It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why? How in the hell are you making cheap bail with your 53rd felony arrest?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   
So, this guy is out on bail pending 37 felony car burglaries, had a record before that, while on bail he gets busted in another county in a stolen car knocking off cell phone stores.... and his bail is set at $10,000!!!

How? This is insane.

nypost.com...

Saevon Broaden, 22, was back in the slammer Monday following his 53rd felony arrest after he was caught breaking into at least three cellphone stores in New Smyrna Beach, Florida, according to news station WKMG.

Police said Broaden was driving stolen vehicles with another suspect, Craig Blunt Jr., to the stores in an attempt to break into them. They led police on a chase around 1 a.m. before ditching the cars in the middle of the interstate.

The 22-year-old was tracked down Monday morning in a wooded area using K-9s and helicopters.

Broaden was booked on burglary and grand theft charges at Volusia County Jail, where he is being held on $10,000 bail, according to court records.

His latest arrest comes less than a week after he posted bail at Orange County Jail in connection to 37 car burglaries at the University of Central Florida (UCF) in Orlando.

How is this guy not in prison already as a total write off habitual offender?
edit on 9-5-2017 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   
With a name like 'Saevon" you know he's destined for greatness!! We are a failed country of laws....

edit on 5 090509 1717 by WUNK22 because: Misspelled idiots name

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

I vote lobotomy.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Probably a snitch.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
I don't think they would even let a snitch get away with this much crap.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Protected class citizens, he's a good boy about to turn his life around and is an aspiring rapper.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Here's his mugshot:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Is 'connected'? Maybe has an uncle thats a general or judge, maybe a secret operative for the alphabet agencies, knows no matter what he does he'll get let off.... obviously.

We must consider though the 'seriousness' of his crimes. He's not armed, threatens no one. Burglary, though a felony, is not a considered a violet crime because it only involves property of someone who is not home, or not in their car.

If he used a gun or knife, or robbed some one at knife or gun point, robbed a store or bank, threatening people with bodily harm, etc.

Big difference between violent and non violent crime.

I'm just guessing at the circumstances, the OP article does state " 37 counts of car burglary ".

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22
With a name like 'Saevon" you know he's destined for greatness!! We are a failed country of laws....

Sae Von Tye Jacarr Broaden, to be exact.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Hmm..must not be a "3 strikes , you are out" State, Or did Obama ban that ?

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Really?

Stolen Car, Police Chase, Manhunt.

Police said Broaden was driving stolen vehicles with another suspect, Craig Blunt Jr., to the stores in an attempt to break into them. They led police on a chase around 1 a.m. before ditching the cars in the middle of the interstate.

The 22-year-old was tracked down Monday morning in a wooded area using K-9s and helicopters.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: WUNK22

The only people I personally know named Jesus mow yards for a living.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
Really?

Stolen Car, Police Chase, Manhunt.

Was he armed? Running away isn't a violent crime, cops chasing someone in a vehicle is.

That ought to stir up the law and order crowd.

They caught him 37 times already, why risk the public safety by chasing him in 'hot pursuit'? Jesus, just wait till he gets caught again, dud obviously is addicted to burgle.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

His mom was on the news saying he was selling stolen cells phones to pay for college. He din du nuffin wrong. He was actually running from the cops to get to church on time. Just a misunderstood angel is all.
edit on 9-5-2017 by Crumbles because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   

It mentions arrests but not convictions. Was he acquitted of all of those charges? Still guilty until proven innocent in this country. For the time being anyhow.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

I'd say the fact he just got caught in 2 different countries those charges were in fact legit. Innocent is very VERY VERY unlikely 99.99999999.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

I don't know about other places, but I'm in Mass. criminal courts all of the time. It's very easy to be charged in multiple counties, especially if you are not white. Also, in Boston if you get caught breaking into a car your usually charged with B&E (a felony), possession of burglarious tools (a felony), larceny (possible felony), and malicious destruction of property (a felony). Rarely is anyone convicted of all of the charges. Give the cop a little guff, get resisting arrest or ABPO added on.

It used to be a right of passage for teens to steal cars in Boston when it was all white. Just a slap on the wrist. Now you get nailed with multiple felonies.

Don't get me wrong, people who steal cars deserve punishment. I just think 10 g's is a pretty high bail for a property offense. It'd take my family a while to get that up and we're all professionals.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
I thought everyone understood that you follow the money.

$10,000 a pop for this revovling door criminal.

Business is Goooooood!

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:02 PM
link   
regular customer discount .

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
When you get arrested, they dont give you 1 felony, they give you a huge string of them. In the case of the example, 37 felonys. that is 1 arrest, not 37, and all considered a single instance. They arrested him and charged him with X counts.

the 3 strike rule isn't 3 felonys but rather 3 instances of felonious behavior.

Dont any of you have wayward brothers or something? for a bunch of enlightened, you sure are confused about how the draconian system works.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join