 PM
link   

This is not law enforcement but counter-espionage. You have to dig the whole thing up by the roots. That takes time.

About 5 years should do it. This isn't about finding the truth, it's about casting doubt and smearing a reputation. Sadly, it's the reputation of the country both YOU and I reside in and it seems I'm the only one who gives a #.

I feel exactly the same way. The investigation is about finding the truth about the program to spread doubt. It is opposed by people who are blind to what is before their eyes. If Donald J Trump had a single patriotic bone in his body he would resign before the nation falls apart at the seams.

he should resign? is that how this game works? I don't like you, so I'll make # up and then cry about it for days, and with no proof, you will just give up.

That is about as weak an idea as I have ever heard. Would you give up and resign if you didn't do what was claimed?
I sure as hell wouldn't. I'd want to see the proof. And in this case I do. If he's guilty, then prosecute, impeach, hang him, whatever the law provides for. But to have nothing but innuendo and bull# and expect that to be enough is #ing ignorant.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Nixon resigned because the scandal over Watergate was pulling the country off course. Six months into his administration, and Trump is in a worse position. Rex Tillerson does not seem to be a bad choice for Secretary of State, and Pence is level headed, if dim. It may be the only way Trump can fulfill his stated agenda is by letting others pursue it in his absence. This brings up the question: why did Trump want to become President in the first place?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:47 PM
link   

I don't think he's a patriot. I actually think he's a turd. And with how big of a turd he is, it shocks me that his detractors can't find anything to actually stick. So we get this "Russian collusion" thing that, at this point, is merely a phantom. All we have to go on is Comey making subtle allusions that he won't back up (and seem unwieldy to the point of political motivation and gross overstatements) and anonymous sources reported from CNN. Maybe every now and then a partisan hack bobs their head on TV giving lip service to the innuendo. All the while, nothing is happening.

And now im expected to believe that a sane investigative wing would allow a treasonous president to remain in office while they cast a bigger net. That has to be the most ridiculous thing I've read in weeks.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

I'll see if I can break this down a bit for you. All the evidence that is needed already exists. Recordings, data storage, photographs, whatever, they already exist. And the FBI and whomever else is involved in this "investigation" has more than two or three people at their disposal. At this time, if there was ANYTHING, I repeat, ANYTHING incriminating, it would be enough to substantiate the charges. But there isn't. So we are left with two choices. The IC is totally and completely inept, or there just isn't anything there.

I honestly won't be hurt, or even bruised if Trump is guilty of Treason, I'll stand next to you and hold the rope while you tie it. But I also am sick to death of seeing what sure looks like a witch hunt from the 1600's play out and seeing the world laugh while our leaders focus on this stupidity. As in poker, it's time to call or fold. No third option exists.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Nixon resigned because the scandal over Watergate was pulling the country off course. Six months into his administration, and Trump is in a worse position.

no
Nixon resigned because the tapes were turned over. Had the tapes not been turned over he would not have gone.

Please point out the equivalent to the nixon white house tapes. There is not one. This is actually nothing like watergate for trump. It is actually closer to watergate for obama as nixon also spied on his political opponents.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:51 PM
link   

I'll see if I can break this down a bit for you. All the evidence that is needed already exists. Recordings, data storage, photographs, whatever, they already exist. And the FBI and whomever else is involved in this "investigation" has more than two or three people at their disposal. At this time, if there was ANYTHING, I repeat, ANYTHING incriminating, it would be enough to substantiate the charges. But there isn't. So we are left with two choices. The IC is totally and completely inept, or there just isn't anything there.

I honestly won't be hurt, or even bruised if Trump is guilty of Treason, I'll stand next to you and hold the rope while you tie it. But I also am sick to death of seeing what sure looks like a witch hunt from the 1600's play out and seeing the world laugh while our leaders focus on this stupidity. As in poker, it's time to call or fold. No third option exists.

