It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oregon may allow drivers to choose nonbinary, rather than male or female, for licenses

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

Because they're gay HuRRRRRRR-DURRRRRRRRRR.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   
I do not see it as a win for freedom.

How is someone more free after they put the B instead of the F or M on the little box? You know how you can tell it is a load? Because the word validated was used. It is not tangible, it is a feeling.

It is a participation trophy and does not allow a vote, access to a closed club or equal pay for equal work.

Sorry, I am not buying it.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
I do not see it as a win for freedom.

How is someone more free after they put the B instead of the F or M on the little box? You know how you can tell it is a load? Because the word validated was used. It is not tangible, it is a feeling.

It is a participation trophy and does not allow a vote, access to a closed club or equal pay for equal work.

Sorry, I am not buying it.

I don't think you really think this. Unless you just haven't thought about it for a bit. Imagine you were able to get any religious symbol on your tombstone except for a cross (pretend you're Christian if you aren't) and the, suddenly, you were allowed to request a cross on your tombstone because a law just enabled you to do so.

How is that a bad thing? Does crosses on tombstones affect me? Nope. Do I understand their "delusions"? Nope but I'm willing to take their word for it when they say they believe it and I'll give them the space to do so.

What you are saying is clouded by your feelings of who is being benefited here. Seriously consider the above analogy and maybe you'll see where you aren't being unbiased about this.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

You assume i have an issue with people being who they want to be. I do not-go for it. Be the best you you want to be.

Religious symbols on tombstones is not a similarv comparison.

Honestly I don't care about a B-M or F on a license. I find it hard to believe that an adult need to be validated, there is no law that says they can't be nonbinary. It seems like a personal thing.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Honestly I don't care about a B-M or F on a license.

Great! It's settled then.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:39 PM
link   
This is really going to piss off the "furbee's"

I thought the internet would lead to a healthier and smarter world, not a high speed mental disorder spreader.

F-me running

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:45 PM
link   

As long as you are satisfied.

posted on May, 9 2017 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
Sadly, here in America, the ship of common sense sailed long ago. The vast majority of citizens now have to deal with the every liberal proposal that further pushes us towards an unnatural way of life to satisfy weirdos. Yeah, i said it...weirdos. I like individualism but when is the crazy going to stop? I'm not bible thumping here for the record. I'm simply stating that your sex is dependent on your chromosomes and biology, period and not a matter of "feelings".

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Is the male a 1 and the female a 0?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Are non-binary drivers better or worse at parallel parking? In the UK women drivers get cheaper insurance premiums.

Not any more. Became illegal to rate on gender a few years back.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 02:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xeven
Sex is not a mental decision or choice.

What about people who are born intersex?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 04:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Then and only then are they the exception.

edit on 10/5/2017 by scubagravy because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: scubagravy

originally posted by: ScepticScot

Then and only then are they the exception.

Them and only them? Hardly. More like the go-to.

Biologically speaking there are like a minimum of 10 different conditions that aren't 'so cut and clear'.

Chromosome abnormalities alone, it's obviously not limited to XY/XX as often stated, X0/XX/XXX/XXXX/XY/XXY/XXXXY/XYY/XXYY are all possible combinations, and this isn't including various other issues in development itself. Men just being born without testicles or penis happens, or females with lack of working organs. There are more than one of these conditions.

People that think standard chromosomes characterize gender too don't understand hormones often. As example, a genetic women (XX) with congenital adrenal hyperplasia produced unusually high levels of virilizing hormones in utero and developed stereotypically masculine sexual characteristics, including masculinized genitals.

Similarly, genetic men (XY) with complete androgen insensitivity syndrome don’t respond to male hormones and fail to develop masculine sexual characteristics. Most live their lives as women. Some historians suggest that Joan of Arc, Elizabeth I and Wallis Simpson all suffered from this syndrome.
edit on 10-5-2017 by Mordekaiser because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 05:55 AM
link   

a reply to: seasonal

Just wonderin, are you guys alright over there in the Land of the free .....

becoming comedy central.

What?

You know what .....

The typical american lets start a fad, be the first, push ridiculous ideas and make them reality, thats what,

It's becoming a joke, this whole gender crap is a farce.

"boys have a penis, girls have a vagina" That's all that's needed to know.

BTW, this is not a personal attack on you, i am pointing out the BS that your population swim in day in day out.You can see it....cant you ?

You may appreciate the "Drunken Uncles" take on the decent into psychosis.

Warning: NSFW, contains language and opinions some may find offensive. Or hilariously spot on.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:52 AM
link   

a reply to: scubagravy

Got ya, and agreed.

If that is all it takes to feel validated, perhaps a different hobby?
There is merit to expounded non-sense ?

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: cre8chaos
Is the male a 1 and the female a 0?

TOUCHE'T...............

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I mean, if its important to someone that they have this completely trivial notation on their DL then i could care less.

It seems like such a huge over complication for nothing in return, though. Other than placating someones psychological hang ups on gender and sexuality.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

what bothers me about that video is that when you do something without seeking attention you just simply do it. You don't post videos and back links to the world of social media to announce what you are doing. I do all sorts of things, and have never made a Vlog to discuss what im doing or why.

On the other hand, some people have to sit and talk about things as part of their process. To me this is annoying as all hell, as im not a "lets sit and talk about your feelings" kind of guy, as our feelings really only matter to us for the most part. Although this feeling on my part is usually reviled by people who disagree and get angry. To get angry at me for feeling that I don't care about your feelings is not caring about my feelings and creates a vortex of irony.

I guess its better for me to just ignore the various people that annoy me throughout the day, the annoying things my loved ones do, and try to reduce my overall frustration with the world. Honestly, this nihilistic phase im in comes and goes in response to the BS that seems to waft in and out of social consciousness...so who knows how ill feel in another month. But today i'd say i don't care about people who believe or feel something, so long as they don't care that im going to be oblivious of it.

posted on May, 10 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: CulturalResilience
Are non-binary drivers better or worse at parallel parking? In the UK women drivers get cheaper insurance premiums.

very good observation, how will it affect insurance rates?

in the united states older drivers pay cheaper insurance rates, so if people are allowed to change their gender identity can they also change their age identity?

can a 21 year old who is paying high insurance rates claim that they actually identify as a 50 year old and the insurance company will be forced by law to give them the same rates as a biological 50 year old?

what a slippery slope this whole "identity' thing has put us on.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join