My theory: the IC isn't inept. THey are flailing mad that they lost their oval office asset that has existed since Reagan was installed by Bush, Sr.

That isn't to say Trump isn't a savior or a good person. He just isn't one of them. Lets call it "a different breed of asshole". LOL

The things that make us think the IC is inept are due to them giving lip service about what they are doing, while doing something completely different.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Ha, ha, bringing Nixon to the Trump Russia Democrats witch hunt, to keep people hopeful that Trump is going to disappear and he will no be president again.

The amount of desperations is just too much for many to get a good grasp at it.

Most of those that remember Nixon are part of the big group of voters that actually voted for Trump in this elections, older adults and core America patriots.

Sad that the media keep feeding the gullible.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The problem isn't casting a "bigger net," the problem is acting before the bigger net's power is understood. If there is a conspiracy, it may reach to the highest levels of government. The Director of the FBI may have lost his job in its pursuit. The AG cannot be trusted. The National Security Adviser could not have been trusted. See the problem yet? There may be a reason why this administration is being so slow to fill open positions, and why it is slashing employment in some departments. If we saw this in another government (say, Hungary or Poland) we might be calling it a "purge."

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I don't think they are inept either. I think the back room government has politicized the IC along with the rest of the government and uses it as a tool.

If this wasn't so damn predictable, it would be scary.
step 1, accuse him of sexual misconduct. (if that doesn't work, step 2)
step 2, accuse him of treasonous activity. (if that doesn't work step 3)
Step 3, lone gunman on the third floor of a book depository. (it's messy and will be a conspiracy for eons, but it gets the job done.)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Please point out the equivalent to the nixon white house tapes. There is not one.

Not one that has been made public yet. Of course, Flynn will be turning over his documents soon. Let's wait, shall we?

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:28 PM
link   

A "purge" is what happened to the brass of the US Military under the prior administration.

Comey was a turd. Everyone knows it. No one wanted him employed anymore.

The AG abrogated her responsibility to Comey so he could go on camera and over reach his actual authority by announcing there was nothing to see with Hillary.

Were I POTUS i'd not stop with Comey. I'd disband the entire FBI. I wouldn't have stopped with Clapper, i'd have disbanded the entire NSA and CIA. So from where I stand its just refreshing change.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Please point out the equivalent to the nixon white house tapes. There is not one.

Not one that has been made public yet. Of course, Flynn will be turning over his documents soon. Let's wait, shall we?

Wait on what? Comparing this situation to watergate? I have not compared this to watergate you did.

What documents will flynn be turning over?
Have you even researched the consequences of the allegations against flynn? He will be docked is retirement pay for the amount he failed to disclose.
Hardly watergate.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Your title could just as easily be: "Republicans love Comey when he's investigating Hillary but dump him when he investigates Trump."

He miscalculated the Liberal response, thinking that they would support the firing.

Most of you aren't old enough to remember when Nixon did basically the same... fired his Attorney General.... echos of Watergate. It's only a matter of time.... .tic toc...
edit on 11-5-2017 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blarneystoner

Or like Democrats hated Comey when he was investigating Hillary and wanted him fired but love him now that Trump fired him.

Is call hypocrisy and right now the democrats are swimming in it and are about to drown in it too.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   

We have seen an ice cube start to emerge from the sea. Let's see if it starts to turn in to an iceberg.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Why does this post not surprise me?

Same # different day.

posted on May, 11 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

They had an opportunity to show some maturity and say something like, although the timing is suspect and highly concerning, Comey needed to go. I could totally respect that. Instead we got the usual ass-backwards logic, double standards, and hysteria. Again.

posted on May, 12 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Which of these 11 replacements for Director Comey do you feel would cause liberals and the liberal MSM to have mental breakdowns?

www.foxnews.com...

What's really great, is that Democrats can't do a thing to stop it, if Repub Senators stick together, like they did for Neil Gorsuch.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18 >>

join